Samjoko - 17

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hehehe... hey chingus! Second update for all of you for today. 

I read all your comments and I love all your suspicions. Don't worry... *Evil smirk*...

Ready to know who is she... or he...... maybe?

Thank you to all our subscribers and i'll see you all tomorrow guys! Love yah! 

Peace Yow! 

-------------

 

 

CHAPTER 17

 

 

I was in the kitchen with Ju-hyun helping on preparing the dinner with Jae Suk when I felt a tap on my shoulders coming from a pretty heavy hand.

 

Turning around, my eyebrows raised and blood boiled when I saw who it is. Aissshhh! What does he want?!

 

Jonghyun was grinning at me with a smile on his face that I want to wipe in an instant. He was scratching his nape and was going to speak when I beat him to it.

 

“What do you want!”

 

“Ummm… Luna… I… can we talk? This is important…” I saw his eyes taking a glance at Ju-hyun who was helping Jae Suk on peeling the potatoes.

 

I saw it… that glance has a meaning. I am Luna Park Sunyoung, nothing escapes my eyes and ears.

 

The way he glance at Ju-hyun meant that he doesn’t want the girl to hear what we are going to talk about.

 

What are you hiding Jonghyun?

 

“Sure.” I smiled at him and dropped what I am doing. He went out first and waited outside the make shift kitchen as I called on Jae Suk and Ju-hyun that I’m just going out to get something.

 

Looking around the camp site, my eyes caught sight of the Liu couple sitting on a log in front of the bonfire. They were hanging out with the kids and Victoria who was laughing non-stop clutching her stomach on whatever Taeyong innocently said again I bet.

 

What place is the safest for us to talk? Hmmm…

 

Not on my tent he might suddenly take advantage of me. I know him, when it comes to girls he’ll definitely find his way to bed you after. That’s why I warned Wendy earlier not to give in to Jonghyun’s dimples and gentlemanly gestures. Huh!

 

Not in the woods because that will be utterly dangerous. No one can see us if he makes a move at me too.

 

I saw the wide entrance of the command center and the light bulb inside my head lit up. Yes… the command center. This is the safest place especially that we installed a CCTV here to guard the sword we have unearthed.

 

“Let’s have a stroll in the forest Luna--”

 

“No, let’s go to the command center. I don’t have any desire of being mushy with you under the moonlight. Follow me.” I snorted at him and flipped my hair. I knew it! You never really changed Jonghyun!

 

“O-okay…” he said scratching his nape and followed behind me going to the tent.

 

I sat on my folding chair and pointed at the other one across the table commanding him to sit. I crossed my arms and stared at him intently while he smiled at me and leaned his arms on the table.

 

Smile, check. Eye contact, check. Dimples, check. Arms leaning on the table flexing it, check.

 

Jonghyun Liu, you hoe. I know what you are doing.

 

I’m not stupid to fall for that again, jerk.

 

“Hey… ummm… how are you?” really, jerk?

 

Asking me that question after 6 months that I caught you cheating on me?!

 

I snorted at him and smiled sweetly “Wow… that’s so sweet of you Jonghyun. Well, I’m fine, thank you. Never been better and stronger, wiser too after you. Now cut the crap and tell me what you really want?!”

 

He brushed his hair back with his fingers, his mood changing from a smiling face to a frustrated one. Noticing the sudden change on his expression, I can’t help but feel suspicious about it.  

 

“Luna, I’m just here to warn you. Don’t get too close with Ju-hyun… she’s a walking time bomb that is bound to blow up if triggered. Don’t believe in whatever she will tell you, trust me… I know her since she and Amber became friends.”

 

Staring at him intently, I let out a snort again annoyed at his stupidity. I’m not some kind of a fool to believe immediately. Seo Ju-hyun’s story is believable and like a story from a TV drama, I’m still verifying everything and has her under my watchful eye.

 

Somehow my heart and mind is telling me to believe Seo Ju-hyun but its still early. Like what Jonghyun said, she’s a ticking time bomb waiting to be triggered.

 

“Jonghyun, I’m not stupid.”

 

“I know Luna! You’re a smart and intelligent person and you don’t easily believe in things without proofs.” well… I believed in you so I’m a bit stupid too. “She seduced me until I was drunk, I woke up in a hotel beside her with no recollection of what happened. Then after one week, she called me blackmailing me that she is pregnant and she will tell my parents about it if I don’t bring her here in this expedition. She used me Luna, she wants to be close with Amber again.” now I’m really suspicious.

 

I’m not even asking but here he is narrating in detail his own version of the story with feelings.

 

Eyebrows scrunched, jaws clenching, eyes showing emotions, tongue spewing lies?

 

“Really? She told you she is pregnant?” I let out my actress Luna self and tries to bait him to tell more things. I saw that look in his eyes that means success and nodded eagerly.

 

“Yes, she showed me her pregnancy test telling me she’s pregnant and it was my fault. That she will tell my parents that I forced her to have with her and knocked her up. That’s why I have no choice but to bring her here and give in to her blackmailing. She’s a cunning manipulator Luna, don’t be deceive by her innocent looks and sweet smile.”

 

I nodded at him and even made a worried look “Is it true that she’s pregnant? Do you believe her?”

 

He covered his face with his palms looking helpless “I think so Luna, I didn’t use protection. I was so drunk that night that I don’t remember anything.”

 

Fool.

 

You think so and you are sure you didn’t use protection… but you don’t remember everything. Tsk tsk tsk…

 

“I’m afraid she’ll wreck havoc again on Krystal and Amber’s relationship. Especially now that Krystal finally forgave my sister… I don’t want the two of them to get hurt…”

 

Get hurt… why would anyone get hurt? What can a girl like Seo Ju-hyun do to hurt my friends?

 

“I bet she told you that I forced her but it’s not true. She is a liar Luna, don’t be fooled by her.” I’m not fooled by her Jonghyun and definitely I won’t be fooled by you.

 

One last thing Jonghyun…

 

“Thanks Jonghyun, you’re a good brother in-law to Krystal. With Seo Ju-hyun back I bet she will do everything just to get Amber. Amber and Krystal told me after this expedition, your sister will be staying here in Korea for good and they will be living together again as a married couple. Good thing Krys already moved into a new apartment unit 5 months ago…” I told him with a smile on my face looking grateful at him.

 

I saw that familiar flash in his eyes when I mentioned it. He smiled and answered me eagerly “Then that’s great! Her new apartment is quite big now than the previous one. She said its a 2 bedroom near Seoul National University so its convenient for her.”

 

This conversation is over. I got what I want from you Jonghyun.

 

One is lying and one is saying the truth.

 

If my guess is correct, then its high time I give them my revenge.

 

 

 

---------

 

 

At dinnertime, I discreetly watch Jonghyun and Ju-hyun while they interact with each other. Now I know why you are casted in plays with good characters Jonghyun. He was acting like a devoted boyfriend to Ju-hyun and I can see the confusion and wonder in Ju-hyun’s eyes but she just shrugged it off. I remembered what she told me earlier about Jonghyun.

 

“Jonghyun is a nice guy and I trust him that’s why when he told me he will help me get the forgiveness I want from Amber. He also mentioned that Krystal was also in the expedition that’s why without thinking twice I joined him… with the hopes of getting things right.”

 

“He’s particularly close to C and Scottie, they are friends and they hang out before. But the two of us are really not that close... i don't even interact with him before when we were still young.”

 

These two… they baffle me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After dinner, all of us gathered around the bonfire to relax and to digest the food we ate before sleeping. The kids brought out their guitar and started singing with Ju-hyun joining them. She actually has a beautiful voice.

 

Oh my God Luna! ARE YOU TURNING GAY NOW?!

 

Vic and I were sitting in our folding chairs just across the Liu couple who were too busy in their own world again.

 

Tsk tsk tsk… I have a feeling someone’s gonna have a Home run tonight ahehehehehehe…

 

“Luna, do you see what I see?” Vic asked me in a sing song voice that only I can hear. We took a sip of the red wine that she brought along to this trip while watching the couple play with each other’s face and... nose.

 

“I do see it Vic. Looks like the ring is already back on its proper and rightful place.” we smiled at each other happy that Krystal finally decided to take Amber again and wear her ring proudly.

 

My eyes darted to Ju-hyun and I saw her looking at Amber and Krystal. Her eyes were sad but I saw her let out a happy smile for both of them and turned her attention to Haechan who was calling her, forgetting the couple.

 

Why do I see sincerity on her eyes even though she was sad seeing the 2 happy?

 

“Vic… Ju-hyun talked to me earlier and asked for my help to arrange a talk between her and Krystal.” she took a sip of her wine and nodded at me.

 

“She did too, with me. Ju-hyun apologized to me for all the things she did, even remembering our silly fight before when we were still teens. I don’t know who to believe anymore Luna… Jjong talked to me too and told me about the story on why he brought Ju-hyun here. But somehow I felt there is something wrong…”

 

I sighed and looked at her raising my eyebrow as agreeing to what she said. She continued “One is obviously lying and one is saying the truth.”

 

My gaze landed on Jonghyun and saw him staring intently at something.

 

Or someone…

 

I followed his line of sight and my suspicions grew even more.

 

He was chugging his beer while watching his sister and sister in-law being mushy and all. Krys was planting kisses on Amber’s forehead like her lips is a stamp. Obviously the Llama is liking it based on the blissful smile on her face. I saw how Jonghyun’s face darkens when Amber took Krystal’s hand on her lips and kissed it tenderly while they look at each other.

 

It was a cheesy and mushy scene to watch and I can’t take it anymore but what I’m wondering about is why he looks so… mad? Jealous?

 

If my suspicions are true… then this is dangerous.

 

“Vic.. how well do you know Jonghyun?”

 

“I’ve known him since we were kids of course! We’re cousins! He was a sweet and happy go lucky kid, although he suffered depression and trauma when his Mom died in a car accident…” I turned around to face Vic with a confused look on my face.

 

“Wait… their Mom is still alive. Krys said her in-laws are in Beverly Hills…”

 

“Auntie is Uncle’s second wife. They got married a year after Jonghyun’s mother died and Amber was conceived months after. Amber was the baby of the family and gave her everything that life offers. Uncle loves her very much...” wait… I still don’t understand this…

 

“What exactly happened Vic?”

 

She sighed and took a sip of her wine again before telling me the story “I only heard the story from my Mom and I was still young then too. But over the years Mom will always recall it…” she turned to me and smirked “Jjong was having tantrums that time because he wants to go to the mall. Uncle already told him it’s not possible because it’s raining hard outside and the road is slippery. He was just 8 back then, I think. Because of his stubbornness, he left the house alone and ran away thinking he can reach the mall just by walking. It was already raining hard when Auntie noticed he wasn’t in his room that’s why she took the car ignoring Uncle’s advise that the helpers can go after him. Auntie was also stubborn and she’s pregnant too with their second child, Jjong’s sibling. Long story short, Auntie found him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter