Samjoko - 4

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our second update for today! (Pray for a 3rd update hehehe...). So by now you know that they are really married... but are they really divorced? Hehehe...

Should Krys take her again?

Enjoy... ;D

-------------

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Amber Liu, let’s talk.”

 

By the way Luna said those words, I know Krystal might have told her by now. She is glaring at me and possibly wants to throw me on the blazing fire in front of us with that small frame of her.

 

“She already told you about our story I suppose…” I smiled sadly and played with the stick of marshmallows heating it on the fire, before placing it in between the graham cracker with a thin slice of chocolate on it then sandwiched it with another cracker. I stood up and gave it to Luna before sitting on a log near her.  

 

“Thank you…”

 

I nodded at her with pursed lips then break out in a small sad smile “Krys loves smores… I always make smores for her when we go camping back then.” I took 2 bottles of beer inside a cooler near me and opened it giving one to her.

 

She took it and took a swig before eating her smores. Her face in a grimace after doing that, made me laugh silently. Like what Krys said before, her best friend Luna is really funny.

 

I took a swig of my beer tasting the bitterness in my mouth. She was staring at me and I knew she wants me to talk.

 

“When I saw Krystal that day in a party, she took my breath away. I told myself, ‘This girl will have a significant role in my life’. When I touched her hand, there was this sudden surge of electricity running through my veins. She was like a Goddess who came down on Earth from the Heavens and mingled with humans like me.” I smiled on the recollection and took a sip of my beer again.

 

Luna was quiet for a while then suddenly asked me “What happened Amber? Why did you break her heart?”   

 

“I… I was a fool.”

 

“Stupid and fool. Just the same. From what Krys narrated to me before she fell asleep in tears, you are in deep . And I want to kill you right now do you know that?! You had the nerve to hurt a very precious person… that’s my best friend right there telling me that her ‘wife’ asked her to keep their relationship and marriage a ing SECRET!? Are you ashamed of my friend Amber?! Any guy will be proud to call her their girlfriend or wife!”

 

I snapped my head up looking at her and shook my head “I am not ashamed of Krystal! I am proud of her! Very proud... It’s just that I don’t want her to be judge by people around the university… the talk… I don’t want her to be hurt, be called names she doesn't deserve.”

 

She snorted at what I said and asked me “You don’t want her to be judge and hurt or you are afraid to come out?”

 

Sigh… there is a truth in there.

 

“Actually…b-both. I admit I am too afraid and such a coward to come out of the closet because I’m afraid the two of us will be judge. I love her and my plan is to come out after we finish our Doctorate degrees.” it was a lame idea if you will think about it now.

 

“So outside your apartment the two of you are the best of friends in front of your university friends. When you two are inside the comforts of your shared apartment, the two of you are married. Sweet… Did you know you are her first love? The 2 exes back in High School was nothing, it was just a dare from me.”

 

What does she mean with 2 exes?! I didn’t know that!

 

My eyebrows met in a scowl that she laughed at my obvious jealous expression “Ow she didn’t tell you!? Hahaha… it’s okay that was nothing. But still… you ruined her.”

 

“I was such a fool and a jerk to keep her waiting on my birthday. I was on my way home to be with her… really excited to be with her and celebrate my birthday. Then it happened and I swear I am so sorry and guilty especially when I saw all the efforts she made for my birthday. It broke my heart to see her sad and disappointed at me…” Krystal’s sad face back then still haunts me.

 

I promised to make her happy but I was the one who made her sad.

 

“Then you repeated it again… on her special day. Tell me Amber… how is that bestfriend of yours? Is she still alive?? Because if she is, maybe I should help her…” I sighed and took a long gulp of the beer in my hands.

 

“After what happened to me and Krys, I talked to my friend and asked her to stay away from me. She threatened me again that she will kill herself and I told her ‘Just go and do it…I don’t care’. Because Krystal already left me because she had enough of it.”

 

“So that bestfriend of yours is already out of the picture?”

 

I nodded my head while staring on the fire warming us. “Yes… she didn’t bother me again after that. But it was too late… Krystal already gave me the Divorce papers and said goodbye. Going home to Korea... even saying goodbye to my parents. My Ma and Pa love her…”

 

“They still keep in touch with her she said…” I turned my gaze at Luna, surprised about the revelation.

 

I have no idea... . I have been away from home for too long that I don’t know what my parents are doing.

 

Working my off in Mongolia and China was a way for me to punish myself for letting go of a girl so precious to me.

 

“I love her Luna… I know she thinks I don’t love her that much but I do. For 3 years… I willed myself to live without her by my side but… it was torture and suicide.” I started to tear up while drinking my beer. "I will stare at the wide desert of Mongolia... always having the illusion of seeing her walking there, coming to me with a smile on her face..." 

 

“Why didn’t you came back and asked her to be together again? You wasted 3 years sulking?!”

 

“Because I know she hates me… she made me choose and I can’t answer her that time because my mind was in a mess. I should have answered her that she is the one I love and choose but I didn’t. The look on her eyes that night… I can’t forget it.”

 

I saw betrayal and hurt in there. I don’t know why no words came out of my mouth that night… I was so afraid and shooked that night because of my bestfriend’s suicide threat that my mind was in so much mess.

 

“Did you know that... Krystal doesn’t celebrate her birthday anymore after she came back from the U.S.? She love celebrating her birthday and is always excited when it comes… but when she came back, it’s not the same anymore. She told us not to give her surprise parties or celebrate it, she doesn’t want gifts and birthday cake. All she wants is peace…”

 

I wiped the tears streaming down on my face and gulped the remaining beer on the bottle, throwing it on the bonfire. I reached for another one and opened it, drinking it straight.

 

I ruined her… I ruined her life.

 

It hurts to hear that I somewhat ruined a precious memory of hers.

 

“Amber… slow down…”

 

After finishing the beer, I threw the bottle on the bonfire again and let out a sob. I can’t help it anymore and cried my heart out in Luna’s presence.

 

“I didn’t forget her Luna… I may sound like a weirdo but I know what’s happening with her. Her achievements, her work as a professor at the university, I keep tab on her. Her Uncle, Dean Lee occassionally e-mails me telling me about Krystal’s well being. I came clean to him two weeks after Krystal went back to Korea from the U.S., I asked him to keep it a secret and don’t tell his niece that I told him about us.”

 

“Wait… you mean Dean Lee knows that you and his only niece were married?? How come I’m the only one who was left behind?! Sheesh…”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“You better be! My best friend lied to me, kept a very important part of her life to me. You made her happy then you broke her heart. And I want to kill you slowly and torture you right now, do you know that Amber Liu?!”

 

She threw a twig that she picked up from the ground and it bounced on my head. Aawww..!

 

“Stand up! Come on!” she stood up from her seat and went to me. Picking up the collar of my shirt and threw a powerful punch on my face that shook me.

 

Awwww!!! This little human being can punch and it hurts!

 

“That is for making my best friend look stupid…”

 

“Luna wait--- ah!” another punch landed on my face making my head snap to the right.

 

“That is for making her wait for you until dawn on the night of your birthday…” another punch “That is for her being kicked out from your matrimonial room when your of a bestfriend came to stay in your apartment!” PAK! “This one final punch is for you and your lame marriage proposal to my best friend!” AWWW!!!

 

The last punch is powerful I think my lips are bleeding. She dropped the hold on my collar and let me fall on the ground clutching my face.

 

How come she’s this strong?! Is she some kind of a mutant!? I’m really scared of her right now!

 

“Really, AMBER!? Asked her to marry you while having ?! Why…why in the world?!...” I sat on the ground wiping the blood on my lips with the sleeve of my shirt. God, it hurts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter