Samjoko - 12

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Dropping off an update for today and maybe see you tomorrow or by Tuesday? We'll see... :D

Have you all been liking the historical stuffs? If yes, i'm glad. If not, hehe i'm glad too. :D

Someone took a wild guess about Amber's back pains... you are good buddy hehehe :D

I planned this story to just have 20 chapters so please stay with me till it ends. Thank you very much to all the members who subscribed and to those who upvoted the story. Happy to serve you all guys!

Peace yow! :D

-------

 

 

CHAPTER 12

 

Amber’s POV

 

When Krys told me her dream before, I halfheartedly believed her. For me it was just her mind playing tricks, her imagination is really active sometimes especially when she overthinks.

 

The second time it happened, that’s when I really believed her. I only dismissed it this morning and took it lightly because I don’t want her to conclude immediately with just a couple of dreams.

 

But what happened right now is baffling me.

 

I know what’s running on her mind when she mumbled that she wants to sleep. She wants to dream again… hoping that in her dreams she will be visited with a vision. And it did happen.

 

I’m not really surprise that she fell asleep quickly in my lap because sleeping is not a problem for her. She can lean her back on a chair and she’ll fall asleep immediately, even on trains and buses.

 

The dreams comes to her at night, but the dream she just had right this moment is like what she said to me earlier this morning. Vivid and true. It looks true from her Point of View and the words uttered to her by the Princesses in the dream was so creepy the hairs at the back of my neck raised.

 

Those Princesses wants to be discovered… they want us to find their bodies and pray for them?

 

But where are they?

 

The dreams started when Krys touched the dagger with her bare hands. Is the dagger somewhat cursed or has a connection about the past?

 

I didn’t tell her… but I also touched the dagger with my bare hands. Like what she had, there was also a voice telling me to pick it up and grip it hard.

 

The pain I’ve been feeling in my back started on the first night I stayed in the camp. I thought it was just muscle pain cause by lying on the ground with our sleeping bag. I thought a little stretching is enough and some pain reliever. We even almost made a Home Run but because the pain made me uncomfortable and Krys told me it’s enough, we stopped and settled on making out.

 

The pain intensified after touching that dagger. Even though I don’t want to admit it but she’s right. The pain I’ve been feeling in my back makes my performance in bed a little bit off. The medicine patches and massage she did last night was soothing but I know it won’t last.

 

Vic and I were left inside the command center while Krys and Luna went outside to organize the kids. We decided to continue the search first thing in the morning tomorrow because we are still waiting for the data being analyze by the researchers.

 

The names ‘Mura’ and ‘Yiyun’ is also being analyze too checking if there are really persons named like them in the history. If the letters sent by the Gongzhu to the Emperor back then mentions just one name, that will be our lead.

 

“Vic… I’m having mix emotions about all these things…”

 

My cousin sighed and played with the pen on her hands twisting it. “I didn’t know this research will be like this. Although I admit, this is something exciting especially that Krys seems to dream about what happened before.”

 

“She doesn’t have psychic abilities, but she’s having this phenomenon just by touching that dagger. Could it be that the dagger is cursed?”

 

She shook her head while looking at me “I have a feeling it is not cursed… but it holds memories that will help us find where they are buried. If we will follow your wife’s dream, it means the 2 Princesses lived a normal life acting as a married couple. The Gongzhu disguised herself as a man and lived at the heart of the forest so no one can disturb them.”

 

It means the purpose of them running away is not just because the Gongzhu wants to save the Gongju’s life… it was also because they really planned to runaway together and settle in another land where no one will know them.

 

Victoria’s cellphone rang and she picked it up. It was one of the researchers in the lab, Vic was talking to them in Chinese and I just sat there listening on Vic asking about the progress.  

 

After saying goodbye, Vic looked at me with excitement in her eyes “Amber, they e-mailed another copy of the Gongzhu’s letter to the Emperor. Open it!” I obediently followed her order and opened the e-mail, downloading the scanned copy of the ancient scroll.

 

I opened the downloaded file and the scanned copy showed on the screen. Being trained and knowledgeable in ancient Chinese writings, I carefully read the letter with my eyebrows meeting at the middle.

 

“Amber, the researchers said this is the last of the scrolls they have analyzed. This was the last letter of the Gongzhu to her father the Emperor before she disappeared with the Gongju…” I nodded at Vic understanding what she said while my eyes were busy reading it.

 

I read it loud for Vic to hear “Father, with deep affection I give my thanks for understanding my desire to bring the Gongju in our Kingdom. I have heard that the forces of the General is planning to attack the Palace at the next full moon. I intend to leave the Palace with my guard bringing with me the Gongju. I don’t want her to be hurt, my heart will be broken into pieces if she meets a painful death from the forces of Yeon Gaesomun… she may be the daughter of the King to his concubine, but I still prefer to call her Mura Gongju than Mura Ongju…”I stopped reading when I felt a hand rested on my shoulders and a familiar scent fills my nostrils. Ahh… it’s my wife.

(Gongju - Title given to a Princess that is an offspring by the King to his Queen Consort.)

(Ongju - Title given to a Princess that is an offspring by the King to his Concubine or Lady Consort)

“Go on Am… I’m listening..” she sat on the folding chair behind me and wrapped her arms on my neck from the back while her chin rests on my right shoulder.

 

I gave her a quick peck on her cheeks and continued on reading “My Lady in-waiting here in the Palace always corrects me when I make a mistake in front of the Hwanghu (Queen Consort). Father… please do not forget the favor I am asking from you. The escorts we need should be stationed near the Palace back door and the 2 of us will escape through that route wearing manservant's clothes as disguise. We will be out of the Palace even before the slaughter starts. I have asked and paid a Gisaeng that serves the great General to get information on what time they will attack the Palace and she informed me that it will be before midnight. I trust her and she is a loyal acquaintance, willing to help me and the Gongju in our escape. Father, my heart hopes that you fulfill my wish as one of your obedient daughters willing to do everything for our Kingdom. Your loyal subject and daughter….” my eyes went wide in the name written on it.

 

The other letters sent to the Emperor only has a code name, He Lian. It means ‘Lotus’ the flower of the sixth month and summer. This last letter was signed by the Gongzhu herself with her own name and her stamp.

 

“Yiyun…” the 3 of us muttered in unison. Vic and I looked at each other, surprise and wonder written in our eyes.

 

This only means one thing… Krystal’s dreams are true.

 

We were silent for a while, still in awe of what we just read.

 

Why do I feel that their plan got busted?

 

Krys cleared and mumbled “Wow…”

 

“I know honey… wow.”

 

I sent the copy of the scroll to our iPad for storage purposes and in case we need it on the field. Krys stood up from her seat and started walking around the tent holding the back scratcher spinning it on her fingers. Her mind is working again, I know.

 

I took the map of the Ancient Kingdom and taped it on one of the white boards we use when we list up possible situations and evidences. Staring at it, my mind formulated another hypothesis about the 2 runaway Princesses Mura and Yiyun.

 

“Am… are you thinking of what I’m thinking too?” she asks me while facing back and forth slowly, like counting her steps.

 

Vic was watching her pace amused at what my wife is doing. She then crossed her legs and spoke “A possibility that the 2 Princesses planned to escape and go to Tang.”

 

Krystal was pacing while speaking “Based on the letter, the original plan was to escape the Palace hours before the killing of Yeon Gaesomun’s troops started. The Gongzhu asked her father the Emperor for back up and guards to meet them, to them back to Tang…”

 

I watch her walk slowly, stopping in front of me staring. I know she’s waiting for me to continue and I did. “But the plan they have changed on the day of their escape… someone might have leaked about their relationship or their plan to escape the Palace. That is why they were being pursued by the soldiers. Instead of meeting the Tang guards she asked from the Emperor, Mura and Yiyun changed their course and went to Baekje with some of their trusted bodyguards.”

 

“When Yiyun found out about the Emperor’s deal with Yeon Gaesomun about bringing her to the border alone and leave Mura, she decided to leave everything just to save her and to be with her. They hid here in the forest and settled, eventually acting like a couple. Yiyun pretended to be a man so the people who will look for them will be deceived. The 2 of them lived happily until their death…”

 

Krystal went in front of the map touching the part where Baekje is, staring at it. “But Am… why do I feel that there is something about the way they asked me to find them… and pray for them?? In my dream, they were both smiling at me but I can see sadness from their eyes. Does it mean their souls need proper burial prayers?”

 

She turned to me and we stared at each other, reading what’s on our minds. “What if.. they did lived happily together but one day, they were discovered by the soldiers looking for them and tried to hurt them…”

 

“Then they ran in the forest to hide again but this time they are unlucky… the soldiers caught them and eventually….” Krystal’s voice became a whisper after saying it. I nodded at her and finished her sentence.

 

“Eventually killed by the soldiers and threw their bodies somewhere or buried them around the vicinity where we unearthed the dagger. There’s a possibility that either one of them tried to fight but was unsuccessful.” Krys and I was still staring at each other when Victoria suddenly chuckled breaking the trance we are in.

 

“Now I know why the 2 of you are perfect for each other. Your minds are connected, you two finish each others’ sentences! Tsk tsk tsk… this love is hard to find.” Krys giggled at what Vic said and slapped my cheeks lightly with the back scratcher.

 

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my back that I gasp in surprise holding it. Krys quickly held my shoulders supporting my body and led me to the nearest folding chair to sit down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter