Ch 10: Confessions

Catching the Little Fox

 

The concert was one of the best experience Soonyoung had in his 20 years of life. They got quite a good seat, right in front of the stage. Not too near, and not too far either. It was just right. He could see every single movement and managed to catch the ball Onew threw from the stage. He screamed his heart out, and cheered along with the fans. Finally getting to become the voice he always heard in the video.

 

But things were about to get so much better. He was going backstage and see his idols up close. Maybe even talk to them if he was lucky. He waited patiently, behind Seokmin who was showing his pass to the bodyguards. He felt himself pulling Seokmin’s sleeve and fidgeting while waiting for the guard to do a final check but quickly released it when the latter looked back at him. Embarrassed.

 

They were lead to a door along with a few other people and he could hear the song playing from the inside. It was a backstage party. He got to party with Shinee!

 

Soonyoung felt excited and nervous at the same time. How should he act in front of them? Should he dance along or just watch them dance? Will they even dance? Or are they just going to drink and mingle with the few fans backstage? He kept on looking at Seokmin, asking about what he should do. He couldn’t contain his excitement and he just wanted to scream and jump around.

 

‘Don’t worry, just act normal like you always do.’

 

‘Got it. Act normal.’ He nodded and walked towards the party. And just his luck, Key walked passed him, also heading there. ‘Oh my god that’s Key!!’ he squealed and was about to scream and chase after him before feeling a hand on his mouth and another holding his waist, completely stopping his movement.

 

‘Okay. I’m wrong. You should definitely act cool. Like when you’re on stage.’

 

‘O…kay….’ Soonyoung nodded and looked at the alpha, hands squeezing the other’s on his chin. ‘Like this?’ he asked, his voice low.

 

‘Nope, that’s overdoing it.’

 

‘Like this?’ He raised his voice and asked again, eyes on Seokmin’s, hopeful.

 

‘Nope. Ermmm… you know. Like when you’re introducing your group on stage last time?’

 

‘Last time?’

 

‘The bar, remember?’

 

‘Owh yeah. Yeah. Okay. So… like this?’

 

‘Nice.’ Seokmin grabbed Soonyoung’s hand and lead him in. This was going to be tough, controlling this squishy guy so he won’t embarrass himself.

 

*****

 

Seokmin hummed to himself, waiting for the red light to turn green. He looked to his left towards the tired omega. He had his seat leaned back and was staring at the roof of the car, smiling to himself. Seokmin wondered if he realized how scared one of the members looked when the blonde sudd enly came up to him and grabbed his hand to shake hands. Seokmin had to hug him from the back and carry him away so that he would not get kicked out. Thankfully the guy did not remember his face due to the lighting of the room, and did not act weird when they introduced themselves later that evening.

 

‘You had fun?’

 

‘Very… I never imagined I’d ever get to see them in real life… their faces are just… flawless…’

 

‘Of course.’

 

‘Today feels like a dream…’ Seokmin smiled at himself. He made Soonyoung’s dream come true. Him. ‘Seokmin-ah…’

 

‘Yeah?’ He asked casually, eyes still on the road. They were entering the mountain road again so he had to focus.

 

‘Thank you.’ He felt a tight squeeze on his left hand. He took a peek, not making it too obvious, and found Soonyoung’s on his, just resting there, and he wished he had his left hand upside down so they can hold hands. The warmth disappear a few moment later and he found himself squeezing the gear knob, wanting more.

 

The dead silence was replaced by a familiar growl. A familiar, weird rhythmic growl. ‘Is it the dinner alarm?’

 

‘Yaah!’ He laughed when he felt Soonyoung’s knuckle on his shoulder. ‘Open your eyes and look at the road!’

 

Seokmin couldn’t help laughing again. This was just like yesterday, but somehow he felt as if something changed between them. And it was something warmer. And he liked it.

 

‘Alright Soonyoung-sshi. Should we go to the store to buy you some food?’

 

‘Yaah… why the sudden formality?’ Yup, something definitely changed.

 

‘You want food?’

 

‘STOP WITH THE FOOD TALK! WE HAVE MEAT!’

 

‘What if you die while waiting for the meat to cook? I can’t have you di-’ another knuckle followed by a harsh shaking of his shoulders. ‘Okay, okay! I get it. No food talk.’

 

‘We should get some beer. Or soju?’

 

‘You wanna drink?’ Seokmin suddenly remembered what Bam Bam told him. Get him drunk and sleep with him. Dammit Bam Bam. Now all he can think about is getting Soonyoung drunk and that wasn’t part of the plan.

 

‘Don’t you drink when you’re having barbecue?’

 

‘Yeah but…’

 

‘Can’t we?’ Seokmin sighed. Soonyoung was basically begging for alcohol and he couldn’t resist his fox begging. Not with that pout and that voice. But he really didn’t want to get drunk.

 

Well, they should be okay with just a few cans of beer right? He was really not that lightweight so they should be okay.

 

*****

 

Today Soonyoung realized he was good at lighting fires. ‘Call me Kwon Fire!!!’

 

Seokmin kept on laughing at him while cooking some side dishes inside and Soonyoung felt really happy. Today was perfect. He never thought he would be able to experience a normal trip like this. He never thought he could hang out with a friend like this. And an alpha at that.

 

His grandfather had always warn him about getting close with alphas, not wanting him to around as he put it. And then there were the towns people, who would look at him weird when they notice him being close with other omegas because of what his mother did. As a result, he never had any close friends to hang out with.

 

Whats more with all the curfews and house rules, he could never even stay out after school to join other activities. Internet cafes in the middle of the night was the only fun he had before he finally got the scholarship to study dancing at a college in Seoul.

 

It was there that he finally got to taste freedom.

 

He got to dance, and make friends with both alphas and omegas without being judged, he got to watch as many videos however long it is, whatever time it is. He even get to go home whenever he wanted to, blast his music as loud as he wanted using headphones without worrying that someone might call him. Go to bars, drink alcohol without constantly fearing that he would get caught.

 

And now, going on a trip, meeting his idols, and having his first ever barbecue.

 

He was wrong to think that Seokmin was only after him when the man clearly only wanted to be his friend. Guess all the social restrictions he had when he was young messed up his social skills. Tonight, they talked about a lot of things, drinking beers and eating meat like adults. This is what friends do right? Best friends? He never had a best friend. Seokmin could be his first.

 

Soonyoung noticed the fire getting weaker after a while and took care of it as quickly as he could. Opposite him, Seokmin stared at him in astonishment. ‘Look at that! You’re really good at making fire!!!’

 

‘It’s my first time!!!’

 

‘Nice! I at those! Whenever our family go camping, they would put me in charge of the fire. Then they would starve because I still couldn’t light it even after a few hours.’

 

‘Owh… that’s nice…’ Soonyoung looked at the cooked meat. He kept on flipping them over before Seokmin stopped him. Apparently the meat should only be flipped over once. Who knew?

 

‘So… do you guys go camping too? Or something like that?’ Seokmin tried to restart the conversation. He notice the other suddenly got quiet and felt guilty. Did he say something wrong?

 

‘When I was little… yeah. Something like that. They uh… they’re divorced so now I live with my grandparents.’ Soonyoung took a big gulp of the beer in his hands and ate the cooked meat on the plate. He felt the atmosphere getting tense and cursed himself. They were supposed to have a good time but he ruined it. ‘But it’s okay! My grandparents are great! They love me!’

 

He look at Seokmin who still had a sad face on him. He should change the topic. ‘So… you’re in the basketball team?’

 

‘Yeah! How did you know? Do I look like I play?’

 

Soonyoung divert his gaze elsewhere and slurp the beer in his hand. How should he explain it without telling the man about his part time job? He still desire to keep that info private. ‘I uh… I thought I saw you in the city with your team? You wore that blue jacket.’

 

‘Owh yeah!! Didn’t realize you were there! Would definitely said hi!’


‘No worries.’ He suddenly remembered something. That pretty lady the alpha was with. They seemed pretty close. Are they like, an item?

 

‘Hani-sshi? No!! She’s our manager!! I’m still single! Seokmin made sure to face the omega when emphasizing the last word. He wanted to read the reaction of the other. Was it relief? Shock? Hopefulness? All he saw was a dazed Soonyoung, face already red. Was he drunk already? Since they were already on the topic, he should do it. He should confess.

 

Soonyoung seemed drunk enough to forget it if he was rejected so he got nothing to lose. Here goes nothing-

 

‘You seemed like you’d be popular.’

 

‘No…’ Damn he missed the timing.

 

‘Why not? You’re funny and nice. And not bad looking.’

 

‘Not bad looking?’ He lifted one brow and stared at the Soonyoung who kept on stuffing his mouth.

 

‘I mean, you… you look good.’

 

‘I look good?’

 

‘Fine. You’re kinda handsome but most people don’t agree with my taste in people so maybe you’re only kinda handsome to me. Get it?’

 

Seokmin felt his ears getting red from the compliment. Soonyoung just called him handsome. Maybe he does have a chance anyway. He heard Soonyoung clearing his throat and shoving another piece of meat into his mouth. And Seokmin did the same thing, drinking his beer and shoving another meat into his mouth. This was it. He should confess to Soonyoung. But now was too sudden, he needed a good flow.

 

‘What about you? You seemed like you’d be popular too…’

 

Soonyoung almost chocked himself listening to what Seokmin just said. ‘Really? Why?’

 

‘I mean you looked very y on stage and while you’re dancing. And you’re cute so…’ There it is. A blushing Soonyoung. His favourite Soonyoung. This was good, he should direct the conversation so he can finally confess without it being awkward. ‘Don’t tell me, you don’t have someone?’

 

There was a pause and Seokmin took it as a good sign. He had cornered his fox and now it’s time to say it. What he wanted to say for a long time. ‘That’s great cus I-’

 

‘I kinda have someone…’

 

‘Y-you what?’ Seokmin unconsciously squeezed the can in his hand, making it spill all over the table. There was a bit of a commotion in Soonyoung’s part as he struggled to find a paper towel to wipe the beer off of Seokmin but the latter was just sitting there, stunned. He did not expect that answer. He did not expect Soonyoung to have someone. Because they…

 

Because they slept together just a few months ago.

 

Was he a few months too late?

 

‘Yaah!!! Are you overreacting again? Is me having someone that shocking?’ He felt Soonyoung slapping his face lightly, playfully. He was smiling brightly, the smile he had when he saw Shinee today. Was it because of that someone?

 

‘You have a girlfriend? Or boyfriend?’ He looked at Soonyoung who was sipping the soju straight from the bottle. He seemed restless but that was how Seokmin should have reacted. HE was the one who was supposed to take that big gulp of alcohol because this was all hard to accept.

 

‘I… I dunno… I guess I kinda have uhm… boyfriend.’

 

‘What’s that supposed to mean? Kinda? You don’t know?’ He was pushing it. He realized that but he needed to know this. He needed to hear that word coming from Soonyoung. That he has a lover and that Seokmin should give up. Because what he was hearing right now was that he has a rival and he should claim HIS fox as fast as he can.

 

‘It’s complicated. I mean, he confessed and I told him I liked him back but… we’re not official.’

 

‘What are you then?’

 

‘I dunno…’ Soonyoung sighed. He really didn’t know what they are. They like each other, they both know it, but they’re not really dating. So what are they? They go on dates, sometimes they hug and hold hands, cuddle but no kissing, or anything like that. They are still a new couple so maybe that was a bit too fast but...they’re not really a couple, they do not call each other boyfriends or lovers. But they act like one, calling each other until late at night, messaging each other daily. They are comfortable with each other. They are definitely more than friends.

 

‘I’m confused. You guys aren’t dating? Aren’t a couple? So are you still courting each other?’ Seokmin realized he was raising his voice but he couldn’t help it. He was mad. Not at Soonyoung, but at the other guy who was keeping his fox confused. What the hell was the guy trying to do? It was either dating or not. Lovers or not. There shouldn’t be anything in between. If the guy was not ready to take the responsibility to be Soonyoung’s lover then he should let go. And let other people have their chance.

 

Soonyoung opened another can of beer and gulped it down, eyes wandering around, avoiding Seokmin’s gaze. ‘Courting? Maybe… yeah we still are… I guess…’

 

‘So you mean there’s still a chance for me?’

 

‘What?’

 

‘I like you Kwon Soonyoung. I really like you. And if that bastard refuse to stand his ground and date you, I want to.’

 

‘He’s not a bastard Seokmin. You’re being rude.’ Soonyoung was shocked to hear that. But he didn’t want to let the alpha realized it and tried to divert to conversation. He hoped Seokmin would give up if he pretended he didn’t hear the confession.

 

‘Soonyoung, I like you. I really like you.’

 

‘I’m full. We need to store this for tomorrow.’

 

Seokmin could only watched as the omega hurriedly took all the uncooked meat and rushed inside. ‘Soonyoung…’

 

 

Soonyoung rushed to put the meat in the fridge and went straight to the bathroom. He didn’t know what to do. He had a hunch that something like this was going to happen but just yesterday they were just two friends going on a trip together.

 

And he thought that was what they were. Friends.

 

That he was mistaken in thinking that Seokmin had feelings for him.

 

But he was wrong. And the alpha just confessed. And he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to lock himself in his room but he couldn’t. Because his body was burning and that confession from Seokmin ignited something in him. He knew he shouldn’t felt this way. That he shouldn’t have reacted this way.

 

But that serious face, that determined yet gentle voice, turned him on.

 

‘ Soonyoung! You already have someone!!’ He closed his eyes and greeted his teeth, leaning against the cold bathroom wall, trying to convince himself to calm down. He realized he was releasing his pheromones and was afraid that the alpha might notice.

 

Seokmin’s pheromones. He was releasing more than he should because he got worked up and Soonyoung’s body was only replying to it. That was it! He didn’t have this hard-on because he was by the other’s confession. Yes. It was not because of the words coming from that handsome face.

 

No. He was not handsome. This was only the alcohol talking.

 

‘Soonyoung…’

 

Damn it that voice. Shut up.

 

‘Kwon Soonyoung…’

 

Shut up….

 

‘I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…’

 

Damnit Lee Seokmin!!

 

 

Seokmin leaned against the wall next to the bathroom door. Soonyoung had been inside for a while now and he was worried that maybe he pushed too hard that the omega felt the need to hide from him. That was not what he wanted. Even if he was rejected, he had hoped that the man would let him down clearly. Maybe get angry at him. It would’ve been better if he had told him he hated him.

 

But this reaction was different from what he had imagined. What if he felt desperate, after being brought to an isolated place and confessed to, rather persistently, and realizing that there was no where to escape. What if he ran towards the woods at night trying to get away?

 

‘Soonyoung-ah…’

 

Click. He heard the door unlocked and turned his face to look at the blonde. His looked different. He was no longer the soft-looking Kwon Soonyoung he had spend the last two days with. He looked like…

 

‘Soonyou-umphh’ He felt a familiar lips attacking his own. Forcefully trying to gain access. And despite him being taken aback, he allowed the tongue to explore his mouth, his also fighting for dominance. The hand on his neck was pulling hard, not allowing him to escape while another was on the wall, supporting the omega who was trapping him.

 

‘Soon… young…’ He tried to talk in between kisses. He needed to know what this means. Does this mean that the omega accepted his feelings? Or is this what people call break-up ? Or rather, goodbye ?

 

‘Soonyoung!’ He finally managed free himself and held the man’s head tightly away from his. ‘What’re we doing? Wha-’

 

‘Shut up.’ he felt the hard on rubbing on his own and closed his eyes. His body shivered as he felt Soonyoung’s breath on his hand, kissing them, loosening the grip he had on his head. He felt hot breath making its way towards his neck, jaw, and finally settling back towards his lips. Their lips fitting together like puzzle pieces.

 

‘You’re so hot.’

 

Ahh… he was drunk. He remembered this man. The one he bedded a few months ago. The provocative drunk Kwon Hoshi.

 

Seokmin gave in and pushed Soonyoung away from him before carrying him towards his room and banging the omega on the door, their body rocking together, their rubbing roughly.

 

If this was going to be their last night together, he was going to take it. He knew he was taking advantage of the omega but screw that. He wanted this. Even if he became the bad guy, he was going to do it.

 

He was going to take him for the last time before giving up completely.

 

 


To be continued

Seokmin wanted it so bad. Like calm down boi!!

Anyways what did you think about the chapter? There was definitely a start pf a drama there as promised :D and the beginning of an [M] rated chapter. :D

ANYWAYSS CLAP!!!! HOSHI LOOKS AMAZING!!! His red hair and all his screen time and solo and he just stood out!!! Hoshi get it!!! I wanna buy the physical album so bad!!! AND DK,MINGYU N JUN’S ‘HELLO’ IS IN THE ALBUM!!! DK’s vocal!! 😍😍😍