Ch 8: Gameplan

Catching the Little Fox

 

It was Saturday, and Seokmin will finally able to meet his eye-candy after a hard week of exams. As per usual, he made his way towards his group and sat beside his friend, who already came ahead of him. He eyed around to look at the omega but he was not at his usual spot. Seokmin could only assume that the omega hadn’t come yet.

 

He tried to put on his gym shoes but he forgot that his left hand was in a cast, courtesy of his friend, and tried to tie the shoelaces with his right one. After a few attempt, he gave up and decided to ask for help. He tapped on his friend’s back, who had his eyes fixed somewhere.

 

‘Your fox’s seemed close with that omega-looking-alpha.’ His friend pointed, refusing to turn his head.

 

Seokmin directed his gaze towards where his friend was pointing and true to his claim, Soonyoung was seated on the floor, and another guy, Woozi if he was not mistaken, had an arm wrapped around the other’s shoulder. They were in a discussion of some sort, both staring at a few pages of paper.

 

‘Look at them being all comfy.’ His friend continued. ‘That, my friend, should’ve been you.’

 

Seokmin divert his gaze and focused on getting his gym shoes on. He didn’t know Soonyoung was close with another alpha, heck, maybe they were even dating. In fact, he didn’t really learn anything new about the omega since their ‘reunion’. This was really frustrating. And his shoes just wouldn’t cooperate. ‘That piece of is looking here.’

 

‘Who? Woozi?’ He looked up to the said two, and the moment his eyes locked with Woozi’s, the other grinned knowingly. He then proceeded to rest his chin on Soonyoung’s shoulder, eyes still locking with Seokmin’s, in a challenging manner.

 

‘Look at his smirk’ Bam Bam scorned, eyes still looking at the two figures, returning the challenge to the other alpha.‘That little .’

 

Seokmin looked towards his friend who still have that discontented look on his face. ‘You’re getting more worked up than me.’

 

‘I hate that little .’

 

‘Woah there, calm down. You’re saying a lot. What did he ever do to you?’ Seokmin tried to change the topic. He really didn’t want to hear anything about it. It was starting to ruin his Saturday.

 

‘You kidding me? Guitar?’ Bam Bam stared at him and rolled his eyes. Owh yeah, the guitar thing…

 

‘Well you were the one who tried to hit on him. Hey, help me with my shoes.’

 

‘Because he looks like a freaking omega!!!’ Bam Bam almost screamed before controlling his voice again. He tied his friend’s shoes in seconds and continued, ‘That piece of .’

 

 

*****

 

‘So what’s you gameplan?’ Bam Bam took his book away and threw it on the table, ‘you need to tell me so I can help.’

 

‘What gameplan? I don’t-’

 

‘WHAT GAMEPLAN? SECURING YOUR FOX GAMEPLAN! Don’t tell me you forced me to join the dance club with you without any gameplan?’

 

Seokmin hid his face on the table and stared at his wall. He did a lot of thinking today. And he only scared himself, thinking that Soonyoung might actually already have an alpha partner because he didn’t take any action. ‘I did that without thinking it through.’

 

‘So? You plan on just staring a hole into his skull? And hoping him to find that creepy action attractive?’

 

‘What do you want me to do? I don’t really have any chance to talk to him!’

 

‘What about pretending to accidentally bump into him outside of club? Or library? Maybe ask someone for his number and message him everyday? It’s already been a month! YOU SLOW MAN!’ Seokmin messed with his hair and let out a frustrated scream. He was slow. He got the dating expert beside him yet he never asked the man to give him tips. Then he let a month passed by without any progress because he was busy with other stuff. And now, Jihoon was putting his damn hand over his Soonyoung!

 

‘Sigh…Let me tell you something really important - summers. If anything’s gonna happen, its gonna happen this summer.’

 

‘Summer is when all hell breaks lose. Summer’s the time where innocent omegas turn into adults. That’s when you get to taste the world.’ He rested a hand onto Seokmin’s right shoulder, ‘And that’s when a nerd turns into a y beast.’

 

‘Pfttt… what nerd. Haa!’

 

‘You are. You’re the biggest nerd who have social anxiety around omegas.’

 

“I don’t have social anxiety! I speak just fine!’ He has a lot of friends. Obviously he wasn’t an introverted nerd.

 

‘How many omega friends do you have? Forget that. How many omegas have you ever talked to, besides the one I pushed on to you.’

 

‘Well…’ Do they have to talk for more than a few minutes for that to count? Well, there were some who confessed to him during his school days, and… the cafe staffs. And his family members. ‘I do talk to the club members.’

 

‘And how many omega numbers do you have?’

 

‘That does NOT mean I have social anxiety! Hey, give me back my phone!’ Seokmin heart almost jumped out of his chest when he saw Bam Bam unlocking his phone. Nobody can predict what the man was capable of doing, and that scared him.

 

‘You’re going out with Hoshi tomorrow??! YAAAH!!! What happened to us telling each other everything??’ Owh . Anything but that! ‘AND FOR A DATE??? DOKYEOM!!!’

 

‘THAT’S PRIVATE!!’ He took his phone back forcedfully from the now silver-haired man, and checked to see if he accidentally pressed something. ‘We never have that rule, just so you know.’

 

‘Hey, I’m only here to help you with Hoshi! You should at least tell me about that!’ he paused. ‘And you guys had a phone call? Woooo, and I thought you didn’t do anything you sly bastard.’

 

Hearing that, for some reason, Seokmin sighed. Bam Bam was right, he didn’t actually do anything. All he did was give his number to the omega. And it was the omega who texted him first. It was always like that. And after tomorrow’s date, they really have no reason to even contact each other anymore.

 

‘What should I do?’ Bam Bam stared at him, cocking his head a bit. His friend went this far without his help so he should be okay. ‘We’re only meeting so he can give me back my sweatshirt. That’s it. We’re not even contacting each other besides for that purpose.’

 

‘What?? Boy… you’re in trouble.’ Bam Bam got up on the bed and pulled a pillow to put on his crossed legs. He was thinking of a way to help his friend, fast. If Seokmin end tomorrow without setting up another date, that would be the end since they really don’t have anything more to do with each other. ‘Okay, listen. Like I said, you need to do something with him this summer…’

 

Seokmin listened attentively. Time was running out and he needed to take action fast.

 

‘... ask him to go on a trip with you. And that night, get him drunk and do it.’

 

‘YAAAAHH!! YOU DIRTY BASTARD!’ Seokmin threw his notebook to the ert’s face. And here he thought his friend was being serious.

 

‘It’s not like it’s your first time together! Both of you already did the dirty!’

 

‘We were both drunk and that was an accident!’ Bam Bam lifted an eyebrow towards him and smirked, while Seokmin felt his face flushed. ‘I was a bit drunk. But I won’t take advantage of him like that.’

 

‘Aish Dokyeom-ah. You’re too good for this world. Think about that little . Remember that sly grin he had when he touched Hoshi? He was probably enjoying Hoshi’s scent, and I bet he was thinking of doing it if he have the chance.’

 

Urghh… Just imagining that made Seokmin angry. They don’t even make a good couple. And who the hell did he think he is, touching his Soonyoung like that? And putting his chin on Soonyoung’s  shoulder? This was really frustrating.

 

‘Do you think a trip will work? Minus the .’

 

‘Hell yeah! But why minus the ? What’s the point then?’

 

‘Bonding time’s the point Bam Bam. Bonding.’ He realized the other meaning of the word when Bam Bam gave him another erted grin and cursed himself inside. ‘Not that bonding!’

 

‘I was wondering where that courage came from for a second there. Phew.’ He paused a while to think. He forgot something important…’Owh yeah. You should really ask him tomorrow,’

 

‘That’s a bit early right? I still need to plan…’

 

‘If you don’t ask him directly, he might give a lot of excuses not to go. You need to be aggressive and corner him so he had no choice but to agree.’

 

‘I don’t want to force him to do it if he don’t want to though…’

 

‘No, not forcing. Just pushing him a bit.’ Bam Bam got up and headed towards the door to give his friend some time and space to think. The date was tomorrow so they were in a rush. ‘We’re medic students.This is the only summer we have, You need to keep that in mind and man up.’

 

 

Seokmin released a long sigh once he heard the door closed. True, they only have this year’s summer as they would be busier with assignments starting next year. So this year was really the best year for him to search for a lover, or a mate. And unfortunately, he was already stuck on Kwon Soonyoung. And their relationship might end tomorrow if he had no plan. If he take no further action.

 

And all things considered, it was obvious that he only had one choice - following Bam Bam’s advice.

 

Minus the .

 

But including the does seem appealing,..

 

Dokyeom. Get yourself together.Seokmin jot down some places that might be intruiging enough to pique the omega’s interest. And obviously somewhere far and inconvenient enough that can only be reached by car. Maybe someplace with lots of activities? Like camping? But that seemed a bit too early for both of them…

 

But the real question is, how the hell will he ask Soonyoung to join the trip?

 

‘Arghhh!!! This is really frustratinggg!!!’ he screamed and crumpled the piece of paper, throwing it somewhere. Tomorrow’s only 17 hours away, and he needs to plan the trip in that period. How does Bam Bam do this?

 

Wait. He remembered something really important.

 

Shinee.

 

And looking at Soonyoung’s Shinee tour t-shirt that he wore last week, he could only assume the omega was a fan. And he hoped he’s right. Because this could be his one and only chance.

 

He searched the net for any summer tour and to his luck, there was! And in six different cities across Korea! The one held in Seoul had already passed, but that was not the one he wanted to go anyway. Let’s see… The next one’s this week, then there’s a break. Perfect! The one in Daejeon’s at the beginning of their school break! And it’s the perfect distance to have a road trip!

 

He never thought he would say this but thank you Shinee!!

 

Now a simple ticket won’t do… and it’s probably already sold out. He would do it like everybody else and try to find a ticket, two tickets on twitter, or cheat.

 

And he was really, really desperate.

 

He dialled a familiar number and waited for the other end to answer. Only a few rings until a bright voice welcomed him. ‘Eomma! I need some help! I’m kinda desperate!’

 

‘Ommo, what can Eomma help you?’ she sounded concerned and Seokmin wondered what kind of face she was going to have when he told her.

 

‘I want to go to Shinee’s summer concert…’ he could hear her almost laughing her head off, but she seemed to agree to do him a favour.

 

*****

 

Making sure he brought the right paper bag for the fourth time today, Soonyoung looked around the cafe. Seokmin was no where in sight so the seating would be completely up to him. Somewhere not that secluded would be good, but near the window was completely out od the menu. Someone might see them and that would be the end.

 

He saw the perfect table at the innermost corner of the cafe, near the serving counter. There was already another person sitting at the end table with his laptop open so he might be there for a while. Deciding to take the one two tables away from that lady, he sat down and waited. He had to stand a bit to be able to see pass the division towards the door. And he regretted his choice of seating when he found himself doing it every few minutes while waiting for the other to get there.

 

Finally, after a few more minutes Seokmin made his way inside, eyes wandering around. He was wearing a simple striped shirt with an earpiece stuck in his left ear. He noticed the cast on his left wrist but decided not to comment about it.Soonyoung stood up completely, waving a little to show his position. The former flashed a simple smile and took his seat opposite him.

 

‘You waited long?’ Seokmin questioned while looking at his watch. He thought he was the earlier one, having came ten minutes prior to the agreed time. Clearly he was wrong.

 

‘Nope, I just got here.’ Soonyoung lied between his teeth. Nothing was happening yet he was starting to sweat, thinking of the timing to pass the jumper back. He almost jumped when Seokmin asked him about the food. ‘So what’s good here?’

 

Soonyoung opened the menu and started to scan the picture. He finally found a decent place which served healthy food, further away from his workplace. And this place apparently serve the best salads, along with variety of fried food and other healthy stuff. ‘I’m not sure… I heard the shrimp salad is good. But this looks good too…’

 

Seokmin smiled lightly at the confused omega opposite him. He really looked adorable in comparison to his usual charismatic character during dance practice. And he found himself remembering their first meeting. How cute this man was. ‘Should we ask for suggestion?’

 

‘Yeah. We can have like a combo with all the stuff inside. Two people combo… owh there! Couple combo! Let’s get this!’

 

‘There’s no shrimp salad though…’

 

‘You want the shrimp salad?’ Soonyoung looked at him, his face slightly in shock, god knows why. Seokmin could see the slight disappointment in those really small eyes and quickly looked away. Clearing his throat. Everything about him was just so… cute.

 

‘Not really… I thought you want it.’ He looked at the another menu to distract himself. ‘Hey they have ice cream too! Tofu ice cream?’ He laughed a bit reading the different types of ice cream this place served. ‘Sesame and kinoko… wow. We should get one of these.’

 

‘But ice cream’s a bit…’ Desserts should be eaten with someone special. Well, friends too but not with someone he will no longer have anything to do with anymore.

 

‘But it’s healthy! It won’t affect you diet!’ Owh yeah…. he lied about the diet. When the man put it that way, there was really no reason not to try. Since it was an interesting flavour…

 

‘Tofu? Or the sesame?’

 

‘Sesame seems more fun. This one.’

 

Once they got all their orders made, Seokmin started some small talks on the weather before slowly moving on to their plans for the weekend. Soonyoung started to relax a bit once he realize he did not have to think of any topic to fill the silence. He just had to reply, and the man would make some light joke around the topic which at first he would only smile at, but as they chatted more, he started laughing together with. And just like that, they chatted while eating their food which arrived in tens of minutes later.

 

‘Owh, by the way, my friend’s really curious about Woozi….’ He heard Seokmin asked, with a tone that sounded a bit cautious in comparison to their previous conversation. ‘He… uhmm… You know him right?’

 

‘Jihoon? Yeah…’ Soonyoung was a bit curious as to where this was going. Usually, when people say ‘friend’, they usually meant themselves. Atleast, that was what televsion thought him. Does this means Seokmin was interested in Jihoon?

‘Your boyfriend? I mean, my friend just wanted to know if he’s single or not. You know. I saw you guys together yesterday and I thought…’

 

‘Owh no. We’re not together! Haha no way!’ Soonyoung grabbed this chance to push Jihoon towards this guy. If this meant he can finally let go of this dilemma of his, he would gladly do so. Jihoon might be upset about it but who cares. ‘He’s my cousin.’

 

He noticed Seokmin’s eyes lighted up in relief and grinned. This ‘date’ was going so well he wondered why he didn’t do it earlier. ‘But just so you know, he uhm, he’s an alpha. But he’s cute and he’s actually really, really adorable and a bit clingy once you get to know him! He’s just love to act tough you know. A tsundere.’ He tried really hard to ‘promote’ his small cousin. Him being an alpha while looking soft like a marshmallow looking like had really been the tie-breaker for his potential suitors in the past. So it was really important for Seokmin to know that Jihoon was actually a cute and fluffy omega at heart. Since there was really nothing wrong with alpha-alpha relationship anyways.

 

‘Tsundere! Haha! Wow you really do know your Japanese!’

 

‘I know that much!’

 

‘Wow, who knew? I need to tell this to Bam Bam ASAP. He’s been all sulky yesterday since he saw you guys together.’

 

‘Wait, what?’ . He messed up. ‘Bam Bam?’

 

‘Yeah! He’s denying it but I’m positive he’s actually interested. But you know him, it’s all about the omegas.’

 

He really messed up. Not only was he wrong. Out of all people, it was Bam Bam. Jihoon will really kill him with his swinging guitar once he found out about this. He needs to pretend not to know the pink haired guy next time they meet to avoid suspicion.

 

‘So…. Kwon Soonyoung-sshi?’

 

Owh yeah. The jumper.’Owh your jumper! Here’

 

‘Ahh… thanks. Owh and you washed it!. This feels really soft.’

 

‘Yeah. But I hope you don’t mind the smell… I only have that one.’

 

‘Naah. This smells fine.’ Soonyoung could hear a mumbled just like you, but it could also only be his imagination. Because he was being all paranoid again.

 

‘So I guess we should g-’

 

‘Owh yeah Hoshi.’ He gulped at the sudden name he was called. Hoshi. ‘Urmm… do you have any plans on the first week of summer?’

 

He frowned. He had nothing planned besides going back to his hometown but he felt like he needed to lie. Because he knew where this conversation was going. ‘I-I uhh.’

 

‘-Cus I have this two tickets to a summer concert. It’s Shinee though…’

 

‘S-Shinee?’ Soonyoung knew he needed to lie. He knew he should not go with Seokmin. He knew better. But it’s Shinee. And he never went to any of their lives. And he really love them. It’s Shinee.

 

‘And I think I got a backstage pass? I don’t really know them so-’

 

‘SHINEE BACKSTAGE PASS?? YOU GOT TWO TICKETS?’

 

‘Woah. Haha. Yeah.’

 

‘Are you giving them to me? I mean, are you INVITING me? ME?’ He held both of Seokmin’s hand into his and gave him the puppy eyes look. This should work. He really needs the ticket. He can finally meet his idol hyungs. Minho. Taemin. Onew. Jonghyun. KEY.

 

‘If you want to… but it’s in Daejeon though.’

 

‘I WANT!’ he screamed and felt Seokmin’s hand on his mouth covering it. The man was smiling brightly, as bright as the sun, and Soonyoung could see Buddha’s face. Seokmin could be the apparition of god. ‘Thank you!!!’

 

‘Are you sure? Daejeon’s a bit far…’

 

‘Urmm there’s bus right?’

 

‘Yeah but I’m planning to drive there. Let’s go together. Since we’re going to the same concert.’

 

‘REALLY? WOW!’

 

‘Sure. I can send you home too. If you’re planning to. Where do you live?’

 

‘Namyang-ju… it’s the opposite though… You don’t have too.’

 

‘It’s on the way to mine! It’s set then. I’ll give you the details later!’

 

Soonyoung impromptly hugged Seokmin tightly and jumped a few time to show his excitement. He was going to see Shinee! In a summer concert! And backstage!! He will get to see them face-to-face and maybe touch them!

 

 

To be continued...

 

I'm just gonna leave this here and sleep XD

Seokmin was really slow. But he did asked! Yay!! 

As always, thanks for your support and love for this fic!!!

 

@soy_carat_de_cora Yay! thanks for the love!! Hoshi is really cute right? He panicked a bit here too! Bam Bam's is really hyper it's so fun writing about him XD 
@yugiaa aww <3 thanks for your comment love!