Precious Love: Mina's 3rd Birthday Party

Myoui Mina's Next Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon awoke to the sunlight seeping through their window blinds. She turned to her wife, Jihyo, who was still sleeping soundly. Jeongyeon smiled at the sight of Jihyo and her cheek.

 

She was so happy she found love within Jihyo.

 

She had two beautiful daughters that she loved so much.

 

Jeongyeon let out a happy sigh and smiled at thought of her and her family.

 

“Yah, Jeongie, it’s your turn to wake up the kids.” Jihyo mumbled with her eyes still closed. Her wife turned over in the bed, wanting to get more sleep. They were busy planning their youngest daughter’s third birthday party. “Arraseo,” Jeongyeon huffed and got out of the bed.

 

She walked over to Momo’s room, where Mina would always be found with her Momo unnie. Ever since Jeongyeon and Jihyo tied the knot, Mina loved her Momo unnie and would always follow her around. Momo seemed annoyed of having her little sister always around, but she loved spending time with her dongsaeng.

 

Jeongyeon opened the door quietly and squealed at the sight of her daughters. Momo had her arms wrapped around her small sister and Mina had her tiny arms wrapped around Momo’s waist. Mina let out a small snore and turned her head. “Pengu, you’re snoring again,” Momo grumbled and turned away from her.

 

Jeongyeon giggled at her daughter's’ interactions and went to go wake them up. “Momoring, Minaring, wake up.” She gently shook Momo awake and Mina let out a whine, she hugged Momo tighter. “Uhma,” Mina said sleepily, still wanting to sleep. Jeongyeon attempted to kiss them on the cheek to wake them up.

 

“Kids, come on. We have a big day ahead of us,” Jeongyeon said excitedly and sat on the bed. She gently picked up Mina and put her into her arms. “Do you want to wake umma up?” Jeongyeon nudged her eldest daughter to wake up.

“If I only I get to sleep in with you, Mitang and Umma for an hour.” Momo reasoned her mother. “Aigoo, okay let’s go.” Jeongyeon also put Momo on her other arm and lifted them up, making their way to the master bedroom. She put them down on the bed and Momo crawled her way over to Jihyo.

 

With Mina still asleep, Jeongyeon laid herself down on the bed carefully and Mina sleeping on her chest. Momo tapped her Jihyo umma on the cheek, “Umma, wake up! It’s Mitang’s special day today! There’s no time to be sleeping right now.”

 

“Aigoo, I’m getting scolded from my sleeping princess,” Jihyo yawned and sat up from the bed, she placed Momo on her lap. “And our Mina is still sleeping…”

 

“Pengu, unnie is telling you to wake up,” Momo whispered and poked her chubby cheek. Mina started to stir in Jeongyeon’s arms and turned her head. “C’mom Minaring, do you know what today is?”

 

“It’s your birthday!” Momo clapped her hands. “Bertday?” Mina lifted her head up. Mina began to talk more, but still had trouble pronouncing words and Momo helped her with her speech the most. Jihyo and Jeongyeon decided that they will take Mina to a speech therapist after her birthday.

 

“Happy Birthday, Mina!”

 

..

 

The family was having breakfast and Mina wanted fruit that was placed on the table. “Uhma, bodo?” She pointed to the grapes. “Minari, po-do,” Jihyo smiled and gave her some, placing it on Mina’s high chair table.

 

“Po-do,” Mina repeated and stuffed a grape into . “Minari, how old are you today,” Momo asked her dongsaeng. The toddler held up three fingers, “Thre-e!” Jihyo and Jeongyeon let out a laugh, continuing to eat.

 

When everyone was done eating, Jeongyeon started to clear the table. “Honey, make sure to give the girls a bath and dress them with their dresses! Remember we had an agreement.” Jihyo let out a sigh and Jeongyeon smirked.

 

“What if Mina doesn’t want a pink princess theme party?” Jihyo reasoned with her wife. “Why not? Mina will look cute with a tiara and pink tutu!” Jeongyeon retorted. “Let’s have a bet then.”

 

“If Mina picks the pink princess theme party, I get decide what the girls are wearing.” Jihyo stated. “If she picks my theme, you decide what the girls are wearing.”

“You’re on, wifey.” Jeongyeon shook her hands in agreement with Jihyo.

 

..

 

“Mitang, which party theme would you like to have?” Jeongyeon smiled and joined both of her daughters on the living room floor. She held up a Disney princess theme flyer and Mina took a look of the flyer. Jihyo entered the living room, taking a seat next to Jeongyeon. “My Mina, how about this one?” She gave her little daughter a "Under the Sea" theme flyer. They laid down the flyers for Mina to pick.

 

The room was quiet and now the whole family was waiting for Mina’s decision.

 

“Sang-o (Shark), Peng-uin, Uhma.” Mina smiled and went back to playing with her unnie.Jihyo cheered in delight while Jeongyeon pouted, “At least my girls are wearing my favorite color!”

 

“Umma, what did you do?” Momo wailed, not wanting to wear pink at Mina’s birthday party.


 

..

 

While Jeongyeon were getting the girls ready, Jihyo was setting up for Mina’s birthday. They hired extra help for setting up tables and a photobooth. They were also setting up an inflatable bounce house while Jihyo was making sure the catering was going smooth. Inflatable sharks and penguins were everywhere, along with fish decorated the party. 

 

Everything is right on schedule, Jihyo thought. She made her way to the fireplace mantle, where there pictures of Jihyo’s late wife, Sana. In the picture, she was still pregnant with Mina and that was the last picture of them as a family.

 

“Sana-ah, our Mina is three today,” Jihyo touched the picture frame and gave Sana a teary smile. “She’s so beautiful…. I know you’re looking down on us. I thank you for sending Jeongyeon and Momo our way, you are the angel watching over our family. We love you, Sana."

 

Jeongyeon heard her wife’s whole monologue and was brought to tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter