Samjoko - 19

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Dropping off the update for today! Before I go crazy on hunting where Krystal is hehehe...

Did you all like the last update? Yeah I cried too, sometimes not all stories ends with "..And they live happily ever after.."

*Smirk* 

Thank you to all oour subscribers and to those who left messages and comments thank you guys! This story has been a challenge for me :D

Here you go!

----------

 

CHAPTER 19

 

“All hail Professor Krystal Jung… the Goddess has emerged from her cave!”

 

I threw a cold glare and pout to my best friend who was standing beside Seo Ju-hyun in the dining table. Amber was laughing quietly beside me while zipping our tent.

 

Only Wendy was there and Victoria happily sipping her tea at 10:00 am. Thank GOD!  

 

“Yah! You and your big mouth!”

 

“So… let me see you walk~…”

 

Seriously?!

 

“PARK SUNYOUNG!!!! YOU SH--!”

 

“Ah ah.. student spotted~..” she pointed at Wendy who was covering obviously laughing. I pouted at her and sent a flying middle finger on her direction that she caught and swallowed playfully.

 

Wendy… tsk tsk tsk… forgive Professor Jung. This student of mine already saw me in my best and worst self, she deserves a good grade once we come back in Seoul.  

 

Victoria and Wendy was laughing loudly when they heard Luna tease me. I will roast a Hobbit later in the evening!

 

My eyes consciously darted to Seo Ju-hyun and I saw her quietly eating a bread with a small smile on her face while looking at us. I remembered the dream and asked myself… can I trust her?

 

Not that easy Krystal, not that easy.

 

Amber draped her arm around me and pulled me closer to her while we walk to the table. She smiled at me warmly and whispered “Aren’t you still used to your best friend being like that?!”

 

“I’m already immune to Luna’s jokes so it’s no biggie..” I winked at her cutely wiping the invisible dirt at the side of her lips.

 

I just love touching her that’s why haha.

 

“Hey Krys, Ber… have a seat and Jae Suk will serve the food.” Vic told us waving her hand lazily. We took the seat across Wendy while Jae Suk served our hearty breakfast of Congee and some Kimchi. “The kids are already at the site with Jonghyun, I told them to take photos and continue on digging... Who knows, we might find another artifact or remains.”

 

“I’m sure we will find another one Vic…” Luna said while biting her nails. She looks bright but lacking on something.

 

Perhaps… sleep?

 

She has those black rings under her eyes that she forgot to mask with her favorite concealer. Hmmm… strange.

 

“I already called the Historical and Culture Commission Krys, they will send a representative here to retrieve the remains we discovered and be brought to the laboratory for analyzing. Looks like our expedition will end early.” Vic raised her tea cup indicating a toast. Amber placed the cup of coffee in my hand and all of us raised our cups “A toast.. for the success of our expedition and for the reconciliation of the Liu couple. Cheers!” we all clinked our cups with happy smile on our faces.

 

When it was Seo Ju-hyun and I’s turn to clink our cups, it kinda felt awkward. We were just looking at each other with the cups raised midway in the air. She has this shy look on her face and biting her lips. Amber’s hand rested on my thigh under the table as form of support, I saw Luna nudge Seo Ju-hyun’s shoulder mumbling something.

 

She cleared and let out a shy smile. What’s bugging me is… her smile was sincere.

 

“Ahh… C-congratulations to b-both of y-you…” she was the one who clinked her cup on mine and pulled it back shyly.

 

What was that?!

 

Yesterday she was ballistic, this morning she suddenly became shy and sincere. Maybe she took her medicine this morning or the roasted Goguma she’s eating now is doing wonders in her hormones. I heard pregnant women are hard to understand when it comes to their hormones.

 

Oh my… what more if I’m already pregnant?! My hormones will be a big mess for sure…

 

Pregnant… somehow I felt a sense of envy.

 

I felt a gentle squeeze on my thigh and it was Amber giving me a smile and a peck on my cheek before taking a sip of coffee from my cup that until now is in my hold.

 

Am I able to conceive our own child or we’ll just live together without? Raising a child is hard nowadays, especially with our line of work. Uncle has difficulties before because of his time consuming job in the university and at the same time going out to the field.

 

But I’m 27 now… turning 28. Even though I don’t voice it out, I also want to have a little version of Amber running around the grass.

 

A baby of course! A little baby Llama playing with his Llama Appa. Back then we already discussed in passing about kids but it was never really that serious.

 

Planning and having a baby will be time consuming and at the same time stressful. With the test, laboratory exams, medicines we need to take. Yes, majority of those couples who goes through IVF has some success. But its still scary and heart breaking when you try and in the end it’s a fail.

 

I watch Seo Ju-hyun discreetly, with how she talks with Luna and listens to what my best friend will say.

 

After the dream last night, the hate I am feeling towards her went down on a lower level. Especially knowing that she was my sister in my past life.

 

Maybe that’s why we felt the tremendous hate toward each other back then in Princeton. Because our souls are connected in some way…

 

I continued eating my congee at the same time picking on my Kimchi when Seo Ju-hyun cleared and called my name softly.

 

“Krystal…”

 

I looked up from my food and stared at her blankly waiting for whatever she will say. She turned briefly to Luna then to me again before she spoke in a soft voice.

 

“I…I just want to… I just want to say that I’m sorry.” she was looking at me and at Amber, too her eyes showing sincerity “Please forgive me if I did a very bad and embarrassing act of wreaking havoc in your marriage. I know sorry isn’t enough and I already regretted everything.” she clasped her hands on the table looking at us.

 

Amber and I looked at each other, astonish on the sudden declaration coming from Seo Ju-hyun. I don’t know what to say… really.

 

I was actually looking forward yesterday for a battle between us, hair pulling and maybe some slapping.

 

After my dream last night, my mood changed.

 

I don’t even see her as a threat this morning. I know it’s strange…

 

What should I answer her?

 

I took a sip of my coffee digesting the words I will say to her. Should I say ‘How dare you say sorry after ruining our marriage?’ or ‘ better back out Amber is mine and only mine!’ with wide scary eyes.

 

Nah. That won’t do. I will look so pathetic if I do that and besides, I’m an educated person.

 

Here it goes. “You know it won’t be easy to forgive whatever you have done to us, Ju-hyun. I was really hurt…” Amber intertwined our fingers under the table resting on her lap. I sighed while looking at Ju-hyun who has her head looking down on the table.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter