Samjoko - 28

The Context of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Dropping a random update for all of you then i'll see you all tomorrow! Hope this chapter answers some of your questions. 

Thank you to all our subscribers and to those who left some comments it makes me smile when i read your messages chingus. I'm sorry of i can't reply to all of you at times. :D

Enjoy and good night!

Peace yow!

-------- 

 

CHAPTER 28

 

“But how can it possibly happen?” I asked Krys while her head. We already got back to the hotel and the moment we entered the room I immediately made her lie down on the bed, stripped her off and dressed her up in her pajamas afraid of anything that might happen to her and the baby.

 

She was quiet the whole time while inside the car. Just hugging me and her face buried on my chest. I thought she’s feeling sick that I almost ask the driver to bring us to the hospital but she said she’s fine and just want to go back to the hotel.

 

Krys has been acting weird since this morning we arrived at the museum. Since she met Miss Jung.

 

I pulled her in my embrace while sitting on the bed my back resting on the head board. She was still hugging me like she doesn’t want to let go and her eyes close while she narrated to me what happened in the museum.

 

From the time she and Miss Jung met, when they shook hands and she saw some visions that she experienced for the first time. The feeling she had all the time and how the other Jung stares at her with curiosity and wonder. Then when she was strolling in the museum and Miss Jessica approached her joining her, the moment she touched her hand again that gave her those visions again that all came so vivid on her mind.

 

I can vouch that Miss Jessica is probably someone important back then in the ancient times. Maybe someone that has a connection to the Gongju since Krys is her reincarnation.

 

The second batch of memories that she had flashing on her mind is what baffles me.

 

“Krys… if Ju-hyun is your sister in our past life, is there a possibility that Miss Jessica is the Gisaeng that Myeongwon said as your mother?” she sighed and broke her hug then sat beside me resting her head on my shoulder.

 

I took her hand and intertwined our fingers, me letting her know that I’m going to listen. “That is what I’m thinking Am… the moment that flashback came again I saw her face and it was HD like. It made me remember the scene in our dream when Gisaeng Myeongwon said how their mother was when she was alive. I saw it… she was pregnant and there was a nobleman beside her but his face is a blur. Then next thing I knew she’s already biting that wooden spoon and giving birth, her arms were tied… you know… how giving birth was done before. When you called me that’s when I went back to reality.” she brought our hands inside her shirt and rested it on her belly. “What I’m wondering about is why I’m having this kind of strange phenomena. The dreams I had back then in the camp site started when I touched the dagger then after we found the Princesses it never occurred again. Then now…. this…this… visions… it only happened this morning when our hands touched. It doesn’t even happen with Ju-hyun…”

 

Sigh. Should I tell Krys about it?

 

But it’s not my business to tell it…

 

“And you know what’s even stranger? The second vision I had. The little girl is me! Remember the photo I showed to you before? When I was 4 or 5 years old I think?!”

 

“Of course! It’s with me, you gave it to me because you said I should keep it…” we were looking at her baby photos the night we found out she was pregnant. Actually not really baby photos because all of it is when she was still 5 years old. She said her Mom told her she accidentally left her baby album in San Francisco that’s why she doesn’t have any to look at. She was really cute and chubby!

 

I reached for my wallet at the bedside table and opened it, I was welcomed by a photo of me and Krystal… our only wedding photo that Jjong took for us after the ceremony.

 

“You know honey… you should scan that photo of us and store it in your flash drive. That’s the only memory of our wedding besides the rings we are wearing…” I chuckled at what she said and planted a kiss on top of her head. “And I’m so pretty in that photo… that white dress is still in my closet.”

 

“Maybe we should get married again and you wear that dress again so we can recreate our wedding…” I . But at the back of my mind, I really want to marry her again in front of our families and friends.

 

After a long pause, she suddenly giggled and clicked her tongue. “Tsk tsk tsk…. Professor Liu, don’t tell me you’re proposing again?”

 

“Well… kind of.”

 

“You really are lame when it comes to this part!”

 

“Don’t you want to get married again honey? You know… in front of our families and friends now and not in secret…”

 

“I’ll think about it~~~…” this girl, really.

 

I pulled our wedding photo outside my wallet and gave it to her. Under it was the childhood photo Krys was talking about. I took it too and gave it to her before putting back our photo inside the wallet.

 

She was really cute in this photo! Chubby cheeks, doing a peace sign, wearing a denim jumper and yellow T-shirt. She said her Mom told her it was taken when they had their trip to the museum. She's the first Minion i think hehehe....

 

It was taken in front of a big Mammoth… wait.

 

Is this in the same museum we are holding the exhibition?

 

“Krys, look at your photo. Is this taken behind that Mammoth inside the museum where we will hold the exhibition tomorrow?!”

 

“Yes, the same museum. What I vaguely remember is Mom and I going on a trip here in New York just to visit the museum. I don’t really remember all the details because I was so young back then and….” she suddenly stopped and straightened her body while looking at the photo intently. I shifted my body to face her and saw that her face has this look that she’s thinking so hard.

 

“Krys what is it?”

 

She was tracing the photo with her finger then said “This… this clothes.. this was what I’m wearing in that flashback Am… and look! I didn’t realized this just now!” she shove the photo in my face almost hitting my nose.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Oops sorry… look! It seems I’m not alone in this picture… the cut of the photo is uneven and there’s someone beside me but what’s left is just the small portion…of…a…jum..per.” her eyes went wide looking at it. I took the photo and examined it with my own eyes.

 

It’s true. It’s like the original photo was cut in 3’s because the orientation is on Landscape.

 

“We were 3 little girls, the other girl was also wearing a jumper like me and in yellow T-shirt too. The other girl was taller than us maybe she’s around 10… we were all holding hands and laughing, running inside the museum. Like we were so happy the 3 of us were together… then the scene changed and we were already outside and we were all crying. I was being restrained by my Mom and placed me inside the waiting taxi while the other girl was screaming and crying being restrained too by a couple. The older girl was crying on the steps and there’s a man behind her…. a man crying….”

 

She closed her eyes her brows furrowing obviously trying to remember the flashback she had. I cupped her face with my hands, my thumb her cheeks. This is enough she should rest…

 

“Krys this is enough… just rest honey… I don’t want you be stressed think about baby Llama. Come on…”

 

“Am… he’s good looking… and he…he… we look alike…”

 

“Maybe it’s just a coincidence…” I took a glance at the bedside clock and saw that its still early. She might be hungry now.

 

“Aren’t you hungry honey? Let’s get some dinner…” she opened her eyes and smiled at me. Gotcha!

 

“Yeah… we are hungry. I want Steak and Clam Chowder…”

 

Our room phone suddenly rang that made us share a look and made funny faces to each other. She pushed my face playfully when I tried to kiss her and she pointed on the ringing telephone. I rolled on the bed going to the other side and pressed the answer button and loudspeaker.

 

“Hello…”

 

“Professor Liu, this is Dean from the Front Desk. A friend of yours is on the other line… a certain Miss Seo?”

 

“Yes, please kindly connect her call. Thank you..” Krys suddenly placed her feet on my face rubbing it on my cheeks giggling cutely. Do I look like a floor mat?!

 

“Hey Mr. & Mrs. Liu! Lulu and I are going to have dinner care to join us?” I would like to answer her immediately but I was controlling my laugh because my wife is tickling my sides with her feet. She straddled me and started swiping her tongue on my lips ily that my hands automatically landed on her squeezing it. Her hand slid to the button of my jeans ing it then sliding the zipper down and pulled it in a quick move.  

 

“Yah… Krys…!” I hissed at her widening my eyes. She smirked at me ily while taking off her pajama top throwing it on my face. Her jiggling saying HELLOOOO to me. Damn. I just drooled.

 

She meronged at me and answered Ju-hyun.

 

“Give us 30 minutes! Let’s eat Steak you 2 es!” Ju-hyun burst out laughing at the other line and I also heard Luna laughing non-stop.

 

 

Tsk tsk tsk… girls.

 

Oh wait.

 

I forgot I’m a girl too.

 

Sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

“Sophie~~ come on baby just one bite more…” Yuri cooed to our daughter who was busy banging the tray of her baby sit spraying green peas on my wife. I laughed out loud covering my mouth when I saw some peas sticking on Yuri’s cheeks.

 

I took my table napkin from my lap and started wiping her face biting my lips to control my laugh. But of course our savage friends just laughed at her even pointing at her face.

 

“Sophie baby you are really a good good girl!” Hyo said to my little girl even making kissy kissy gestures to the rascal giggling. Yuri threw a pea on her direction making us laugh.

 

We are one rowdy bunch here in Uncle Jack’s including my little girl. Soo, Fany, and Hyo are already with us. Sunny and Yoona are still on the way because when I called them a while ago they said they are still doing some final meetings at their respective offices.

 

Sooyoung and Miyoung or Fany when she’s here in the U.S. works at the National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage in Korea, Hyoyeon is an OBGynecologist and Fertility Specialist at Korea too, Yoona and Sunny also works in the Museum with me. Yoona heads the Marketing team at the Cooper Hewitt while Sunny heads the team on the American Indian Museum. Yuri owns a bakeshop in Central Park but before that she was a Pastry Chef in The Waldorf Astoria before having her own shop. We opened the shop 2 years ago when I was still pregnant with Sophie with the help of her father. Yuri’s family in Korea belongs to the chaebol groups, her brother now heads the company while she settled here with me in New York living our simple life.

 

“Oh my God!!!! Drunkard Hyo I miss you!!!” it was Sunny arriving with Yoona who has a box of Georgetown cupcakes in her hold. Hyo stood up from her seat and welcomed Sunny with a tight hug while jumping around. These ahjummas tsk tsk tsk….

 

Yoona came to Hyo too hugging her then to Sooyoung and Fany. She went to Sophie’s side and placed a kiss on my little girl’s chubby cheeks.

 

“Hi Sophie baby! Mommy Yoona has something for you~~” She waved the box in front of my daughter who already has an excited look on her face. My God its already evening!

 

“Yah! No sweets for Sophie! Remember when you fed her with those glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme?! She was running non-stop inside the flat at 12 midnight blowing on the Didgeridoo!” she sat on the seat beside Soo and grinned at me.

 

“It’s not everyday I can pamper my God daughter!” she meronged at me and turned to Sooyoung “Yah! I was waiting for you in my office you two ahjummas! Why didn’t the two of you come?”

 

Soo flicked her forehead making me giggle. Yuri took my hand and intertwined our fingers giving me a tender smile before watching our friends talk to one another. I really miss these ahjummas… I wiped Sophie’s mouth with the table napkin and gave her sippy to drink water. So cute!!

 

My daughter was so fascinated watching the 5 ahjummas in front of her laughing and talking at the same time. She threw some carrot cubes to Yoona and Soo while Fany shrieks because the carrots landed on her shirt going inside her bra. Who would have thought we will be all like this? Successful in our own practices and professions.

 

“Hey girls!!! Miss me?!”

 

We all turned our heads and saw one more ahjumma standing there grinning at us. Well one of us were glaring at her hahahaha and that’s her partner.

 

Of course, who else.

 

Kim Taeyeon. Travel Blogger and Photographer, the leader of our group and Fany’s long time partner since High School.

 

Yuri’s secret old rival and best friend.

 

My ex-girlfriend.

 

“Tae!”

 

Yuri stood up and the two of them hugged tightly, the two of them broke their hug and she went beside Fany planting a kiss on my friend’s cheeks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter