Samjoko - 29

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! Here's our update for today! The whole chapter will be in Ju-hyun's POV explaining some things to Krys. 

Thank you to all our subscribers and to those who upvoted the story thank you very much! I appreciate everything and the comments too i read it and i will try to answer it one by one. 

See you all tomorrow chingus!

Peace yow!

--------

 

 

CHAPTER 29

 

Ju-hyun’s POV

 

  

“Achoo!~” both of us, Krystal and me, sneezed at the same time making Luna laugh. We just arrived in front of Uncle Jack’s one of the best Steak house in New York.

 

“Wow… you even sneezed at the same time now. How sweet~~…” I pulled my girlfriend closer and pinched her nose.

 

“It’s cold! Winter cold! How can we not sneeze! Lets go inside my is freezing!”

 

“Good thing I wore a thicker jacket this evening… or my will freeze in this weather!” Krys blurted out while clinging her arms on me laughing.

 

“You two just used ‘’ in one sentence. I can’t believe it…” Amber said while blowing her hand. I meronged at her and the 2 of us giggled.

 

We entered the restaurant and the warmth of the place welcomed us. Finally! Lulu called them earlier placing a table reservation for 5, Vic will be coming later after she finishes talking to some sponsors.

 

Ever since last October that Krystal and I had ‘The Talk’ and forgiveness has been given along the way, I have this deep feeling of fondness over her. I had my doubts before if she’s really sincere on her new friendship with me and I know she had too in the first couple of weeks. But talking really helped us bury all the bad memories we had and we started on a clean slate.

 

Even before back in Princeton I’ve notice the good aura surrounding her that’s why I felt threatened and insecure. She has the Purple aura emitting all over her the moment we met years ago. I know she’s a very nice person then but I was too blind to see even though I wanted to be close to her.

 

It’s like there’s an invisible chain that brought us together.

 

How did I see that aura?

 

It’s not just auras surrounding people I see, I also see spirits all around me.

 

Yup, I have this annoying gift of seeing things, spirits roaming around sometimes trying to scare me and a lot of times just wants some company or someone to talk to. That was one of the reasons why Amber and I spend so much time together when we were young, because I was also afraid to be alone. Because being alone means spirits will be bugging me.

 

Me seeing those things started when I was very young. I think when my parents brought me to Korea from L.A…. around when I was 5 or 6 years old? I don’t really remember clearly my childhood. Its like a big part of my childhood disappeared on my mind… like a computer file erased and lost in the Trash bin. But last year I had some recollections and dreams that I’m still investigating with the help of my girlfriend.

 

But I do remember being in Korea and crying at night because I saw a pair of eyes inside the old cabinet in my room. I thought it was a cat, it wasn’t. It was a kid and we became friends, of course what would my young mind think back then?

 

When I told it to my parents they told me there’s no such thing like that. So I learned to live with it.

 

Then we went back again to L.A. and lived there ever since and the rest is history.

 

This gift I have is a blessing and at the same time a curse. When I was in the facility it was worse, that facility was inhabited by a lot of spirits if you don’t know how to handle it then you’ll be transferred to the mental hospital. But some of the spirits there also helped me.

 

Yep, some of them are nice spirits who can’t pass on the light because their relatives or someone dear to them hasn’t let go of their memories or some of them still has some unfinished business.

 

Oh God… staying at Jeolla too was a big challenge! It was a forest! And a lot of soldiers died there for heaven’s sake!

 

What I noticed when I was there was when Luna is near me, the spirits tend to back off. And what made me laugh inside is she have those rainbow auras surrounding her the first time I met her and she threatened me.

 

I was too happy to be beside her because the spirits are all afraid to get near me and I shoo them away. When they left me and Jae Suk in the Camp on some days, it was chaos.

 

Soldiers were running around fighting battling with their swords, horses feet thundering, some soldiers cutting heads, etc. So annoying that I wore a headphone just to muffle their noises and work on the kitchen.

 

When we were looking for Amber that time when she was with Jonghyun, I saw a dead soldier pointing directions to me on where to go. I didn’t tell them because I don’t want them to freak out. And one last thing.

 

Yes, it was Jonghyun that we killed there in that meadow that day. But it wasn’t just Jonghyun.

 

It was Hyunjong and Jonghyun. The spirit was controliing Jonghyun’s judgment and feelings. When he tried to attack Krys and Amber with the ancient sword, it wasn’t Jonghyun that’s doing it.

 

It was already Hyunjong conquering Jonghyun’s mind and body.

 

Only Amber knows about my gift since we were friends for a long time. I also tend to scare her before and yes she is a big coward when it comes to ghosts. I told her to just keep it a secret because I don’t want to be the weird . Being a is enough, but to add weird is not acceptable.

 

 

 

And its not only the warmth of the place that welcomed us, we were also welcomed by a spirit of a dashing male who has his eyeballs dangling on his face. Great. Good motivation for eating.

 

The receptionist ushered us to our table at the far end of the restaurant. It’s my favorite spot because its private and quiet. Luna and I made it a habit to eat here at least once a week ever since she came here to New York.

 

Krystal was clinging her arms on me and her aura was all white sparkles of light meaning there’s an Angel nearby protecting her and the baby. Pregnant women usually have this kind of aura and it means a safe pregnancy.

 

As promised, we had a feast on Kobe Beef  and Rack of Lamb, some shrimps and other seafoods. Vic came and the atmosphere was merry even though some of the spirits are waving hello at me. Lulu noticed me mumbling under my breath discreetly and she squeezed my hand under the table. She knew about this gift I have… I told it to her when I went looking for her at Jeju and watched the sunset and sunrise with her. An old man was hovering around her and I found out it was the spirit of her deceased Grandfather looking over her because she's alone.

 

“Yoonie… just don’t mind those ‘friends’ of yours.” she mumbled lowly enough for me to hear while smiling at Amber pretending to listen at my best friend’s lame joke.

 

“I am not minding them~~… they are just too happy and too scared to see you~~…” I cooed at her and continued on eating. The Liu couple was across us while Vic sat at the head of the table chattering too while sipping her red wine.

 

“You know… I had this strange thing happening to me earlier…” Krys blurted out then looked at me and Luna. Amber was peeling the shrimp for her then feeding her… wow so devoted hahaha!

 

“Why? Is it the reason why you asked Amber to bring you back to the hotel?” Luna asked her after swallowing her meat. I stared at her aura and I can see some very light energy coming from her.

 

“What happened?” I asked her putting my steak knife down on my plate and wiping my mouth gently.

 

She sighed then raised her hands on the table looking at it “Do you remember when I told you guys I dreamed of the Gongju and the Gongzhu before?”

 

“Yes… it was one of your leads to find them, right?”

 

She turned her gaze at me and spoke straight into my eyes “I had some visions yesterday while we were in the museum.” Strange.

 

“But Krys, you only had those dreams when you touched the dagger with your bare hands… that dagger is like a trigger for you and it lead them to enter your mind. Visions…? Like as in you will see the past, present, and future if you touch something?” Luna asked her again but in my mind I am already formulating an answer.

 

Krys was staring straight at me like her eyes were telling something. Does she know about my abilities? Did Amber told her?

 

“I…I touched something…” the glass display? “Or rather…SOMEONE yesterday.” me?! but we didn’t held hands. We only hugged and there was no sign of her having an out of body or being rooted in your place experience….

 

Wait.

 

My eyes went wide staring at her and she nodded discreetly. Is she saying something to me?

 

Because if I am right, we touched the hand of the same person and maybe gave us the same vision.

 

Remembering yesterday when I introduced her to Miss Jessica, I noticed she became stiff and she was holding Miss Jessica’s hand so tight. She was startled and she dropped my boss’ hand when Amber called her name… looking like she came back to reality.

 

I nod slightly at her and placed my table napkin on the table smiling at the people on the table “I need to go to the bathroom… Krys are you going to?” I saw a smirk at the side of her lips and placed her napkin too o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter