Ch 29: New beginning?

Catching the Little Fox

The sound of unusual happy cheerings woke Soonyoung up from his slumber. Still under the warmth of his blanket, he tried to ignore it, pulling a pillow over his head but the following high-pitched laughings were too much for him to handle. Sitting up, he wrapped the blanket around before he realized, why the hell was the sound so loud?

 

And why was his room so cold?

 

Glaring at the opened window, he fell back to his bed, whined around before finally getting motivated enough to walk to the window while sighing. Before he pulled the frame down, he looked down and saw some female omegas sitting on the bench, chatting their time away. He didn’t recognize them, maybe some freshmen. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he rolled his eyes and finally shut the window.

 

There. Much more like it. The sound literally just disappeared. The perks of living in the omega dorm...

 

This semester year would be no different from the last, activity-wise. From the club meeting held this afternoon, Soonyoung still kept his leader title, two years in a row. He didn’t dislike it, but he couldn’t help but feel like he should give other people a chance. However, as per tradition, the leader title goes to the third year, with last year as an exception, and it would be too weird for him to hand the position to his friends when he was capable of doing it. Not to mention, nobody said anything when they suggested him again this year.

 

Soonyoung headed towards the fridge to get some chocolate but changed his mind when he realized it was a bit cold for chocolate bars. Hot chocolate was the way to go. Turning his head to grab the powdered chocolate, Soonyoung stopped his steps. He forgot something.

 

Something important.

 

Owh no. His meeting with Seokmin!

 

Running towards the bed for his phone, he realized the damn thing wasn’t where he left it. Not on the bed, not beneath the pillow… where??

 

His bag! Where was his bag?? Near the window!

 

. He was almost late! He even set the alarm! Why didn’t he hear…

 

…those female omegas. Tsk.

 

Not forgetting to give a deadly glare out the window at the oblivious pack who were still laughing, Soonyoung ran towards the bathroom for a quick rejuvenating face wash. He almost trip over the pillows he threw on the floor as he made his way to the door. Again, throwing them on the bed, he proceeded out the door, towards the stairs, and ran down.

 

As expected, there were a lot of people hanging around at the main entrance, all new faces, all wearing that excited expression. They haven’t tasted life just yet. Let’s just see if they can keep those lively smiles in three months after the first mid-term exam…

 

Knocking his own head at the sadistic thought, Soonyoung gave everyone a one-through, also judging how he would make his way towards the door without bumping into anyone. Once he made his decision, he started walking, eyeing around for some memorable faces. Because, he might see them in his club later this year. Like the girl in purple hair, she looks like a dancer. Or the tall guy in the cool-looking jacket. Not the one in nerdy-looking vest though. Or that lanky guy- Huh?

 

Soonyoung halted at the recognition. Turning back a few steps, he searched around for the particular male who caught his attention. He knew it was impossible, only omegas are allowed inside this vicinity. But he was sure he saw Wonwoo. At least, that slender, white neck of his and that height, that broad shoulders…

 

Not finding anyone of that appearance anymore, Soonyoung shook his head. He must not be fully awake yet. That was not possible.

 

. Now he was going to be late.

 

*****

 

Why did they agreed to meet at this part of campus? Now that he was rushing, the place seemes so very far. Moreover, there was going to be so many people at the park he would have a hard time looking for that medic student. Not that Seokmin has a strong, distinct scent like his friend for Soonyoung to find him just based on that among all the other scents there.

 

Why was he complaining? It was his fault he was late anyway.

 

Puffing his cheeks at his own critic, he turned his head around as he looked for Seokmin. The man redyed his hair brown, like every other people here so he couldn’t look for a burgundy hair anymore. What else? His thighs? But they were all sitting so that was-

 

‘Hoshi!’ Owh thank god. Running towards the sunshine, he turned his attention towards the male beside him. The smaller beta had a nervous look on his face, but his awkward smile was so sweet. And he was so shy it was too cute.

 

Giving that adorable thing a smile, he looked back at the alpha, ‘Sorry I’m late.’

 

‘It’s fine. We just got here too. He got lost-’ the smaller male cleared his throat and Seokmin stopped talking, but with a silly grin on his face. They seemed close. As expected from everyone’s Seokmin. The taller of the two then pulled the other closer by the shoulder. ‘My cousin. Le-’

 

‘Dino!’

 

‘Lee Chan.’ Soonyoung looked at the two, back and forth, secretly enjoying the vibe they were giving. ‘He’s a first year.’

 

‘Hi, Ch-, Dino…’ This was awkward. He wanted to call him by his real name, but it was rude calling the man other than the one he introduced himself with. As a result, Chan gave him a shy smile, the one where he forced himself to remain cool but was too happy his jaw tightened. Which was silly. ‘I’m Soon-’

 

‘Hoshi! I know! I like your videos. I’m a huge fan.’

 

Fan? He has a fan? Hah!! Huge? And the kid just called him Hoshi! That was his youtuber name! God, what was this euphoric feeling? He felt like laughing. ‘Wow. You’re my first fan!’

 

‘Second.’ Seokmin suddenly interrupted, and the other two turned to him in confusion. ‘Second fan. I’m the first.’

 

Chan gave his older cousin a begrudging glare. Sensing the awkward stare of the omega as well, Seokmin cleared his throat. ‘He’s also in the performing arts. Please take care of him.’

 

‘Please take me under your wings.’ he bowed and Soonyoung did the same back. Did he just said wings? Take him under his wings? This kid is good with word. Damn, he feel so good about himself. Wings. Hah! Wings.

 

Holding out his hand to pat the man’s head. ‘I’ll take good care of you like my own son.’

 

‘By the way. No alcohol. He’s still underage.’ Seokmin suddenly stated, receiving a ‘tsk’ from the youngest.

 

‘You drank too!’

 

‘I didn’t.’ Seokmin retorted but it was apparent that Chan didn’t believe him. Instead, he looked over towards Soonyoung, wanting an answer, the dirty truth. Then it clicked.

 

They were both drunk during orientation night. And Seokmin was one year younger than him. A.k.a underage drinking.

 

Suddenly feeling himself starting to sweat, Soonyoung gave Chan an awkward grin and looked at Seokmin. Boy, if he could take a picture of the man right here, right now, he would. Seokmin had this really shocked face and he kept signalling to Soonyoung to deny all allegations against him. His eyes the widest Soonyoung had ever seen. And the second Chan turned towards him, Seokmin’s face turned back to his poker one.

 

‘He… was a good boy.’ He laughed stiffly, avoiding to look at the alpha as he made his way towards the other end of the bench to sit. Good boy? BOY?? GOOD BOY???!!

 

‘I bet he’s still a goody-two-shoes.’ Chan started his tease as he sat in front of Soonyoung, eager to make friends with his idol. Soonyoung was about to comment on that before Seokmin exclaimed, ‘I’m a man now. Right?’

 

Owh god.

 

*****

 

After sending Chan back to his dormitory, both the seniors decided to grab something to eat before they went home. Fortunately, the hidden cafes were as quiet as usual. In a few weeks, the new students will discover this place and it will be loud for a while before they could find peace here again.

 

‘You’ll… take care of Chan right?’

 

‘Of course.’ Soonyoung tilted his head a bit, accusingly staring at the alpha for doubting him.

 

‘Like your own son?’

 

‘Yeah…?’

 

‘So you’re practicing?’ Seokmin chuckled as the other hit his shoulder at the sudden attack. Calming the man in front of him, he continued, ‘Don’t baby him too much.’

 

‘I’ll spoil him as much as I want.’

 

‘Then that makes me the strict dad? Aigo.’ A stick sugar was thrown his way, lightly surprising him. As he looked back at the omega, he saw a flushed cheek, but there was a slight curve upwards that Soonyoung was trying to hide. This was their first meeting since the month-long spring break so he really missed Soonyoung’s everything. Seems like the other felt the same as his aggression milded down a lot.

 

Not realizing the time, both were a bit startled as the staff politely asked them to leave. It was already closing time, which meant it was already around 10 o’clock. Grabbing their stuffs, Soonyoung offered to pay. Which had never happened before. They usually pay for their own meal, and on rare occassions, Seokmin will pay for both of them, but Soonyoung never did it. Not because he was stingy, but because he never had extra cash to spend on other stuff. Their frequent dates already had him spent more then he usually did, and he still had to save for other needs. So, this was a pleasant surprise.

 

‘I realized I have money in the bank.’ Soonyoung gave Seokmin a sweet smile.

 

‘Which just appeared from thin air?’

 

‘Didn’t you know? I have a sugar daddy.’ Soonyoung made a y face to taunt the alpha and the latter playfully scoffed back. He finally used the money his father gave him.

 

‘So that means you’re gonna pay for our dates now?’

 

‘I’ll make it rain!!’ The man suddenly got excited as he posed like Jesus in the middle of the walkway and Seokmin pretended he was catching the flying notes, dramatically. Getting excited over that reaction, Soonyoung did it again, this time with his evil laugh.

 

*****

 

As the roof of the omega dorm became visible, Seokmin slowed his pace slightly. Noticing the change, Soonyoung followed beside him, grinning at the man. Just a few hours together and already all his worries were forgotten. He wondered whether his depressive mood was just his actual personality, or it was the Seokmin withdrawal syndrome.

 

‘Are you gonna be busy this term?’ he asked, just to drag the time. Seokmin nodded and Soonyoung did the same. He knew clinical rotation was coming and how busy it would get so they might not be able to meet on weekdays. Unless, Soonyoung goes there for dinner or something. Which was impossible because he would be busy with his own class and projects. Thankfully, Seokmin got a placement in their university hospital which means he would still be close.

 

‘So you still the president of the dance team?’

 

‘Leader. And yeah.’ Soonyoung pouted. Another thing that would keep him busy on weekends. Thankfully he had already stopped his part-time job.

 

‘Who’s the vice? Wait. Lemme guess.’ Seokmin tried to recall everyone in the team when he was there. He expected a few new faces but his choices were obviously those he knew. ‘Lisa?’

 

‘Lalisa!’ He snapped his fingers and pointed at the alpha who had a smile on his face. ‘You?’

 

‘Captain.’

 

‘Awwhh… When’s the meeting?’

 

‘Same as usual. Saturday mornings.’ Soonyoung puffed his cheeks at that. So that means Saturday nights, and Sundays.

 

‘Vice?’

 

‘Mingyu.’ The new kid who’s a noble. He heard a few things about the man, things like he was another version of Bam Bam. That was enough for him to not like him so much. But Seokmin seemed to like him, just like he liked Bam Bam, and all the crazies in his life, so there was nothing he could say.

 

Losing interest, he asked the next question, ‘Manager?’ Since Hani already graduated, he wondered who would be taking her place. There were no hype-girls who could do it as good as that lady. And that lady was awesome.

 

‘Jisoo.’ Owh, the weird girl. She might be a good hype girl. He couldn’t say. Most of the time she was just, weird. In her own world. But she is noisy when she wants to be. He wondered how the team would change this year. He’d love to see some unusual cheers the girl would make. It would be fun.

 

Finally reaching the front gate of the dormitory, Soonyoung shyly leaned in for a hug, still not used to, but wanted to. And to his pleasant surprise, Seokmin squeezed him tightly and patted his head which sent him simpering in embarrassment. Wow. This felt so nice. No wonder couples like to do this.

 

‘Have a good night. I’m so jealous of you omegas.’

 

Hearing that, Soonyoung decided it would be fun to tease the man a bit. Omega dorms are sound-proof, which was the opposite of the beta/alpha dorms where though muffled, they can still hear people talking and footsteps whenever people walk in front of the rooms. Not to mention, they don’t have the best security either. He knew that because last year, he could hear the thumping of the music and drunkards shouting outside.

 

Orientation must be hell to those wanting peace there.

 

Snickering, Soonyoung started to laugh again for the umpteenth time tonight, pointing finger at the alpha who again, overreacted by pretending to be stressed as he got to his knees. Never too old to play with this guy.

 

Trying to control his laughter as he headed inside, Soonyoung stopped at the second door, inhaling deeply to not appear excited. He knew some people will still be sitting around at the main stairs and he didn’t want to appear stupid, grinning and laughing alone by himself. Forcing himself to relax, he counted to five and finally entered.

 

Like he predicted, the new faces were still on the benches, some in front of the vending machines, trying to get to know each other. He did the same thing too, except, the friends he made didn’t suit his personality and they returned to being strangers a few months after orientation.

 

Smiling at the memories, he walked quickly towards the stairs, but again, stopped halfway.

 

It was here, that he thought he saw Wonwoo.

 

It couldn’t be right? There was no way Wonwoo would be in an omega dorm. He was a beta.

 

Was he really seeing things…?

 

Slowly making his way to the very spot he saw the man, Soonyoung looked around to see if, maybe, he could still see him. It was a crazy idea, but he was having crazy thoughts right now and needed to calm himself. Unlike the rooms at the upper floors, which always have another room opposite another, some room on the first floor had walls, which means if he was caught lurking around, he couldn’t pretend he was visiting someone living in the opposite room. And it was a bit creepy too, the end of the hallway only having a window and lights, with a number of doors. Like something that came out of a horror movie.

 

Deciding it was not worth it, Soonyoung turned his back to return to his own room. He jumped a bit as he heard a familiar voice coming from one of the room.

 

It was Jeonghan.

 

Come to think of it, the older male had moved to the first floor last year.

 

And he still have the habit of forgetting to close his door completely.

 

Rushing back so he wouldn’t have to face the man, Soonyoung sighed at the sight of his own room. Good, maybe he could take his mind of what happened by cleaning the trash that was the result of his oversleeping. Finally returning his bed to a more acceptable condition, he switched on the boiler and headed for a shower.

 

Feeling refreshed, Soonyoung alas managed to drink the hot chocolate he wanted to this evening. His phone buzzed a few minutes later, leaving a smile on his face.

 

Some of them already got into a fight with the senior :( I want to sleep in the omega dorm! - Dokyeom

 

Can we sneak you inside?

 

Soonyoung laid against the backrest waiting for a reply. That idea was a bit exciting. Sneaking an alpha inside. He tried to think of various way he can do so, like dressing him up, which was stupid since the appearance didn’t really matter. Or maybe spraying perfume on him to conceal his identity? No, the guards would know. What else? Through the window? But the tall fence…

 

Okay. Maybe the dorm was impenetrable by betas and alphas.

 

Which means, it was impossible for Wonwoo to-

 

Stop. He was just seeing things! He shouldn’t dig into it too much!

 

Getting annoyed, Soonyoung jumped on his bed.

 

It was impossible. Stop thinking!! ArghhH!!

 

…But Jeonghan’s room was there, right where Wonwoo disappeared.

 

No… That’s not possible…

 

But it was so much of a coincident that he just happened to see Wonwoo around there.

 

Jeonghan and Wonwoo were from the same pack.

 

Dammit. This was frustrating. He needed to make sure of it. If he didn’t see Wonwoo again the following week, he would just accept the fact the he actually mistook someone as his ex-lover.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

Dino finally made an appearance!!! Oh god, I didn’t notice I left him out of the fic T_T Poor baby.

And Hoshi liked Dokyeom’s teasing about babies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) OHOHOHOO!

 

Btw, I just had to write about BP cus my babies are awesome this comeback :3

 

This is a short update, I know. I actually planned it to be longer but it didn’t fit so I had to rearrange it! I’ll work on the next quickly! But it’ll probably take a while. I don’t want to rush things just for the sake of updating without caring about the storyline ^^;;

OMG 100 subscribers!!! Yayy!! Shout out to my lovely subs!!! <3<3

Anyways, as always, thank you for always supporting and loving this fic!!! Love you guys SO SO MUCHH!!!!! *flying kisses everywhere*