Samjoko - 20

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh... Second update by the way. 

XD

 

--------

 

CHAPTER 20

 

 

“Krystal I swear I am saying the truth, Jonghyun and I are not going to have a baby and I did not blackmail him. He was the one who offered it and I was so bent on talking to the two of you that I joined him. When we arrived here in the camp site, he even told me you called her that morning asking where we are because you can’t wait to slap me. That’s why I acted like that when we met…”

 

“WHAT?! I will never hurt anyone unless I’m provoked or it’s in a life and death situation. I didn’t learn Tae kwon do just to hurt people randomly. Besides I didn’t call him! The last time we saw each other was back in Beverly Hills 3 years ago when I said goodbye to my in-laws and just that. He even hugged me when I said goodbye and told me to keep in touch but I was just too busy to do that. I only kept in touch with Mom and Dad until now but with Jjong never.” Victoria straightened on her seat and reached for my hand on the table looking grave.

 

“That jerk! I never thought he’ll bad mouthed me like that! Here I am thinking he was just willing to help me! Jerk!”

 

“K-krys… are you close with Jjong?”

 

“Well… sort of, when he visited us in Boston a month after Amber and I got married he stayed with us and I toured him around when I don’t have classes. Then Amber will join us after when she comes out of school. That’s why I had the chance to know him better…”

 

Come to think of it… I always ask him to go out of the house because I feel so awkward to stay inside with him. He was nice, yes… but I always feel an unexplainable aura with him when we are inside the apartment. There were times I feel that he was staring at me but I only was shrugging it out telling myself that I shouldn’t feel like that because he is Amber’s brother.

 

I only feel comfortable when Amber is with us or we are in a place with lots of people.

 

Amber told me before that he and Jjong never really see eye to eye. They were always fighting when they were kids and he was a rebel. Well Jjong is what? 8 years or 9 years older than my wife. When they became adults they became sort of close, Amber said. Because Jjong left their house when he was 18 and lived independently, scrapping Dad’s plan for him to study in Harvard and went to New York to pursue his passion in arts and acting because he got accepted in Julliard.

 

I saw Luna shared a look with Vic and they nodded at each other. Are they keeping something from me?

 

“Krys, did you tell your in-laws about you moving in a new apartment months ago?” Luna asked me. I shook my head slowly with a look of confusion.

 

“I… haven’t. You know I was busy with University stuffs and we only had a day to transfer all my things to my new home. And it’s not that important…” Luna clicked her tongue shaking her head.

 

“So you don’t have any contact with him for 3 years like how you are with Amber, right?” I turned to Vic and nodded.

 

“Told you I’m too busy with that. Only Mom and dad, while Amber has contact with Uncle. She told me last night that Uncle helps her by sending latest photos of me through e-mail.”

 

Just where is this heading?

 

I feel nervous about this.

 

“Krys, 6 months ago Jjong and I hooked up in New York when I had a vacation. We kinda got into a week of ‘togetherness’ …” I raised my eyebrow at Luna finally finding out who the guy he was telling me when she got back from her vacation. She just told me the guy was charming but a total and complete hoe and .

 

“So he was the ‘guy’..”

 

“Yes he is. But anyway, what I’m trying to say is I only realized now that Jjong probably knew me. That I am related to you…”

 

My face was in a frown digesting what Luna said “How? I mean how can you say that Luna?”

 

She sighed deeply and looked at me before she spoke “The whole week we were together, we shared some personal things like family you know. He only said he has a Mom and Dad in L.A. plus a sister somewhere but he didn’t say where because he said his sister is traveling in some far away desert or jungle. While I already told him the story of my life--”

 

“Typical of you my , I bet you also told him the names of your 21 babies.” I snorted at her and flicked her forehead playfully. “What happened to the motto of yours, ‘Enter quickly, leave immediately’? No strings attached, no cuddling on the couch? You fell for him!”

 

Tsk tsk tsk… he fell for that charm?! I can’t believe it!

 

“YAH! This is not about me now! Listen to me Krys, when I told him I have a best friend back in Korea and mentioned your name he started throwing random questions on me like what you do, why are you still single, when did we became friends. I even told him you went to the U.S. to study for a year. But he didn’t tell me he knows you!”

 

That’s creepy.

 

“He also accidentally mentioned to me yesterday that he knows you moved into a new apartment, that you told him it was a 2 bedroom apartment near the university.” I suddenly felt goosebumps. Is he…

 

Is he stalking me?!

 

How did he know it??

 

“How did he… knew about that?” I asked them. They were just staring at me not knowing what to say. I’m so confuse right now.

 

Our dream last night… is Jjong also the reincarnation of Hyunjong?

 

I froze on my seat realizing another stupidity in me. God Krystal! It’s there right before your eyes!

 

“…” I mumbled while rubbing my palm in my face.

 

“Why? What’s the matter Krys?” I took a deep breath and scratched my eyebrow before looking at them.

 

“I… we… I mean me and Amber, we had a dream last night.”

 

“The 2 of you had a dream last night… okay..” Vic said nodding her head trying to understand what I’m trying to say.

 

“We dreamed together, we are in the same dream and we saw how the Gongju and the Gongzhu perished. They showed us how they were killed and how they ended up in that tree.”

 

With a sigh, I started telling them the dream we had. From the moment we arrived in the house, the Gisaeng and the Gongju talking but I left out the part that the Gisaeng looks like Ju-hyun and the lady in-waiting looks like Luna. I don’t want them to be confuse and bothered about being part of our history. That the Gisaeng admitted to the Gongju that they are half sisters then the Lady in waiting Jinyoung arriving bloodied saying that she and the Gongzhu was attacked by bandits. Then to the scene where we saw the Gongzhu fighting with the bandit with her sword who turns out to be her trusted head of the guards Hyunjong. They cried when I narrated how Hyunjong stood up and plunge the Gongzhu’s own sword in her body shielding the Gongju from getting hurt, then the Gongju giving her life choosing to die with the Gongzhu when she hugged her tightly and be pierced with the sword too skewering the two of them until they lost their breath.

 

“So that Hyunjong was the reason why the 2 Princesses changed their course and went to Baekje, then he was a brokenhearted psycho who wants to kill the Gongzhu so he can keep the Gongju for himself only, thus doing that fake bandit ambush.” Luna said thinking deeply.

 

“Krystal… do you mean you and Amber are the reincarnation of the Gongju and Gongzhu you were saying?” Ju-hyun sure can get something fast. I nodded my head and felt the hairs in my arms raise.

 

“Yeah… the Gongju and I has the same mole in our left chest. It was the proof the Gisaeng said to the Gongju, and the Gongju knew its true. One thing Luna, Vic… the Gongzhu lost her front teeth from the encounter so we can give that as one proof of her remains when the laboratory starts examining it.”

 

We turned quiet in a while thinking deeply.            

 

Hyunjong….

 

When you jumble his name it makes…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter