Samjoko - 16

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! I would like to apologize for the delay, i had some problems with my internet connection that's why the update was delayed for a few hours. 

Anyways, thank you for your patience chingus and for your comments that i love reading. Happy to read all of it!

Who's saying the truth? 

Who's the snake?

Hmmm....

--------- 

 

CHAPTER 16

 

Luna’s POV

 

The meeting lasted for an hour with Krys and Amber explaining to us what site we should dig first. The first site was the big tree where the dagger was found, the second one is the other big tree where Amber and Krys always sit to take a rest.

 

Based on the results of the GPR, there was still something buried around the first tree. It was long and thin shaped. While on the second tree there was something creepy about the shape that the GPR scanned under.

 

The depth based on the calculations is around 4 feet under the ground, the length of the object is more than 5 feet. It was buried right on the spot where we found Amber and Krys getting mushy the other day saying their cheesy wedding vow that made me smile and at the same time gag. Sorry… I’m not a cheesy person eewww.

 

I suggested to divide the team so we can work simultaneously on the sites to save time. Victoria gave me the authority to arrange it so with the help of Wendy as my assistant, she read the names of the individuals who will be working as a team to dig the suspected artifactss and grave site.

 

The first team is composed of Mark, Haechan, Wendy, and me. The second team is the couple, Amber and Krystal plus Taeyong and Jaehyun. Vic’s butler, Jae Suk will be the one in charge of the food together with Ju-hyun since she can’t do any heavy work and she’s not much help in the field if ever. Well she gladly accepted it and she look so happy to help Jae Suk so its okay.

 

Jonghyun? Since he is Victoria’s assistant he’ll be our runner and will do everything we ask of him.

 

With all teams announced, we adjourned the meeting and headed out to our tents to prepare. I was inside the tent checking my tool box when Ju-hyun entered and called me.

 

“Umm… Professor Park? Can I have a word with you?” she was fidgeting in her place looking shy. I nodded at her and gave a small smile, an indication that its okay. She already behaved when I pulled her earlier for a short pep talk aka threatening.

 

“Sure… What’s the matter?” she sat on the ground in front of me looking down at her hands. I can sense shyness and nervousness from her.

 

Sigh. Even though she looks like an Angel, I still have to stand on guard. Maybe the best weapon is to know what’s on her mind so I can prevent any bad things from happening.

 

“You can talk Seo Ju-hyun… I may have threatened you not to touch my friends but I assure you I’m a kind person. I just don’t want the people I love to suffer again.” she nodded at me and gave me a sad smile.

 

Brushing her short hair back with her fingers, she sighed and looked at me shyly “Is it okay to ask you for help? I… I want to talk to Krystal personally but I know she’s still mad at me.”

 

Hmmm…. Seo Ju-hyun… what’s going on inside your mind?

 

“Why do you want to talk to her? You want to mock her again?” she shook her head looking apologetic.

 

“I want to straight things out with her… what happened earlier, it was uncalled for. I admit I had an outburst and that was so stupid of me to start. Maybe because it’s been so long that I haven’t saw Amber, I miss Amber you know.” my eyebrow raised on what she said earning a snicker from her. “I just miss her but not planning to snatch her away. I already learned my lesson…”

 

I can’t trust her words that easily. She has to prove it first not just by words but also by action.

 

“Let me ask you a question, Seo Ju-hyun… why do you hate Krystal?”

 

She scooted beside me and played with her hands before speaking again in a low but clear voice.

 

“It’s not hate… I’m jealous of her. Jealous because she got Amber’s attention and heart in just a short time while I…” she blew air from pouting “I’ve been crushing on Amber since we were 12, we became friends when she defended me on those bullies at school. I was a transferee then newly arrived from Korea, Asian that’s why kids were picking at me. No one wants to be friends with the Asian nerd kid. It was Amber who befriended me and included me in their group…”  

 

“Then why are you so y?!” she pouted like a puppy and promise,she’s so cute!

 

Okay Luna, control yourself and don’t be so sure.

 

“You know…. I asked myself that question when I was inside the facility. The Psychologist asked me too why I acted like a lunatic and a all this time. I tried to recall all the things in my life and the reasons why… my depression is because of my parents. The fights they kept on having when I was a kid until they decided to have a divorce when I was 15. That lead to my first suicide attempt by hurting myself…” she pulled down the bracelet she was wearing on her left wrist and showed me the evidence of her depression.

 

Looks like this girl has a lot of issues in her life before…

 

She smiled sadly at me recalling the memory “Do you know who saved me from being dead? Amber…” she shook her head smiling. “After slicing myself, I felt panic creeping in and I was so scared that I called on her cellphone and told her that I did that horrible thing. She rushed me to the hospital and my life was spared. Because of that she became attentive to me and started spending time with me. I became attached with her that anyone who will talk to her or befriends her I shoo away with my possessiveness… I became a walking time bomb. It was like poison… I thought that time that I was in love with her. Our group of friends fueled that poison and started putting negative thoughts in my mind.”

 

“But Amber only sees you as her younger sister and friend..” I whispered at her. She nodded and continued her story.

 

“Yes, she never failed to remind me of the painful fact that I am just her friend and she loves me as a younger sister. I even think she only hangs out with me then because of pity. When she went to study at Princeton, it made me sad and more depressed. All through out University days, I tell people around me that I’m okay. My studies were doing good and my best friend and I corresponds by e-mail. But deep inside I was broken and Amber knows it, that’s why she didn’t fail to remind me that she will always be there for me. I thought her words meant that she is already in love with me so I confessed… only to be rejected by her. Amber hasn’t come out of the closet before so I thought maybe she is hiding her true self that’s why she rejected me. We continued to be best of friends and she already forgot about it. My depression worsens and the dark thoughts started clouding my mind again…”

 

I took her hand and squeezed it lightly, giving her support. Forget about being y this time… we are both women and I should give her comfort now by listening to her story.

 

She took a deep breath and exhaled it loudly before smiling bitterly “Five times… five times I tried to kill myself only to live every time it happens. And that five times Amber was always there to remind me that life is beautiful. That I shouldn’t give up and fight the demons inside my head. She tried convincing me to enter a facility for the depressed people but I declined because my thinking was I don’t need help. I became okay again until that visit I made to Amber at Princeton to celebrate her birthday.”

 

I smiled and continued for her “You found out about Krystal and who she is in Amber’s life that time. Krystal said their wedding was a secret back then and only Jonghyun knows plus a friend of hers at the University. I actually am very mad at you when Krys told me she was expelled out of their bedroom because Amber doesn’t want you to know they are married. I really wanted to pull your hair in case we meet personally.” she pouted again at me and shrugged her shoulders.

 

“It wasn’t my fault~.. if only the two of them just told me flat that they are already married then I’ll take it lightly. But they didn’t and kept on hiding, even pretending to be just housemates. I was already suspecting something fishy about the two of them when I saw a pair of underwear under Amber’s pillow. The kind of underwear that she wouldn’t wear…”

 

“Eeewww!”

 

“It’s clean don’t worry hahaha… but that time I thought it wasn’t clean so yeah, really eeew.”

 

“How did you know it was clean?”

 

“I remembered Krystal folding their newly laundered clothes and saw it, so maybe when she went inside the room she accidentally dropped the pair…”

 

Hahaha… maybe more like she placed it intentionally nyahahaha!

 

“Hahaha… yeah maybe she dropped it.” there was silence between us.  

 

Somehow I felt that Seo Ju-hyun is a misunderstood woman because of circumstances that she can’t handle well.

 

“I got jealous with the fact that I felt I was losing my best friend and at the same time mad because I gave all my power just to make Amber see me as a woman and not as a pitiful younger sister that has suicidal tendencies. I spent years trying to show Amber that I love her more than a friend but she rejected me. Then this girl…” she smiled cutely with furrowed eyebrows and pouted maybe remembering meeting my best friend.

 

“The girl with a huge forehead.” I blankly said making her laugh. She nodded at me and continued.

 

“Yup, this girl with a huge but cute forehead who has a beautiful smile but cold aura. Smart, intelligent and at the same time funny at times like a kid. The way Amber looks at her gave them in… she looks at Krystal like she’s holding on to her dear life. Like Krystal is her air and she holds the secret on how to reach Neverland. Amber is head over heels in love with Krystal and that made me mad.”

 

“That’s why you did those things to them…” she bit her lips and nodded looking guilty.

 

“Our friends also fueled my jealousy… they helped me execute the plan of getting Amber to believe that I’m in trouble the night before her birthday. Honestly, I didn’t know Krystal has a surprise for her… if I know it maybe I backed out with the plan. But I was already poisoned with jealousy that I want to get back to her for taking Amber away from me so it happened.”

 

“You did, although Krys forgave Amber that night and they became okay, she forgave her and Amber also defended you do you know that?”

 

“I know… Amber told me about it two days after. It was stupid and I thought I did the worst thing. But our friends are really s… they put thoughts in my mind that what I did are just right because the moment the couple breaks up, I’ll have my chance with Amber.”

 

“That’s pathetic!” who are those friends?! maybe they are the ones I should kill and not this girl.

 

“Yeah… and I only realized it was pathetic when I’m already inside the facility getting treatments for my depression.” she said as a matter of fact. Poor girl.

 

“Tell me where those friends of yours are and I’ll put some sense in their heads! That’s absurd! They know you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter