Samjoko - 9

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Hey Chingus! I'm dropping off a chapter tonight then i'll see you all again tomorrow! ;D

We're going to reveal the story of the 2 Princesses little by little so please be patient :)

Thank you to all our subscribers and those who upvoted the story. Thank you for being patient when i drop updates late at night hehehe so now i'm going to drop it much earlier because i know some of you are students and some has work in the morning. 

Love you guys! Peace Yow!

Note: 

Gongzhu = Pinyin / Chinese Princess

Gongju = Hangul / Goguryeo Princess

 

--------

CHAPTER 9

 

 

“Run!”

 

I opened my eyes and the darkness of the forest welcomed me. Mist surrounding the air…

 

I look down and saw the dagger that we unearthed this afternoon, my right hand clenching the handle tightly.

 

“Run! Gongjunim run!” my legs with a mind of its own run on the dark path of the forest. I don’t know where I am heading… it’s like my legs is bringing me somewhere…

 

Or maybe I am seeing all of it in my point of view…

 

Someone was running behind me shouting that I keep running. I stumbled upon a fallen branch of a tree and rolled on the ground.

 

My feet… I think I sprained it… it hurts…

 

I noticed the clothes I am wearing… why am I wearing a male servants’ clothes?

 

“Gongzhu! Please go and hide yourself with the Gongju Mama! Let me take care of the soldiers!" I sat in the ground clutching my hurting ankle and turned my head around to the person coming before me in a hurry.

 

I can’t see the face of the person the body build is something I have seen before. The person towered over me and kneeled on the ground checking my hurting ankle.

 

“We don’t have time to treat this now Gongjunim… can you stand up with your other feet?” the voice…. I know that voice. But why can’t I see the face of this person?

 

“Gongzhu! Quickly! Carry the Gongju Mama on your back and run! Don’t look back!” it was a voice of a man booming in the forest, metal being hit to metal… are they having a sword fight?

 

The person quickly scooped me on the ground to stand up with my other feet and latched my arms on its neck carrying me in a piggy back. Once the person has secured me on its back and its hold, we started to run again in the dark forest with the Moon illuminating our path.

 

The person carrying me kept on running and we can hear horse feet thundering on the ground. I felt a sense of panic in my chest and started to cry.

 

“Gongjunim… do not cry. I promised you that we will reach Baekje together, I will not disappoint you.”

 

We stopped in a tree, the person panting because of exhaustion. The tree…

 

It looks like the tree were we found the dagger! A big tree with huge roots, enough for a person to crawl and use it as a cover. We settled there and lay down on the ground, the person gathered some fallen leaves and stems then placed it over our bodies as camouflage.

 

“Gongjunim….” the voice… its a girl’s voice!

 

Am I dreaming about the past?!

 

“Whatever happens… keep the dagger. Do not let it part with you…”

 

We heard the thundering of feets and horses neeing. I felt that I stopped breathing while hiding to the persons running after us. I clenched the dagger tightly in my right hand while my left hand clenched tightly on her hands.

 

I heard them wondering where we are and where we could have possibly go. Holding your breath is not an easy task.

 

“The Princesses went on this way but where could they have gone?”

 

“We only need the Gongju Mama, the Gongzhu we give to the Tang forces waiting at the border. Remember, do not hurt the Gongzhu. Do not hurt Emperor’s daughter! That is an order!”

 

“How about Gongju Mama? What are we going to do about her when we capture her?”

 

“The General said bring her back alive to the Palace and he will be the one to give the verdict on her.”

 

“But she’s just a young girl… she doesn’t deserve to die. It’s not her fault her father is the King!”

 

“We only follow orders from the General, our life depends on him. Hurry! Look for them! Maybe they went to the way of the meadows! Hiyah!”

 

All the while my heart was beating so fast while listening to the conversations of those men looking for us. The two of us lay still on the ground with mountain of leaves covering us, waiting for them to finally disappear.

 

“Gongjunim… I promise you, I won’t allow them to bring you back in the Palace. Even if it means that I have to die a painful death… I will never allow them to hurt you…”

 

Her voice… it’s really familiar… like I already heard it before.

 

I closed my eyes and felt the world around me swirl in motions making me dizzy.

 

 

 

“...I will never allow them to hurt you….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Krys! Wake up! Krystal!” I opened my eyes and saw Amber looking at me while patting my cheeks, her face full of worry.

 

“Am….”

 

I rose from my sleeping bag, panting hard and sweating. Amber was wiping the sweat on my forehead with her hand as I cling on her arms still not believing I just dreamed of.

 

It feels so true! The running, the fall, the pain in my ankle…

 

“Krystal… honey… are you okay?!”

 

“Am…. my ankle…”

 

“What!? What about your ankle!?” she ped my sleeping bag and pulled my legs out to check on my ankle in a hurry. I checked it too and wonder… why did I feel the pain when I stumbled in my dreams?

 

But now Amber checking my ankle carefully holding it, I don’t feel any pain! Is it really just a dream?

 

“It was hurting Am… I stumbled… I felt it! I had a sprain! Someone was following us!” she carefully placed my feet down on the bag and held me close to her. I really felt it!

 

“It was real…”

 

“Sssshhhh…. calm down Krys, it’s just a dream… it’s just a dream Honey…” I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly then turned to face her holding her hands.

 

“You’ll probably won’t believe me Am… but I dreamt of the dagger and the Princesses… the location in the forest… it was a big tree with huge roots. I was in the shoes of the Goguryeo Princess and some people were running after us… the other Princess… her face was blurred and it was dark…” I dropped her hands and brush my hair back with 2 hands trying to understand my dream.

 

Is it possible? Is it just a dream or it really happened long ago?

 

Gongzhu….. her Gongjunim… our Goguryeo Princess.

 

“Hey… come here…” she pulled me on her lap cradling me to calm down. Amber was my back gently and soothingly that my breath regulated and returned to normal. I can’t believe it… is it a sign?

 

A sign that we are near in discovering where they are?

 

But… it was just a dagger… we need a whole lot more.

 

“Krys…. are you okay now?”

 

“Am… the dream… it was really vivid.” I looked up from her chest and stared at her “I don’t know why but I felt all of it.” she was staring at me, her face in a worry.

 

“Did you touch the dagger earlier?”

 

“I did, you touched it too… Luna did too.”

 

“We did with gloves…” I tried to remember what I was doing earlier and remembered touching the dagger again before we went to our tent to sleep.

 

“I did touched it with gloves, remember? When we placed it on the tray… but I remember touching it too before going out of the command center. There was this voice playing in my head that I hold the dagger… am I going crazy?!” I asks her teary eyed.

 

It’s true! I really heard a voice in my head telling me to hold the dagger. The voice….

 

It was the same voice in my dream telling me to run. The Gongzhu…

 

“Sssshhh…. you are not going crazy. Although I prefer it more if you go crazy because of me…” I snorted at what she said and slap her cheeks lightly making her smile.

 

“Well… I was crazy enough to marry you.”

 

“I know, that’s why I love you..” Damn this Llama.

 

“Hahaha…” and I’m still crazy in love with you Stupid.

 

She patted my lightly like a kid trying to put to sleep. I chuckled at her action and “Yah! Rule # 2…”

 

“Fine, ehem… Professor Jung can I please have your permission to at least pat your to sleep?”

 

“I’m still thinking…... okay, proceed.”

 

“That was fast… can I also add groping?!” I rose from her chest and smack her head playfully before rolling over in my sleeping bag.

 

“I already let you pat my ! Then you want to add groping too?! I can’t believe you Professor Liu.” she laughed softly with what I said and lay down beside me inside my sleeping bag. I tried to push her back on her side but she’s strong.

 

“Amber! Go back to your side.”

 

“Krys… can’t we just sleep together without those rules?! We are still married--”

 

"NO."

 

"YAH! I am Professor Amber Liu, Historian of East Asian Studies, Art History and Archaeology with a PhD in Chinese HIstory and Archaeology at Princeton University! You should obey me!" 

 

“Who’s calling the shots?” I raised my eyebrow at her and she sighed.

 

She pouted at me but nodded and rolled on her side. She zipped up my sleeping bag then pinched my nose shaking her head. “Of course, you.”

 

“Good Llama…” I smiled at her and patted her cheeks. I’m sorry Amber, but you have to earn that privilege first. Last night was just a bonus for you to be motivated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Vic, you won’t believe this… but I dreamt of them.” Vic and I were together inside the command center staring at the dagger before us.

 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter