Samjoko - 18

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! This was supposed to be a 2 chapter update but i decided to just merge it.

Are you all ready to know the cause of their demise? 

And yes, Jonghyun is the villain in this story and not Seobaby! She's just a depressed baby come on! But of course she's still a in Krystal's eyes... but let's see after this chapter... Luna having a problem with Seobaby... Ottoke..

Chingus thank you for dropping your comments, guesses about the story. It keeps me motivated in writing. 

If you like the story, do click on that upvote button at the bottom of the chapter. ^_^ If it's just so-so, it's okay :)

Thank you to all our subscribers and see you all tomorrow!

Happy Weekend Kryber shippers!

Peace yow!

-------------

 

CHAPTER 18

 

 

Luna’s POV

 

“Jonghyun…”

 

He was standing a few meters away from the tent where Amber and Krystal is staying. His back was facing me so I don’t know what creepy thing he is doing there.  

 

I’ve been keeping an eye on him ever since I saw that look on his face. We got 2 disturbed persons in our camp site and its scary.

 

Scary in the sense that one of them will be triggered to have a melt down.

 

Ju-hyun might be healed and has recovered from her depression now but there’s a chance it can be triggered IF the demons comes back by feeding it. I believe while she’s here it won’t happen because she’s in an environment that makes her happy and forget about things that may trigger it.

 

On the other hand, Jonghyun’s case is something deep. His is not just being jealous of his sister, its also a form of obsession for not having what his sister has.

 

I have a feeling he has this obsession in getting what makes Amber happy. Because for him, Amber took his happiness and love from his father when she came to this world.

 

And now the girl he likes.

 

I think this is not love he is feeling… this is like some sort of achievement from him if he gets Krystal from his sister.   

 

“Hey! What are you doing there?! Are you some kind of a ert now Jonghyun?! Oh my God…” I said teasingly but at the back of my mind I’m so nervous.

 

I don’t know what he’s capable of doing but at least I know how to protect myself.

 

Turn around you jerk…

 

Let me see your actor’s face..

 

I started walking slowly taking my time and scratching my head acting like I just woke up. “Hohummmm *yawn* I suddenly felt the need to use the bathroom… hohummm…”

 

The light coming from the shining moon illuminates the place, I can see his hands clenching at his pants trembling. Then it stopped when we heard a loud snore coming from inside the tent, probably Amber snoring to exhaustion from their Home Run.

 

He turned around and welcomed me with a shy smile a change in his actions. He scratched his head like he was shy “Hey Luna! Geez! You’re acting like I’m peeping at whatever these too are doing.”

 

I smirked at him and teased “Well you were standing there! I thought you’re listening to their mating sounds! Knowing how a ert you are… Did you woke up when you heard it? I was in head phones so I didn’t...” he approached me and placed his hands inside his short pocket smiling at me.

 

“Y-yeah… I though there was some wild animal roaring outside that’s why I went out of the tent and followed it. Disgustingly the sounds lead me to this tent… tsk tsk…”

 

Nodding, I observed his behavior and body language. He’s acting like he was so embarrassed I caught him listening to the couple. He’s really good in acting…

 

Let me test you and see your reaction.

 

I already walked back to my tent and he was walking back too on the tent he shares with Jae Suk when I snorted and mumbled audibly.

 

“Hahaha!!! Probably the wild animal is Amber grunting! Or Krystal being served by Amber. That’s how she is the past few nights when they reconciled…tsk tsk tsk.” I took a glance at Jonghyun and saw him stopped at the entrance of their tent, his jaw clenching. “Haissst! Krys is so lucky to have someone like Amber… romantic, sweet, kind, loving, smart, has a good job and prestigious too, not to forget… great in bed like Krys has been proudly saying hohoho… my best friend is soooo getting laid every night…”

 

Hahaha… Jonghyun… why are you so transparent?

 

I can see how his hands trembles when he reached for the zipper of their tent and immediately entered it without looking back at me.   

 

When I entered the tent, I saw Wendy and Ju-hyun sleeping in their bags with mouths open.

 

Wow… she looks like an Angel even if she’s sleeping.… - anddddd there’s a drool.

 

WHAT THE PINEAPPLE IS WRONG WITH YOU PARK SUNYOUNG!?

 

“Oooookayyyy…. that’s not a good thing.” I slapped my face and crawled to my sleeping bag that is unluckily, beside Seo Ju-hyun.

 

Please don’t make me confuse with my uality Seo Ju-hyun! I’m comfortable of what I am.

 

But she looks like an Angel…

 

With a tail Luna? And a horn?

 

NO. An Angel indeed.

 

“Oh.MYGOD.” I zipped my sleeping bag and closed my eyes not forgetting to put on my air pods. This is not so happening to me. I am Luna Park Sunyoung - I am STRAIGHT.  

 

Before I even  the music I heard Wendy’s loud piggy like snore and Ju-hyun mumbling something.

 

What is she mumbling? was pouting and mumbling..

 

I leaned my right ear forward to where she is and heard her quiet mumbling.

 

“I want Goguma… Many many many Goguma… Goguma… Goguma… ZzzzzzZZZzzzz….”

 

I burst out laughing at how Ju-hyun dreams of Goguma. That was cute…

 

I want to trust you Seo Ju-hyun… you are someone so fragile who needs understanding and care. Support from friends and family that will nourish you with good words and encouragements.

 

If you are telling the truth and really changed, I will give you a chance to be my friend.

 

Remembering how Jonghyun glorified his honor and stomped on the honor of this girl beside me mumbling Goguma, I can’t help but feel sorry for Ju-hyun.

 

Jonghyun is using his acting skills to make us all believe him. I bet Ju-hyun doesn’t even know that Jonghyun already badmouthed her to me and Victoria, plus the couple probably.

 

Krystal needs to know about this… I have to warn her.

 

But first, I need to make a team.

 

We’ll never know what surprise Jonghyun and Ju-hyun has in store for us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I opened my eyes and surprised to see Amber beside me holding my hand. Our eyes met just staring at each other.

 

This is a dream… right?

 

We were in the meadow meters away from the small house that I saw in my dream before. Flower beds, vegetable beds, hanging ginsengs, the smell of food.

 

We’re standing in front of the Gongzhu and Gongju’s house! 

 

She reached for my face and did the thing she always do… pinch it.

 

“Awww! AMBER!”

 

“This is just a dream… right?”

 

I took revenge by pinching her flabby tummy making her squeal like a banshee. Is this true? We are both dreaming ? Both of us inside the same dream?

 

Wow… its like playing that game Haechan was saying. What’s that again?

 

VR game…?

 

“Am… this is a dream…”

 

“I know honey, we are fully clothe. Last time I remember we were at my sleeping bag…”

 

I slapped her arms feeling annoyed at her. She made a peace sign and kissed the back of my hand before asking “Krys, should we go inside and declare our presence?”

 

Should we? But this is a dream…

 

Just like before…

 

“Yeah… let’s go inside.”

 

Hand in hand, we passed through the flower beds admiring the beautiful sunflowers blooming. I didn’t know sunflowers were already local here in Korea at that time…

 

Well this is a dream so maybe what I’m seeing right now is an illusion.

 

We were entering the door when we heard voices talking from the inside. Amber and I looked at each other and she nodded at me to proceed.

 

“How can I be so sure that you are not tricking me and Yiyun?! You were the one who leaked the information of our planned escape! Hyunjong told us of your betrayal to me and the Gongzhu.”

 

It was the Mura Gongju talking to a woman whose back was facing us. Her hair was made up in a normal manner but wearing a flashy Hanbok.

 

“Ongju mama… I do not know what Hyunjong said about me, and I know it will be hard for you to believe me but I am saying the truth. He is planning something devious to break you and the Gongzhu apart. Believe me Ongju mama… all I want is for you and the Gongzhu to be safe.”

 

Strange…. it feels like I know this woman.

 

I entered the house leaving Amber behind because I am so curious on who this woman is. As soon as I saw her face, my heart started pounding.

 

The woman in front of me resembles Seo Ju-hyun… But Amber said she saw her as the Gisaeng in her dreams…

 

I snapped my head to where Amber is and waved my hand for her to follow me. I pulled her arm so she can see who it is.

 

“Am… this is the Gisaeng, right?”

 

“Y-yeah…” she nodded. “Can they see us?”

 

“Probably not… I think they are showing us the past..”

 

We settled standing at the side of the table watching the Gongju and the Gisaeng having a stare down. Wow… this is probably me and Seo Ju-hyun if we have a confrontation scene.

 

But what do I see from the Gisaeng’s eyes? Is that fear? And there was sincerity too…

 

“Tell me Myeongson… why did you betray us? Why did you tell the soldiers that we are passing through on that gate? The Gongzhu trusted you!”

 

“Mama!… I know it is a grave mistake from me and until now I am still feeling the regret here in my heart...” she placed her hand in her chest and spoke again “But I only did that because my mind was poisoned with the thought that letting the 2 of you escape the palace together means I am going to lose the Gongzhu whom I cherish…”

 

“So it is true… you have a deep affection for the Gongzhu…” the Gongju whispered while looking at the Gisaeng.

 

“Many times, I have offered my heart and my whole being to the Gongzhu. But always, she politely rejects my advances. That is why when I found out from Hyunjong who the Gongzhu meant as someone who has taken her heart, I was devastated. Yes, it wasn’t the Crown Prince or any noble. If it was a man I will take it with a heavy heart… but it was you. You… my own s-sister…”

 

WHAT?!!!!

 

The Gongju was taken aback with what the Gisaeng said. Amber and I looked at each other with shock in our eyes.

 

How… SISTERS?!

 

“W-w-w-what did you s-s-ay?…” the Gongju was obviously shock and surprised. Come to think of it… the Gongju wasn’t listed in the history no mention of her name and everything. So there’s a possibility that her mother is not a noblewoman, the King probably took her from her mother and gave her a name, taking care of her fondly like what the Gongzhu told Amber in her dream.

 

The Gisaeng took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly, controlling her emotions before starting “I was 10 years old and being hid by my mother who is a Gisaeng. Gisaengs are not allowed to have a child from any random man or nobleman. They are a property of the State being used for entertaining guests and the King. I was raised by one of her friends in the Countryside until I turned 10, she summoned me to be with her and start my training. She introduced me as her niece and she thought me the ways of the Gisaengs. She is a loving and charming woman, she explained to me our situation and at that young age I understood it. She will instantly be put to death if they find out she has a child.”

 

“I…I d-don’t understand this….”

 

“The King was one of mother’s ‘friend’… I have witnessed him visit mother in her residence and stay there. I believe the King has a deep affection for mother but they can’t be together. Then you… you were conceived. Mother knows the King is your Father because she is only exclusive for him and no one else. When the King learned about it he was overjoyed… his happiness was beyond compare. He made a lie, he brought Mother to the Palace saying that mother is the wife of his good friend who died in the border fighting Mongols thus he decided to care for us since he has deep respect and gratitude for his friend.”

 

“But Father told me my Mother died because of childbirth…” my heart is breaking seeing the Gongju tear up… it’s like looking at me breaking down to pieces when Mom died.

 

“No… Mother died because of poisoning. A week after you were born, Mother suddenly fell ill… started throwing up blood. I was there attending her… it was a nightmare. It was after drinking the tea that was brought to her coming from the kitchen. When the King had it investigated, it turns out one of the Noblemen connected with the Queen planned it due to the enormous amount of time and affection the King showers my mother. Because of that, I was left with no choice but go back to the Gisaeng house and train because it was my destiny. The King made it known to the land that he is your father and no one said anything about it… thus giving you the title Mura Ongju.”

 

I didn’t know tears were already falling from my eyes until Amber wiped my face with her shirt while holding me. Life is so strange… imagine having Seo Ju-hyun, the girl I hate as the reincarnation of this woman in front of the Gongju. Her sister…

 

What if Seo Ju-hyun is also my sister in our own lifetime??

 

Oh my God.

 

“Honey… Krys, are you okay?” Amber asked me while wiping my tears. I nodded at her and held her hand while we watch the Gongju crying while still looking at the Gisaeng Myeonson.

 

If this is true… then it’s the reason why Mura Ongju is not listed in the Annals of the Kingdom. Myeongson made a move and tried to touch the Gongju’s hand on the table but the latter pulled away, shaking her head while crying.

 

“No… no… that is a lie! You are lying! My Mother is a noblewoman and she died in childbirth! My Father the fallen King told me numerous times when I was still a young girl that she died in childbirth….”

 

“Gongju mama….”

 

“You are just lying… to get my side and be close to the Gongzhu again…”

 

“I have said what I wanted to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter