Yellow, Liu Xing

Myoui Mina's Next Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu opened Mina’s door quietly, she found the older girl napping quietly on her bed. Mina’s phone was still in her hand, the game PUBG on pause. TWICE’s maknae smiled at the sight, she loved seeing Mina’s chest rise and fall, how she breathes softly. She took big strides to get to the other girl’s bed.

 

She laid next to Mina and wrapped her arms the sleeping girl. Tzuyu noticed the novel, “Crazy Rich Asians,” by Kevin Kwan next to Mina’s head. She looked at Mina’s face, “stars” adorned on her face and looked up at the ceiling where she put up glow in the dark stars for her girlfriend.

 

Stars and constellations were one of Mina and Tzuyu’s interests.

 

They would go stargazing for a few dates. Bringing a telescope, warm blankets, and hot chocolate. They loved going to planetariums, being under the “stars.” For an anniversary present, they gave each other a star.

 

Both of them naming a star after another.

 

Tzuyu smiled at the thought of their love of the stars and kissed Mina’s cheek of constellations warmly. Mina started to stir awake and gave her love a sleepy smile. “Xingan…” Mina said softly and snuggled closer to Tzuyu.

 

Her heart still flutters when Mina calls her the Mandarin term of endearment.

 

Mina wanted to have pet names with Tzuyu, she would her call her “my love, my treasure, and darling.”

 

Mina wanted something special.

 

Out of the blue when they were stargazing one night, Mina declared, “Xingan, Wo Ai Ni.” Tzuyu was speechless, she wanted to declare her love to Mina first. She was surprised at Mina’s term of affection. “Xingan” meant “heart and liver,” someone you cannot live without and someone who is extremely precious to you.

 

“Ai eru, Xingan.”

 

They both smiled at each other with tears in their eyes and kissed softly under the stars.

 

“Let’s watch Crazy Rich Asians later…” Tzuyu smiled.

 

Mina smiled and kissed Tzuyu’s nose. “Okay, I’m happy I finished the book just in time. You wanna go get something to eat before the movie?” She patted the Taiwanese girl’s stomach softly.

 

“I’ve been craving dumplings,” Tzuyu laughed.

 

..

 

After grabbing a quick bite to eat, Tzuyu bought the tickets while Mina offered to pay for the snacks. They found a perfect spot, right in the middle of the theater. Tzuyu looked over at Mina, who was extremely excited to watch the movie. The older girl sipped her watermelon slushie and offered some to Tzuyu.

 

Tzuyu was extremely proud to see Constance Wu, a Taiwanese American actress, making it big on the big screen. It had put a proud smile on her face.

 

When Astrid Leong was shown, Mina immediately gave heart eyes to the actress. It didn’t go unnoticed by the younger girl and held onto Mina’s hand tighter.

 

..

 

Tzuyu laughed super loud when the actors were speaking to each other in Mandarin. She absolutely loved the mahjong scene between Rachel and Nick’s mother. She and Mina clapped when Astrid finally said to her cheating husband, “It’s not my job to make you feel like a man. I can’t make you something you’re not.”

 

The younger girl’s ears perked up of the beginning of Coldplay’s “Yellow.”

 

It was one of Mina’s favorite songs.

 

Wo Xiang Zhi Dao

 

Liu Xing N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter