Samjoko - 3

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here is our update for today, let's listen to Krystal narrate on Luna about what happened. 

Krystal rocking that short hair killed me. 

Thank you to our subscribers and to those who upvoted the story thank you very much! I keep on writing stories because of you guys!

Subscribe, comment, holler!

Peace yow!

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

 

Luna’s POV

 

My jaw dropped because of the revelation I just heard. Krystal and that Professor Amber Liu!

 

Wedding ring!

 

I grabbed my friend’s shoulders and made her face me, then looked outside and saw who she was having a staring contest with. Of course it was Professor Liu who was also looking at us now with a wondering look on her face. I immediately pulled the zipper of our tent up so she wouldn’t see me interrogating Krystal.

 

“What.did.you.say?”

 

She looked down on the ring dangling on her necklace and sighed. “After 6 months of dating, we decided to get married. The only persons who knew about it was my roommate Martha and her brother Jonghyun. They were our witnesses and they vowed to never say it to anyone until we decide to announce it.”

 

I can’t believe this! What happened to my best friend?! She isn’t the type of person who makes a decision in a flash!

 

Krystal is the type of person who thinks twice before making a decision. Especially when if its life changing decisions.

 

She doesn’t rush things… she takes it one step at a time. I know this because we’ve been friends since we were in Middle School. We basically grew up together being neighbors and playmates.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Because I know you’ll scold me…”

 

“Damn right I will!” now it’s my turn to flick her huge forehead. She pouted shamelessly while rubbing the part I flicked. “What were you thinking?! Getting married after 6 months!? tell me, did she tricked you in marrying her?!”

 

“No… it was a mutual decision…”

 

“When and where was the decision made?” I raised my right eyebrow on her expecting a valid answer. Because if she will say that the decision came after a mind blowing , I’m gonna slap her forehead 3 times without mercy!

 

She looked so sheepish while formulating an answer on my simple question. She flopped down on her sleeping bag and covered her face with her neck pillow groaning. “LUNA!!!”

 

“Tell me or I’ll march my way out of this tent and pull that Llama looking Professor out there and roast her in that bon fire while squeezing out the answer from her!” I made a motion to pull the zipper of the tent when she suddenly got up and stopped me from doing it.

 

“YAH! YAH! FINE! I’ll tell you…” I gave her a victorious smile and she flopped her body again on the sleeping bag. I lay down beside her and turned my face on her direction waiting for the answer on my question.

 

She raised her hand playing with it on the light emitting from the LED lamp, making some shadow Bunnies. “She asked me to marry her while we were having .”

 

“How romantic.” I answered her in a deadpanned voice and started my attack on her forehead.

 

“Awwww!!!!! PARK SUNYOUNG YOU !” I widen my eyes on Krystal daring her to attack me too but she just pouted and rubbed her forehead.

 

“I was thinking that you’ll say it but I was still hoping that it’s a different scenario.”

 

“I was so in love with her that all she asks me to do makes me say yes. So I said Yes… the morning after we went to the nearest Jewelry Shop and bought a pair of rings…” she took the ring again holding it up “… this ring… then went straight to the City Hall and applied for a marriage license. I called my roommate and she called her brother who was just in New York who travelled for an hour to get there. So we were wed…. and it was the happiest day of my life…”

 

I can detect sadness when she said those last words… She said it was the happiest day of her life but why do I feel the sadness from it?

 

“When she told me to make it a secret, our relationship and eventually our marriage… I obliged thinking that it’s for the best. That relying on her is the best decision there will be. I love her and I trust her…”

 

“Did you regret marrying her?” she sighed audibly and stared on the rose gold ring. Finding the answer to my question.

 

“No… because it was one of those life changing decisions that I took in a whim and I was proud of doing it because I love her. It was the best thing that happened to me.”

 

I watched her expression and I can see a lot of emotions from it. She’s still in love with that Llama but why did they broke up? Does it mean they are divorced now?

 

“So… are you still married?” she shook her head and brought the ring back inside her shirt. She placed her arm over her eyes covering it from me. Whenever Krystal does this, it means she is fighting herself not to cry. I patted her thigh like a baby and heard a small sob coming from her that made me feel like the crappiest bestfriend ever. I shouldn’t have asked her about it but she has to talk about what happened.

 

“Sorry Krys… I shouldn’t have ask you…” she was sniffling, still covering her eyes.

 

“It’s okay… *sniff* I’m sorry if I didn’t told you. I feel like a very bad friend *sniff*…” she uncovers her eyes and wiped the wetness on her cheeks with the palm of her hand, smiling with tears on her eyes. “It’s all in the past now… and I already signed the divorce papers the last time we met before I came back home to Korea. She signed it too in front of me and wished me the best… I left the job to her of filing it so probably it’s already final a couple of years ago.”

 

She said the marriage was the best thing that happened to her… but why divorce that Llama? I won’t take her answer that the Llama didn’t cheat on her. Maybe something happened… and she said the 3rd person is the best friend… the ‘Plastic Best friend’.

 

By the way she cries right now it’s obvious that she’s still in love with that Llama… she’s been keeping their wedding ring for Christ’s sake! In other cases, divorced couples either sell their rings or throw it away if the divorce ended in bitterness. But she kept it… dangling on her chain necklace that her dead parents left her and hidden from the eyes of everyone.

 

“Amber…. she’s a kindhearted person. So kind that sometimes others take advantage of her kindness without her knowing. I always tell that to her but she always say ‘Kindness is reciprocated with Kindness’. That’s one of the qualities I love about her and one of the qualities I hate too. She can’t say No to people, even if it’s beyond her power to do so. She will be disappointed if she lets a friend down… without realizing that sometimes the ones she love is already hurting.”

 

I pulled a sheet of tissue from her pack and wiped her tears away letting her narrate everything. I started her back consoling her and giving her support.

 

“She’s sweet, caring, respectful, goofy, smart, loving… a good sister to her older brother. She takes care of me like I’m some kind of delicate porcelain that she’s afraid to break…”

 

I snorted hearing what she said and mumbled loudly “But she managed to break…” she laughed softly and bitterly that I can’t help but be sorry.

 

“Her best friend came from Los Angeles visiting her… since no one knows about our relationship except 2 people, it was hard keeping it especially that stayed in our apartment. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and do you know who got kicked out of the room?” her eyes showed annoyance with a scowl on her face. “ME! ING ME! Because she doesn’t want her best friend to know that we are married!”

 

I can’t believe this! Krystal doesn’t deserve this!

 

“Can you please ing tell me the reason why Amber doesn’t want her best friend to know that the 2 of you are already married?! Because I’m really wondering why the she was keeping it! Damn… I really wanna kill a Llama right now but I’ll let you finish first.”

 

“Because she’s afraid her parents will know about it… she said she’s not ready to tell it to her parents yet. She was afraid her best friend might report it to her parents since their families are like super close.” Hahaha…. my knuckles are itching for an exercise right now.

 

“So you got kicked out of the room you share with your own wife who is afraid to tell the world that you are married. Then where the did that best friend of hers stayed and slept?!? Because if you will say she stayed in that room and slept in that bed where you and your wife do the action…. then I’m really gonna throw a Llama in a roast pit.”   

 

She scratched her eyebrow looking so embarrassed and nodded. “But after 3 days she moved to a hotel because she said she’s not comfortable inside our apartment because I was always there. I really wanted to scream at her and say ‘! Of course I’m here! I’m Amber’s wife!’ but I didn’t because I don’t want to embarrass my wife.”

 

“Your ex-wife…”

 

“My ex-w-wife…”

 

“So what happened next? By the way, why did the best friend suddenly paid a visit?”

 

“It was Amber’s birthday week… they have this stupid ritual that they spend the whole week together to celebrate it. But since Amber is already together with me of course it was already disrupted.”

 

“What happened next?”

 

She sighed and played with the crumpled tissue in her hands “That’s where trouble started. It was the eve of her birthday, she has classes then till evening and I only had one class in the morning. Since it will be the first time we will celebrate her birthday together, I planned a surprise for her. After my class I went to the supermarket and bought some ingredients because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter