Before the Babysitter's Club: Meet the Hirais Part I

Myoui Mina's Next Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My babies! Already becoming teenagers today!”Hirai Hana brought her hands up to , tearing up on the thought of her twin daughters, Momo and Sana’s birthday. The twins grumbled at their mother’s oversensitivity, but smiled when they saw their mother waddle over to them and embraced the two. Their mom had dark long hair and cat-like eyes, standing at an average height. Wearing a yellow floral sundress and brown sandals, her pregnancy made her glow even more.

 

“Umma we are just turning thirteen-years-old!” Momo whined and wrapped her arms around their mother. “Plus we are finally having a boy-girl party!” Sana replied happily, kissing their mom on the cheek. Momo and Sana were fraternal twins, where they both had different traits from their Korean mother and Japanese father. They both inherited their father’s blonde hair; Sana had her mother’s eyes and father’s nose, Momo got her father’s eyes and mother’s nose.

 

Their house was decorated with purple and pink balloons and streamers, along with a banner that said “Happy 13th Birthday Momo and Sana!”

 

“In a few weeks, you two are going to be unnies or noonas!”

 

Sana and Momo looked at their mother’s protruding belly. She was eight months pregnant and looked like she was ready to pop any day. Their parents made an agreement to be surprised for the gender of the baby and they would only know the gender when the time is right for their mother to give birth.

 

“Our little Melon Pan has been kicking all day!” Their mother brought her hand to her stomach. Akira, their father, gave the baby a fetus nickname because his wife would crave melon bread and wake him up to buy it for her. The twins brought a hand to her stomach to feel their baby sibling kick slightly.

 

“Melon Pan knows it’s our special day,” Sana smiled and wrapped her arm around their mom.

 

“I can’t wait for them to arrive.” Momo smiled.

 

The door opened, revealing Hirai Akira. “My girls!” He set down the many things he had on the floor carefully and made his way to his lovely wife and his wonderful kids. Akira made sure to get home early from the hospital to celebrate his twin daughters’ birthday party. Standing at a tall stature, he had a clean blonde haircut and mustache. He had long broad nose, where black frames adorned his face.

 

“Happy Birthday, my Momo and my Sana.” He kissed both of them on the cheek. “Thank you, Papa.” The twins said in unison. Akira went over to his wife and kissed her warmly. He put his hand on his wife’s stomach and rubbed it, “How’s our little Melon Pan doing in that little water bed of theirs?”

 

The room filled with laughter and Hana elbowed him in the gut, “That water bed is me, honey! Our child is going to be a soccer player at this rate on how they’re kicking!” Akira let out a hearty laugh and wrapped his arms around his daughters.

 

“Our Melon Pan is just excited to meet the mother who made a comfortable home for them for the past eight months,” The blonde haired man kissed Hana’s forehead.

 

“Now let’s celebrate our girls’ birthday!”

 

..

 

It was an hour before the party. Everyone was putting the finishing touches for the birthday party, a scream echoed throughout the house.

 

“Honey, kids! Get in here!”

 

Sana and Momo looked at each other for a few seconds, then dashed to the kitchen where their mom was in. Their dad beat them to the kitchen and was right by their side.

 

“Mama, what happen-”Sana’s eyes widened at the sight of her mother.

 

“Wait, Mama, why is the floor all wet?” Momo asked innocently and was genuinely concerned for their mother.

 

“Momoring, Satang get the hospital bags from upstairs and meet us at the car! Our little Melon Pan is coming!” Akira announced and held onto his wife.

 

The Hirais made sure to write a note on the door and call their friends that the party is now cancelled.

 

..

 

Momo and Sana never imagined to celebrate their thirteen birthday this way. Their dad gave them money to have dinner by themselves at a nearby restaurant and now they were having cake at the hospital’s cafe. After eating cake, they made their way to the maternity ward to wait for their mother and birth of their sibling.

 

It was nearing 10 o’clock and the twins were in the waiting room. Momo had her head in Sana’s lap, trying not to fall asleep. Sana was staring at their mother’s door, waiting for any updates from their father.

 

Sana’s eyelids started to grow heavy and she drifted asleep.

 

..

 

“Girls, Momoring, Satang…” The twins were awakened by their father’s soft voice. They both got up and rubbed their eyes. Their father handed them party bag full of their favorite snacks and candies.

 

Strawberry mochi, pocky, jelly.

 

A pink, strawberry melon pan.

 

Momo and Sana’s eyes widened in surprise and jaws dropped.

 

“Our Melon Pan is a girl,” their father announced and hugged his girls.

 

A sister.

 

A little sister.

 

“That’s an unbelievable birthday present Mama ever gave you,” Akira chuckled and kissed the top of their heads.

 

“Now let’s meet your baby sister.”

 

..

 

Opening the door quietly, they saw their mother looking exhausted and gave a tired smile to her two oldest daughters. She was holding a small bundle in her arms, both girls knowing it was their little sister.

 

“Girls, meet your little Melon Pan,” she whispered and motioned them to get closer. Momo and Sana approached their mother and the baby quietly as possible. Their baby sister had a pink cap on, dark hair peeking through the cap. She had the cutest button nose and a little pout on her lips.

 

Momo and Sana instantly fell in love with their baby sister.

 

“So Momoring, Satang, did you think of a name?” Their dad whispered and was on the other side of his wife and watched his youngest daughter.

 

Their parents gave them the opportunity of naming their youngest sibling. After months of fighting and crossing out names off the written list of theirs, they finally found the right name.

 

Using their twin telepathy, they looked at each other and announced together.

 

“Mina.”

 

“Mina, Hirai Mina.” Their mother looked down at the family’s newest edition. The baby woke up and looked up at her family, she cooed with happiness and smiled.

 

“Aww, she already likes her name.” Akira smiled and her cheek.

 

“If she was a boy, it would be Mino,” Momo joked and put her arm around Sana.

 

“I’m sorry about the party, girls,” Hana admitted sadly and rocked the baby softly.

 

“Umma, you already gave us the greatest birthday present you could give to us.” Sana said sincerely and kissed her mother’s cheek.

 

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Momo, Sana, and Mina. Happy Birthday to you.” Their parents sang softly and smiled at their precious girls.


 

..

 

Baby girl Mina had to stay in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for a few days for being born premature. The family would visit their newest edition to the family everyday and Akira would send pictures to his wife and kids.

 

The nursery the family prepared was waiting for the baby girl. Mina’s nursery room was a light lavender, the room decorated with light blue and pink penguins on the wall and in the crib. The Hirai family decided on an ocean and ocean animal themed room, since they wanted a gender-neutral nursery.

 

Once when she cleared with all the check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter