Chapter 57: Hope 3

She is a boy

Chapter 57: Hope 3

As promised, Daehyun texted Jongup every fifteen minutes, this time he texted him about the cute baby panda he got to feed and pat...

    “What do you want to do now?” Youngjae asked, unaware of Daehyun on his cellphone “We can go to the museum, the palace or the amusement park...” Youngjae was eager to do those things with Daehyun, since he didn't see pics of him doing those things with Jongup, he was happy to be his first.

    “I want to eat” Daehyun pocketed his phone and looked around searching for a restaurant.

    “I don't know why I'm surprised” Youngjae chuckled. In reply, the blond hit him in the arm.

    They went to the nearest restaurant and ordered grilled ribs, oxtail soup and rice.

    “This smells delicious and looks startling” Daehyun gasped as he studied the dishes “The rice is shaped like pandas!” he took out his phone and took a pic and sent it to Jongup and Jongup replied with several hearts.

    “I'm in love, but I'm in love with you more” Jongup typed and Daehyun blushed and laughed silly, and then Youngjae laughed too, he thought Daehyun blushed and laughed because of him, unaware of Jongup on the phone.

    “You know” Daehyun kept his phone “Afterward, I want to take pics, this place looks amazing”

    “Yeah, let’s do whatever you want” Youngjae said. Actually, he didn’t mind if it was the museum or the amusement park, he just wanted to be with the elder.

  

“I feel guilty for eating those little pandas” Daehyun said, walking through the gardens full of flamboyant flowers.

    “Really? You ate all and then asked for more, now we know why they're extinct” Youngjae said and laughed.

    “You aren't funny” Daehyun took off his backpack and hit him with it before taking out the camera and handing him the bag.

    “Why are there so many roll films?” Youngjae asked, looking inside the backpack.

    “I told my friends I was coming here and they told me to take a lot of pics because this is a beautiful placeñ. Indeed it is” Daehyun closed his eyes and exhaled the sweet scent of the flowers that surrounded him “I can't believe I didn’t come here earlier”

    “I can't either, you do so many things with Jongup it's strange he hasn't taken you here before” Youngjae was both jealous and happy, jealous because Jongup was everywhere and happy because he was the one, and not Jongup, who showed that beautiful place to Daehyun “This could be our special place...”

    “What?”

    “Nothing” he blushed hard and lowered his head, he wasn't able to say to Daehyun how much he loved him now that he didn't know what Daehyun felt. Youngjae didn't want to be rejected, he was a jerk and rejected Daehyun, but he didn't want to be rejected by Daehyun “I mean...” the elder was losing interest and turning away when Youngjae grabbed his wrist like a desperate kid who grabbed his kite with all his might, so it wouldn’t fly away, Daehyun was his kite. No, Daehyun was more like his angel, he didn't want to let him go ever again.

    “Yeah?” the blond asked in confusion, he looked Youngjae in the eyes and then looked at his hand grabbing his wrist.

    “I want to take pics too” Youngjae said “I'm interested...”

    “Since when?”

    “Since now... Like you said, this place is beautiful... Can you teach me?”

    “You want me to teach you to take pictures?” Daehyun had had many dreams with Youngjae, but he never thought in his wildest dreams the younger would be interested in photography.

    “Yes, I want you!!!” Youngjae screamed at the top of his voice “I mean... I want you to teach me to take photos” he said nervously as his cheeks turned red like cherries.

    “Of course!!!” Daehyun said with a spark in his eyes and gave him the camera.

 

Youngjae had planned to visit the museum, the palace and the amusement park with Daehyun, however, they spent hours and hours taking pics. Although in the end he didn't care as long as he was with the photographer.

    “How do I see the pics?” the black-haired man asked, looking for the screen where the photos were supposed to show.

    “This isn't a digital camera” Daehyun laughed “It's an old fashioned film camera, to see the photos you have to develop the roll film first”

    “It sounds complicated, why don't you use a digital one?”

    “I love developing photos” Daehyun smiled the brightest, maybe his opponent wasn’t Jongup but photography “With digital cameras I always know how the photos are going to be and if I don't like them I just delete them, but I can't do that with the film camera, I have to wait to develop them. Sometimes the photos I thought that would be the best come out awfully and the ones I thought would be the worst, come out the best”

    He shut up as he noticed Youngjae’s poker face “Forget it, you don't understand...”

    “No, I do” Youngjae said “Sometimes the things you expect aren't what you really want and the things you never expected are the most important...” Daehyun was brave when he confessed to him, so why couldn't he be brave too? Youngjae thought. Even if the elder rejected him, he wanted him to know his feelings for him, he wanted to say I LOVE YOU.

    “Duibuqi” (excuse me) a girl approached them hesitantly.

    “What?!” Youngjae yelled, desperate, he was about to say to Daehyun about his feelings and then that random girl interrupted.

    “Ni zhidao shuohua ma?” Do you know Chinese? The girl asked and Youngjae said:

    “Yes”

    “Youleyouan zai nali?” (where is the amusement park?)

    “Ni de zuobian, ranhou youbian, ranhou zaici zuobian” (your left, then your right, then your left again) Youngjae said quickly, he wanted to be with the blond alone again.

    “Xie xie” (thank you) she said and left.

    “That was Chinese?” Daehyun asked, curious.

    “Actually it was mandarin, whatever, I have something to say...”

    “I didn't know you speak Chinese, mandarin...”

    “Yeah, I studied bussi...”

    “Do you know more languages?”

    “Yeah, it was part of the business cla...”

    “Can you say something?”

    “I'm trying to say something”

    “Which more languages you know? Say something!”

    “Why are you acting weird?”

    “I've always wanted to learn another language, but I have neither time nor the money” Daehyun said “You can teach me like I taught you photography!!! Say something!!!”

    “Sou konna fuu ni itsumademo, kimi wo suki na mama de ite ii desu ka?” Youngjae said “It's Japanese”

    “Japaenese?” Daehyun said “Sou konna fuu ni...”

    “Itsumademo, kimi wo suki na mama de ite ii desu ka?”

    “Itsumademo, kimi wo suki na mama de...”

    “Ite ii desu ka?”

    “Ite ii desu ka?” Daehyun repeated every word “What does it mean?”

    Yes, just like this, forever, can I please stay loving you this way? Youngjae wanted to say it, but it was too late, the courage he had before was gone, he wasn't able to tell Daehyun his feelings anymore. He was afraid of being rejected, he was terrified that Daehyun would push him away.

    “It means you have a leaf on your head” Youngjae said and slapped Daehyun's head in order to wipe off the leaf.

    “Wow, that long sentence means I have a leaf on my head?”

    “You don't anymore”

    Suddenly Daehyun's phone rang “It's Jongup” he said and turned away to answer. It took a few minutes, Youngjae felt like an eternity and started to think that Daehyun forgot about him.

    “Jongup wanted to know how I was” Daehyun said as he hung up “I promised him I'd text every fifteen minutes”

    “Every fifteen minutes? You said you aren't a couple”

    “We aren't, we're just friends”

    “What kind of friends text each other so much?”

    “Jongup and I”

    When we were friends you never texted me every fifteen minutes, Youngjae thought, hurt. He wanted to yell at Daehyun, he wanted to snatch his phone and throw it away, and then he had an epiphany; Daehyun had been on his phone throughout the day, smiling, laughing... Daehyun was happy because he texted Jongup every fifteen minutes, not because of him. He scoffed, didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He shook his head and turned around...

    “Where are you going?” Daehyun asked, confused.

    “My car”

    “What? You said we'd go to the amusement park”

    “You can go alone, I‘ve got work” he said without looking at him.

    “But...” Daehyun didn't know what the hell happened. Abruptly, the mood changed, Youngjae changed.