Ch 32: What Ifs

Catching the Little Fox

‘ing annoying!’ Seokmin rolled his third eye at the whiny noble who kept complaining about the omegas coming to the party tonight. While he knew the man genuinely hated the omegas, the way he talk about how a few of them already tried to get in his pants this early in the night while he was trying to get back to his room seemed more like he was boasting about his pheromones. And now Seokmin was stuck in his own room, with Mingyu on his bed complaining, when he just want to make his bed and clean his room for Soonyoung’s arrival. Today was hard for him too, with all the stress from the lecturers about the new semester, and he had been looking forward for his movie and cuddling session with his fox. But the giant noble on his bed made it seem really impossible.

 

‘Can’t you just hide your scent like you always do at the club or wherever you always go?’ He didn’t mean to sound annoyed, but he was. Mingyu frowned at the suggestion, staring at him with a pout. ‘It’s the dorm. I’m allowed to be free here.’

 

‘And tonight’s orientation so the omegas are allowed to be here and flirt around.’ Seokmin got up from his seat and went over to pull the blanket from beneath Mingyu, signaling his intention, ‘Can’t you let it rest for a day? You’re probably gonna be out partying anyways.’

 

‘I’m a new alpha now.’ Owh yeah. His new resolution to be a better person. That didn’t seem to show though, he was still too harsh on the omegas. He feared for Soonyoung if his omega stumbled upon and irritated Mingyu on his way here.  Mingyu could act violent when he snapped - he once saw the noble shoving a persistent omega to the street, even threatening them. And as their rooms are just next to each other so there was really a high possibility that Soonyoung might.

 

Smashing the pillows onto Mingyu’s face, Seokmin forced his friend out of his room while laughing, changing his expression once the door closed. Known as the human vitamin, people somehow always find him whenever they find themselves needing some cheering up. And while he didn’t mind doing so, sometimes he also need some cheering up himself, which people fail to notice. His very close high school friends and his family are the very few people who does, and in college, Bam Bam. And Soonyoung, of course, his very own happy pill. He knew this only happened because he didn’t like talking about his feelings and problems, and even when he did, he did it in a playful manner, but sometimes he just wished people would just know. Just like Soonyoung did.

 

Taking a deep breath, Seokmin looked over at his messed up bed and started cleaning. Normally his room wouldn’t be tidy, but he didn’t want to be judged by his fox so he made sure nothing weird would be at sight. A 360 turn, Seokmin almost scared himself at the framed picture of Bam Bam’s baby on his desk. He put it there because the girl was too cute with Bam Bam’s mate’s big eyes, but he was sure Soonyoung would think he was desperate for a baby if the man sees it. Running towards the picture as if his life depended on it, Seokmin hurriedly put it in his rucksack and locking it in his closet. Just in case.

 

Now everything was perfect. He just needed to boil the water and wait for Soonyoung. Who, speaking of which, was a little late than their promised time. Seokmin checked his wristwatch twice, and looked over to his alarm clock, afraid that he might have accidentally reset the time on his clock.

 

Weird, Soonyoung was almost an hour late. There were no messages either…

 

Sitting on the floor as to not mess with the neat bed, Seokmin laid on the floor and looked at his lit computer, not knowing what to do. Should he watch some videos first? But he might be too into it later that he would refuse to watch the movie with Soonyoung. Since, the guy really like actions movies which are not his cup of tea.

 

Maybe he should call Soonyoung anyway. The omega could be asleep due to exhaustion, it wouldn’t be his first time. If only alphas were allowed into the omegas’ dorms…

 

Wait, the voice outside seemed familiar. It sounded like Soonyoung. But why wasn’t his door knocked? Wrong room?

 

Owh god. Soonyoung seemed to be really knocking on that door.

 

That was Mingyu’s!!

 

‘Yah, Hoshi!’ Seokmin hissed at the man, finally able to breath when he realized the omega was knocking on the opposite door instead. Guess he was too anxious he failed to notice the direction of the sound. Soonyoung had a hug smile as he strutted awkwardly towards his room, smiling seductively as he pointed towards him. He was obviously a little tipsy, but that walk looked strange. Granted he was drunk, but he wouldn’t hobble like that.

 

Before he knew it, a pair of hands made their way around his neck and the entranced omegas started to sniff, taking in his scent before resting his forehead on his shoulder. Sighing, Seokmin pulled Soonyoung inside, trying to calm his naughty limbs from travelling all over his body. Gosh, he forgot how drunk Soonyoung was. It had been a while.

 

Damnit. He also forgot how good Soonyoung’s kisses are. His drunk kisses. With his hands locking the omegas’, he had no free ones to stop the man from his neck hungrily. ‘Hoshi-yah, stop it.’

 

‘Just a taste.’

 

‘That’s a taste for you.’ He laughed as he pushed the face away. ‘Calm down boy.’ He pulled Soonyoung’s head onto his chest, not allowing anymore advances that might turn him harder than he already was.

 

While he really like having with Soonyoung, they also promised to spend quality time together today and was the last thing on the list. They could always do that during his heat. Tonight was the only time they would spend the night together, in a room, all night just enjoying each others’ presence. Not to mention, Soonyoung wasn’t even that drunk to begin with. His ears were red, but only when his neck flush would he really act like this. And it wasn’t. So this was not the drunk Soonyoung case. He didn’t know what this was, but it didn’t feel right.

 

‘Dokyeom-ah, bite me.’ Soonyoung tried to move his head around with difficulty to offer his neck but Seokmin hit the skull lightly to knock him out of his intoxicated state, earning him a loud ‘Ow!’

 

‘What? Are you pretending to be drunk to get ?’ Seokmin felt a head shake and the hug around his waist tightened. He laughed, imagining the flushed face. Letting himself fall on the bed and bringing Soonyoung with him, he shifted their position to a more comfortable one so the man above him would be beside him instead. ‘You drank?’

 

‘Just a little. Needed some.’

 

‘That was quite an entrance. Are we being creative? Should I look forward for next year?’ He was expecting a laugh, or any kind of reaction but none came. Which was disturbing. He might be right, something was definitely wrong with Soonyoung. ‘You okay?’ He was about to look at that face before Soonyoung sat back up, hiding his face as he got out of bed and searched into his bag. Frowning, Seokmin supported his weight with forearm and just watch, trying to figure the omega out.

 

‘I brought this.’ Soonyoung showed him a DVD case without sparing a glance, ‘I dunno what movies you like. Is Mama Mia good?’

 

Worried, he replied, ‘You don’t like romcom.’ Though this gesture would touch him really deeply, and it did, had it been in a different occasion, right now he was more concerned on why Soonyoung was trying to hide his face, and why he was acting like this.

 

‘I brought this too.’ Soonyoung showed him another box while laughing weakly, which he knew was a forced one. Getting himself to sit up properly, Seokmin kept silent. He wondered when the other would finally notice the atmosphere and turn towards him. Instead, the man proceeded to switch the computer on and start the movie right away, and without turning, limped himself backward until he reached the bed and sat down. ‘Soonyoung.’

 

‘I wonder if there’s good choreography or just the fu-’

 

‘Soonyoung.’

 

‘-I think it’ll be fu-’

 

‘Hey.’ Grabbing onto Soonyoung’s sleeve, Seokmin dragged himself over beside the omega. As he predicted, the man turned his face away and wiped his cheeks before looking over towards him with a bright smile. Again, a forced one. ‘What’s wrong?’

 

‘I’m drunk. I’m just emotional.’

 

Makes sense. Soonyoung does get emotional when he’s drunk. ‘Did you hurt you leg? Why are you walking strange?’

 

‘Owh, yeah. It hurt. I fell down.’ Soonyoung tried to laugh it off. He stumbled on his legs while running away from Wonwoo and scraped his knees. It was quite an impact. He just realized the pain. ‘It burns.’ He looked at his pants and prepared himself for the gore of his skin falling off but to his surprise, his jeans didn’t tear that bad. Though he could still see some blood from between the threads. ‘Owh this is a good brand.’

 

Drawing a long breath, Seokmin looked around, trying to remember where the first aid kit was. Though he was a medic student, he didn’t have one in his room. ‘Wait here.’ He got up and went out to the lounge where the dorm’s first aid kit was located.

 

 

Soonyoung watched the movie, sighing at the situation he was in. They were supposed to have fun tonight, he planned everything. Tonight was supposed to be perfect, well, in his mind that is. He wanted to forget Wonwoo for good. He wanted move on.

 

Why did he have to open that door?

 

Why did he have to go down the stairs the exact moment Jeonghan spoke?

 

Why did he try to look for Wonwoo that first day? He should have brushed it off as his mere imagination. Now his legs hurt, and he probably wouldn’t be able to dance properly for a while, and what he just heard would haunt him for a long time.

 

Swinging his legs lightly, feeling the pain a bit comforting as a form of distraction, Soonyoung slammed his back on the soft mattress, waiting for the owner of the room to return. And sure enough, Seokmin came back, closing the door behind. He could hear the thumping of the music downstairs and contemplated whether he should just go back and get himself drunk, dead drunk, the one where he would feel terrible the next day. The night was already ruined anyway. He might as well lose himself to alcohol and forget everything.

 

‘Ow! Yah!’ Soonyoung hissed at the sudden piercing pain he felt on his knee. ‘You really should be careful. How’re you gonna dance with an injured leg?’ He just realized he was in his boxers. He didn’t remember when Seokmin even took his jeans off. His favourite pair of jeans…

 

‘What happened?’ He raised his shoulders, not wanting to answer. After a few minutes of silent, the alpha tried to start a new conversation, 'Is that a new shirt?’ Soonyoung looked at his stomach, nodding as he realized it was. How ironic, he even dressed himself up for Seokmin but ended here looking shabby because of Wonwoo. Everything was ruined.

 

He ing hate that man now. That omega.

 

him. Disgusting. To think that he liked a fellow omega. Now everyone was going to think he was like his mother, dating another omega. What would Seokmin think? He didn’t want to know. Though the man didn’t seem to mind what happened to his mother, he doubt he would do the same for him.

 

This is all that man’s fault. Wonwoo.

 

him. He ing deserve whatever happened to him. Whate-

 

. What was wrong with him? Why would he think anybody deserve to be taken against their will? Raising a hand to hide his face, Soonyoung furrowed deeply to control his emotion. The alcohol must be making him extra sensitive.

 

‘Dokyeom-ah. Let’s watch the movie.’ He tried to lift the atmosphere but failed as Seokmin closed the laptop instead. ‘Why’d you do that? It’s getting good!’

 

‘You’re not even watching.’

 

‘You don’t like it?’

 

‘Nah. Wanna watch your action one?’ Soonyoung lifted his head to look at the alpha who had his head turned back at him. Smiling softly, he sighed. He wanted to do what Seokmin love tonight but the man desired the opposite. ‘Wanna do it? Ahk! YAH!’

 

‘You’re still a bit drunk.’

 

‘I stole someone’s cond- YAH!’ Soonyoung screamed again as another hit reached his head and he threw the packet towards Seokmin who, to his shock, threw it into the trash can. He narrowed his eyes accusingly at the latter. ‘We’re not doing it.’

 

Smiling softly, Soonyoung closed his eyes, trying to think of something else to do to take his mind off what happened. He got up and walked around instead, looking around the room. He never really paid any attention towards this place. Seokmin really loves anime. ‘AHH!’

 

He almost jumped at the sudden scream. Looking back at the alpha in horror, he saw Seokmin practically flying towards him before grabbing the bag that was in the closet he just opened. ‘What was that about?’

 

‘Owh, this. Mingyu’s bag. I’ll return this to him. Wait for me.’ Seokmin almost lost his mind when his omega got near this damned bag. That was a close call. Opening his neighbour’s door, Seokmin gave him a quick hi, threw his bag inside, earning him a confused look before rushing back inside his own to find Soonyoung lying on the bed, on his side. He looked depressed.

 

‘Soonyoung-ah. Wanna talk?’ The man faced him and gave him a light nod. Talking was good too. Seokmin’s stories are always fun to listen, no matter what he was talking about. Soonyoung always find himself captivated by that milky voice, getting into whatever he was talking about, as if it was happening to him. Seokmin is a really good story-teller.

 

This was it. His sanctuary.

 

‘I wanna know about your day. Dokyeom, tell me everything.’

 

*****

 

‘Owh my eyes!’ Seokmin almost jumped out of bed when he heard his door slammed, noting the familiar scent of his neighbour. Looking slightly behind him for the alarm clock before turning towards the curtains, he pulled the man beside him closer and continued to sleep. They had a long night, that was the first time in a while when he ever talked that long. Probably the first. Soonyoung was in his listening mode, and he was a good listener. He just found another thing he like about this ball of fluff.

 

*****

 

‘You sure you don’t wanna bite me?’ Again, Soonyoung offered his neck. Seokmin took a pillow and slammed the omega with it, stopping his ridiculous act. The man had been asking for it since last time, and somehow it scared him to see the determination mixed with desperation in his eyes as he said it. Though it sounded playful, Seokmin could sense that he meant it. It scared him because he wanted too, but he knew Soonyoung was confused for whatever reason. He didn’t want them to end up like the omega’s parents, his mother bonded with his father because she wanted to be bound. Because she thought the bond would keep her away from herself.

 

Seokmin didn’t know what was going on, but he didn’t want that to happen to them. He might pretend he didn’t care about Soonyoung’s old folks’ past, but it does bother him. After all, history do, tends to repeat itself.

 

‘Don’t forget tomorrow.’ Soonyoung reminded him again, and the alpha nodded. This was really confusing him. He didn’t know how to take the omega’s sudden change in attitude since last night. He thought that was another one of his drunk personality but he acted the same, even now. Soonyoung was being clingy and aggressive in his attacks, not in a bad way. He liked it but it was just too sudden.

 

Bidding him goodbye and closing the door behind him, Seokmin’s heart almost dropped as the door flung opened and entered the giant alpha. ‘Dokyeom-ah! I just saw the most beautiful being ever.’

 

Owh god. He just wanted a few minutes alone to entertain his thoughts but no, Mingyu would never let that happen. At least he wasn’t complaining. ‘Really? Who?’ He didn’t remember seeing any European students on campus. And the male in front of him has a very peculiar taste in omegas - he dislikes Asians.

 

‘Not European. He’s a typical Korean.’

 

‘Heol.’ He was a bit offended. Typical Korean. As if they all look the same. ‘I thought you say you’re done?’ Seokmin jumped on his bed, making space for Mingyu as the man sat beside him and rest his back against the wall. ‘No. Listen. The guy’s ethereal. He’s amazing.’

 

‘So you slept with him?’

 

‘No. He ran away. But damn that neck. Owh and his jaws. He’ll taste good.’ That was really disturbing to hear. He like this guy, but the way he talks about omegas and betas as if they are merely objects, he couldn’t agree with. And why the hell did the guy ran away? Did Mingyu try to do something bad to him? That was worrisome. ‘Dokyeom, don’t you know people? Maybe you can help me.’

 

Owh . Sure he knew a lot of people, but no way in hell he would sell someone to this guy. No way. Moreover with that disturbing statement he just made. But looking at the dreamy eyes, and that smile, Seokmin couldn’t help but think that maybe he was really interested in that guy. He didn’t have that lustful look albeit what he said about ‘tasting good’. And Mingyu always bear that hungry look. He sighed, ‘What does he look like?’

 

‘He’s tall, his eyes are small. Owh and he’s really pale.’

 

‘Maybe you saw a ghost?’

 

‘What the man? No!’

 

‘Typical Korean ghost looks like that. Don’t tell me, black hair?’ He tried to scare the man.

 

‘No. He was wearing a turtleneck. Korean ghost wear hanbok.’

 

‘Modern ghost.’ Seokmin insisted and chuckled as he was hit on the shoulder by the big baby. Putting his hands up in surrender, he asked, ‘Alright, alright. Any other traits?’

 

‘Beautiful. Like a fox.’

 

Lika a fox? FOX?

 

Seokmin’s eyes went wide. Could it be, his fox? His Soonyoung? Now that he think of it, tall, small eyes and pale perfectly describe his omega. But when did they crossed path? Just now when Soonyoung got out to go back to his dorm? Or… owh . Mingyu mentioned running away, and the omega injured his legs which was probably caused by the same thing.

 

This was bad. Mingyu was coming for his fox. His tiny, cute and fluffy fox. And this guy’s a noble at that! How the hell could he compete with that? Even if Sooyoung liked him better, his natural instinct would still choose the greater alpha of the two, and that is Mingyu. ‘He’s mine.’

 

‘What? You know him?’

 

‘Yes, and he’s mine.’ He crossed his arms, face changed to that of distaste. And seeing that, Mingyu responded with the same expression. ‘No he’s not. I never see him near you.’

 

‘Owh we’re together.’ Keeping his eyes locked at Mingyu, his pheromones intense, he pulled out his phone and started to scroll through his picture. There were lots of photos of the omega, but he needed one that showed the noble how close they are so he wouldn’t try anything stupid. Finally, he settle with the picture of them hugging, both with bright smiles and shoved the phone towards the other alpha, smirking victoriously. ‘What’s this?’

 

The fox.’ He leaned back, feeling triumphant. Mingyu was shocked to see that photo. Of course he would, the man of his dreams belongs to Seokmin, the normal alpha. Owh that feels so good. After a few moment of silence, Seokmin looked back towards the other who was staring at him with a look of disbelief. ‘You can have him.’

 

‘Owh? That’s it?’ He thought there would be some fight or argument since he knew how proud Mingyu was. Who would’ve thought he was also an honorable man, cherishing friendship over omegas.

 

‘Not him. My lake fairy’s beautiful, like a sculpture.’

 

Owh. That’s why.

 

Wait. Did he just suggest that Soonyoung’s not beautiful? What was with that disinterested face?? His fox is beautiful! He is ing gorgeous!

 

‘... That’s not even a fox. His jaw’s too sharp.’

 

Can he just throw a chair at this guy? Seriously how rude. Thank god his mouth only run wild when talking about omegas or Seokmin would have kill him for his bitter personality.

 

Grabbing his phone back, he bit Mingyu’s hand to express his anger and stop the man’s blabber.

 

That was a close call. He was lucky this was nothing but a misunderstanding but next time, he probably wouldn’t. What just happened made him realized that Soonyoung was really, a free omega so other alphas were technically allowed to pursue him. In fact, betas too. Chan was just one example, but Soonyoung was really starting to get famous on youtube and in his community. In the man’s videos alone, he would notice a few names popping up in each one at the comment section, and at his competitions, he would see familiar faces supporting his omega. Once, a girl even held a banner. He never gave it any thought but maybe he should. Moreover since he would be busy with his studies the semester, they wouldn’t be able to spend more time together, which gives other alphas opening to get his attention...

 

… maybe he should have taken the offer for bonding.

 

To be continued…

 

 

Guys, I know this took a while, I’ve been really busy and uninspired lately. Honestly speaking, I almost lose interest in writing since I stopped for a week, but I have to finish this since this is the first fic I posted ^^;;

 

Anyways, now you see the correlation between Soonyoung’s family and what is happening to him. And also, I’m curious of how you think Soonyoung might act around Wonwoo. Will he ignore him? Or will he try to work things out? Seokmin’s having other issues as well, mostly trying hard not to claim Soonyoung before they’re both ready XD

 

Anyways I’m sorry I haven’t been able to reply to your comments lately. I read everything though, but I can’t reply without thinking that I should write the next chap instead. And then, I kept thinking that I have work to do. It’s an endless cycle. Haha. *cries in the corner*

 

I love you guys so much! Again, sorry for not replying! But know that I love you! <3<3