Sunmi (Jihyo)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#bringbackSunmi2k19

 

Sunmi (Jihyo)

 

“Naw…who’s a good boy? Who’s a good boy?”

 

“Nayeon, he’s a police dog…please stop talking to him like that.”

 

“But he’s so fluffy!!!”

 

 

Jihyo looked up from the German Shepard she’d been petting, “How did you get through your training in a few months? Doesn’t it take longer?

 

“Plot convenience.”

 

“What?”

 

“Hey, when did Chae go blonde?” Tzuyu asked changing the subject,

 

Jihyo studied the officer a moment before going back to Cooper again. Tzuyu had just finished her training with the K9 unit as had Cooper, so the duo were now partners. She had asked if she could bring the dog to Jihyo’s new apartment, she had agreed but didn’t realise everyone’s focus would be on the soppy animal who was laying on his back having his tummy rubbed. Jihyo had moved into an apartment on the floor above Mina and Chaeyoung’s as to escape the Dahmo shenanigans before they became regular occurrences again. Jihyo was slightly nervous about living alone but it had been nice having Jackson round more without her friends there to .

 

Jihyo sighed at the thought of Jackson, she knew that he was planning to ask her to be his girlfriend soon. They’d been dating for nearly a year and most couples would have done it by now, however something was holding Jihyo back and she wasn’t sure what it was. She liked him, he was a gentleman and treated her like a princess but there was something missing that she didn’t know how to fix. She hadn’t spoken to anyone, just in case it got back to Tzuyu and then Jackson, but it had been bothering her for a while. Jackson was a catch and unlike her relationship with Wendy, Jihyo didn’t regret any of her time with him. She actually quite liked him, actually she liked him a lot so she didn’t understand her hesitation.

 

Her thoughts turning dark she left those cuddling the dog and went into the kitchen to make herself a drink. When she returned she stood next to Sana who was glaring at the affection the dog was receiving. Jihyo nearly laughed but decided instead to distract the girl by bringing her over to where Dahyun, Momo, Mina and Chaeyoung were sat at the table playing some card game no one really understood the rules to.

 

“So Jihyo,” Mina spoke up, “How you feeling about living alone for the first time?”

 

“A little nervous.” Jihyo confessed,

 

“You’ll be fine,” Sana told her, “I’m sure Jackson will keep you company.”

 

Cue teasing voices and Tzuyu audibly retching.

 

“Very funny.” Jihyo responded with an eye roll, “I’m seeing him tonight actually, we’re going out for dinner at that cute Italian place round the corner.”

 

“Ooh that’s expensive!” Nayeon gushed, “Think he’s going to ask you the big question tonight?”

 

“Honestly, Ji,” Sana continued, “Don’t get with him.”

 

“Sana!” Mina scolded,

 

“I need one other single friend in this group!”

 

“What do you mean single?” Tzuyu asked looking round,

 

Sana pointed a finger at her, “You dumped me remember, fix that before whining.”

 

Tzuyu looked back at her dog before smiling and giving him a fuss, “At least Cooper always loves me!”

“Stupid dog.”

 

Luckily the….what Jihyo could only hope was playful banter was interrupted by the doorbell going. Everyone looked at each other, counting in their head. Yep all nine of them were there…so who the was at the door? Standing slowly, Jihyo made her way towards the door - hoping against all hopes she wasn’t about to get shot and ruin her VERY expensive carpet. She opening the door and there was a bouquet of flowers blocking the person from view. For a second Jihyo thought it might have been Jackson, but then she realised this person wasn’t as tall.

 

Then a familiar face popped out from behind them.

 

“Surprise!” Sunmi greeted,

 

She was in her doorway.

 

In Korea.

 

Not America.

 

Sunmi was in Korea.

 

Sunmi looked a little embarrassed, “A-Are you okay? Was this a bad idea?”

 

Aaand Jihyo was back in the room.

 

“Nonono!” Jihyo shouted too loudly, “I mean no it wasn’t a bad idea, not no you shouldn’t have come. I’m glad you’re here! But why are you here? Shouldn’t you be in America? How long are you back for? How’d you know I moved?”

 

“Jihyo sweetie, you’re rambling,” Sunmi smiled, “Take your flowers and give me a hug.”

 

A smug Nayeon appeared, taking the flowers for her shocked friend and handing them off to Sana so she could put them in a vase. Immediately, Jihyo flew into Sunmi’s arms and hugged her tightly. Suddenly, everything in the world seemed to click together. Jihyo couldn’t peg what it was but in those moments where Jihyo was in Sunmi’s embrace everything was right. Sunmi pulled away a little but didn’t remove her arms.

 

“To answer your questions: I’m here to see you, I only just landed, permanently and Nay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter