Dubchaeng At War

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - This is a prompt from anna11189

 

OKAY WTF!! I WAS OUT ALL DAY WITH NO WIFI AND I CAME BACK TO CARNAGE! I CAN’T BELIEVE I GOT FEATURED!!

 

Thanks everyone who left a nice comment and that had voted and subbed to this story - seriously I…like don’t know what to do…just….AHHHH xD

 

I just wish this chapter was better to celebrate it…

 

Dubchaeng At War

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung had been best friends all of their lives.

 

Chaeyoung’s family took Dahyun in when she had nowhere else to go, she was like their third daughter. They had been inseparable all their lives, even when in a group the duo were always near each other. In fact if someone didn’t know better they would have thought the girls were lovers as opposed to best friends, they were just so close. That’s why Dahyun’s attack was hard on Chaeyoung. She had wished she had gone with her, protected her, but she didn’t. Instead all she could do was be there for her friend during the days and nights when Momo wasn’t there to protect her. Chaeyoung would leave her apartment every day, after telling her boss she wanted to work from home whilst she and Mina were looking to adopt a child, and spend the day making Dahyun feel as normal as possible.

 

Because that’s all Dahyun really wanted.

 

It’d be easy for them to coddle Dahyun. Most of them did, the girl once commenting that she knew now how Tzuyu felt when they’d look at her with pity. It was dehumanising. Dahyun may be a bit fragile but she was an adult and Chaeyoung took every opportunity to show her that. She would treat Dahyun as it nothing had ever happened to change that fact. Chaeyoung didn’t even bring it up after the first month, choosing instead to help Dahyun by keeping things as normal as she could. However, there was one topic that Chaeyoung did bring up one cold afternoon whilst they were hanging out in Dahyun’s living room.

 

“Did you hear Sana had Tzuyu sleep on the fire escape for the last two nights?” Chaeyoung laughed,

 

“Woah,” Dahyun went wide eyed, “Really?”

 

“Yup, Sana even made her sort her MnM’s by colour, then mixed them up again!”

 

“She’s not making this easy is she.”

 

Chaeyoung laughed again before turning to look at Dahyun, “Are you going to talk to her?”

 

“Sana? I see her every day---”

 

“No, ! Tzuyu.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes,

 

“I don’t know,” Dahyun shrugged, “On one hand she caught the bastard that….y’know, but on the other all I can think about is her hitting me.”

 

“I would’ve hit you too…”

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

“If you’d have kissed my Mina I would have whooped your !” Chaeyoung commented half joking,

 

Dahyun laughed, “Come at me shorty!”

 

“YOU’RE NOT THAT MUCH TALLER THAN ME!!”

 

Before Dahyun could goad her friend on they heard noise from the fire escape. Chaeyoung and Dahyun exchanged a look, they weren’t hearing the usual voices. But they weren’t new voices either. Occasionally, some of the students from the floor below tried to climb onto THEIR fire escape. It was the biggest one in the building and it was no secret that the group were up there a lot. A lot of the lower floors were a little jealous about it so occasionally they would have to fight some snotty teenagers for it. These kids hadn’t been around in a while, somewhat courteous after Dahyun’s incident…

 

Added to the fact that a broken hearted Sana had chased them off with a rake last time they tried.

 

They lived in an apartment…

 

Why did she need a rake!?

 

Standing up, Chaeyoung stormed over to the window and yanked it open, “Oi!”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter