Chapter 21: Crash.

She is a boy

Chapter 21: Crash.

Jieun's assistant called Youngjae in the middle of the night to say that Jieun wanted Dasom to go to her studio for a wardrobe fitting. So now Daehyun was in Jieun’s studio at two in the morning. The place looked more like a boutique with large windows and mannequins in fancy clothes than a studio, Daehyun thought as he looked at the dozen of changing rooms, also there were a living room and a big lobby, but the thing that caught all his attention was the giant mirror on the ceiling.

    “I hope I’m not late” someone said, entering the store.

    Daehyun recognized that voice and turned to find Zelo walking towards him.

    “Dasom noona!” Zelo said eagerly “You’re here too to try on Jieun noona’s designs, right?”

    “Yes” Daehyun said, fixing the hood that covered big part of the wig, he didn’t bothered to comb it, after all, he didn’t want to be there “There's nobody here though”

    “I guess Jieun noona’s at the back of the store”

    “Have you been here before?”

    “No, but I’ve heard that she works up on the second floor and sells her work on the first”

    “Then she’s upstairs now? We must go up or wait for her to show?”

    “You're in a hurry” Zelo chuckled.

    “I'd rather sleep in my comfy bed than be here” Daehyun said “People sleep at these hours, I bet she called me here so late at night as payback for confronting her earlier”

    Suddenly the giant mirror fell off the ceiling, Daehyun realized it too late, but Zelo didn’t. The taller model ran to her and wrapped his arms around her and covered her with his body while the mirror crashed against the ground near them and broke into a million pieces. Some glass flew everywhere and cut Zelo’s right hand.

    “What’s going on?” Jieun walked in the room and gasped in surprise as she saw Zelo holding Dasom in his arms protectively among shattered glass.

    “Are you ok?” Zelo asked Dasom that shook in his arms.

    “You saved me” Daehyun mumbled as he felt that one of Zelo’s hands on his shoulder was cold. He cocked his head to the left to see that Zelo’s hand bled nonstop.

    “Sorry I dirtied your hoodie” Zelo removed his hand while a hint of pain appeared on his face.

    “Don’t be silly, you’re hurt!” Daehyun took Zelo’s hand carefully in his “What are you looking at? Bring the first aid kit!” Daehyun fought to keep his girly voice and ordered Jieun to get the first aid kit.

    “Yes” Jieun snapped out of her trance and rushed to her office.

   

Later that day, Youngjae called Zelo and Dasom into his office and they could feel the tension in the air. Youngjae didn’t speak for half an hour, he just stared at them in silence as they stood in front of his desk without a clue.

    “You know why I called you here” Youngjae finally said.

    “Not really” they said in unison.

    “Not really?” Youngjae showed them a daily magazine called Be Happy where they were on the cover with the headline ZELO X DASOM THE HOTTEST COUPLE IN FASHION

    “It’s not what you think” Dasom said.

    “A picture's worth a thousand words!!! Zelo’s holding you in his arms and you look very happy with your hands on his chest and your face in his neck!!!”

    “Where did that magazine take the photo from?” Dasom frowned “It’s not what it seems”

    Dasom didn’t want Youngjae to misinterpret the situation. Daehyun did not want Youngjae to misinterpret the situation.

    “Come on, Zelo, tell him what really happened!” Dasom pouted.

    “I just covered Dasom with my arms to protect her from a mirror that fell off and nothing else” Zelo explained.

    “Are you ok?” Youngjae asked Dasom as his jealousy changed in worry.

    “I’m ok, but I wouldn’t be if it weren’t for Zelo” Dasom turned to face the younger and smiled to him “You saved me”

    Youngjae felt a sharp prick in his chest as he saw the way Dasom looked into Zelo’s eyes. Youngjae wished to be Zelo and wished he had saved Dasom.

 

the bad guy criminal that chased daehyun in chapter 1 will make its appearance in the next chapter