Ch 18: Sleeping Habits

Catching the Little Fox

 

Hearing Seokmin’s voice, Soonyoung snuggled closer to the pillow in his arm, telling the alpha not to disturb his sleep. He groaned when the man kept talking, a bit annoyed. He was conversing with someone and Soonyoung wanted to tell him to get out of bed but he was too comfortable to open his eyes.

 

‘Hoshi-yah!’ He called out and Soonyoung’s eyes opened, a bit surprised that Seokmin called him by his fake name. His heart beat quickly as he waited for the man to finally confront him about his lie when they first met. He thought Seokmin already forgot about it but obviously he was wrong. Maybe the alpha was waiting for him to explain himself and apologize all this while and he finally had enough. What should he do if Seokmin got angry with him right now?

 

‘One jajangmyeon please.’ Soonyoung swallowed hard and tried to smile even though the room was dark and he was facing the other way so Seokmin wouldn’t be able to see it. Maybe the alpha was only feeling cranky because he was hungry. Soonyoung should at least give him food to ease his anger to avoid any unwanted conflict. ‘I don’t like spicy.’

 

‘O-okay… You w-want it now?’ He looked outside the window. It was covered by the curtain but there was no light seeping through so it was still dark. Where would he get jajangmyeon at night?

 

‘Lot’s of good food. Uhummm.’ Soonyoung laughed awkwardly in the dark, not knowing how to react. He was still lying on the bed, secretly waiting for Seokmin to reject his offer so he can go back to sleep but the man seemed really hungry and now he was asking for more food. Where would he get more food at this time? ‘Yihiit! Yihiit!’

 

Soonyoung froze at the sudden weird sound and laid still, too afraid to move. He just noticed the fact that there was no movement from the other side of the bed despite the other talking to him. And what was with that incomprehensible noise that Seokmin just made? This was too scary. He might not watch many horror movies but he watched enough to imagine something uncomfortable. Seokmin could be out of the bed, staring at him like in Paranormal Activities and waiting for him to react before doing something to him. He could be a psycho whose crazy appear at night. Or he could be conversing with the devil and Soonyoung just interrupted them. Owh how he wanted to get out of the room right now…

 

‘Akita…’ Soonyoung couldn’t take it and switched on the bedside lamp before moving to the edge of and looked to the other side of the bed. To his surprise, Seokmin was still stiff in his sleep with his eyes closed. He didn’t show any signs of waking up either, and that only succeeded in fueling the other’s fear as he wondered whose voice he had been hearing. ‘… no thank you.’ He stared at the alpha when he realized what was happening. It was just a bad case of sleep-talking, something very new to him.

 

Soonyoung moved in closer and stared at the peaceful sleeping face. He wondered if the man was just pretending to sleep or if he really was. Bringing his index finger slowly, he inserted it into the alpha’s nose, trying to stop his breath. Seokmin responded by slapping his hand away and turning his whole body towards his little attacker before continuing to say some random stuff that did not make any sense. Relieved, the omega finally relaxed his muscles and sat back down to listen at the man’s blabber. It was funny and Soonyoung laughed as he tried to make sense of the dream the man was seeing. Pulling his knees up and resting his head on them, he kept his gaze at the relaxed man who now has a really bright smile. He smiled back, finding it contagious.

 

‘Soft hair Hoshi… so fluffy… whoosh…’ Soonyoung felt himself blushing as he brought his left hand to his head, trying to feel his own hair. It was not soft at all, which reminded him that he forgot to shower the whole day. Come to think of it, he also didn’t have a decent meal today, aside from the crackers since he was a feeling a bit picky. ‘Here, eat plenty of meat… not ramen!’

 

Groooowl…’My god, Seokmin. Shut up.’ He whispered, annoyed at the man for reminding him of food. Now he was getting hungry.

 

‘So juicy… Yummy.’ Soonyoung rolled his eyes and covered his ears. The alpha was making eating noise and kept on commenting on the piece of meat he was having in his dream, making Soonyoung drooled just imagining it. He folded the pillow behind his head and again, covered both his ears to block that torturous sound. That didn’t help either. He finally got up and pushed the alpha aggressively, to wake him up and silent him.

 

‘Wha-What?’ Seokmin shook his head quickly, looking around, ‘Owh… hey. You need anything? What time is it?’ He mumbled half asleep. Soonyoung couldn’t help but smile at that question.

 

‘No. Nothing. Sorry.’

 

‘Owh. Okay….’ He replied, already sleeping away, silently this time. Soonyoung only stared at the man beside him, amazed at how he could breath so quietly with his mouth opened that wide. He softly pushed the jaw up, just to see if the man would be affected, and let go. The mouth opened again and Soonyoung repeated it a few times. Giggling by himself with his silent revenge to the man for disturbing his sleep, he decided that was enough playing for a night. He turned the light off and laid back down.

 

 

The room was a bit cold.

 

 

Seokmin’s side was warmer. Maybe it was because Soonyoung’s was nearer to the window. He needed to move further back.

 

A little more…

 

Perfect. He stopped once he felt the heat close to his body. Now he can finally fell asleep embraced by that warm scent.

 

*****

 

‘What did you dream about last night?’ Soonyoung asked as Seokmin got dressed from the shower. He thought hard about it but couldn’t remember what he dreamed about. ‘Must’ve been a really good dream. You kept talking about meat all night.’

 

‘Did I?’ He must have been really tired then, because he is usually a very silent sleeper. He only sleep-talk sometimes, whenever he was physically drained, according to his parents’ observation that is. But not every time so he really have no idea when he would do it.

 

‘Don’t people usually just snore? Talking makes you more tired…’ Seokmin shrugged at that question. It was still a mystery to him. ‘You’re weird.’

 

‘Yaah, what about you? You sometimes grab me and keep on pecking my face in your sleep. What do YOU dream about?’ He asked back, lifting one of his brow to tease the other.

 

‘What’re you talking about? Ah..haha…’ Soonyoung laughed awkwardly at the absurd question. He definitely did NOT do that. Never.

 

‘Sometimes I’d wake up from the squeaking sound and it’ll turn out to be you trying to kiss something while hugging the pillow. And you’ll keep on doing it until you’re tired.’ Okay, that explanation was very detailed. Soonyoung’s mouth opened as he tried to think of something to reply but to no avail. Does he really have that weird sleeping habit? He never slept in the same room with anyone before Seokmin, not even with his grandparents, so nobody ever told him anything about it. That was really disturbing to hear.

 

‘Don’t worry… You don’t do it every night. Thank god.’ Seokmin pretended to be annoyed and opened a bottled water to wet his throat. It was so dry when he woke up this morning. ‘You’ll stop after a kiss…’ he trailed the statement as he saw the raven-haired blushed.

 

Seokmin simpered at the appearance of the tomato red Soonyoung and looked away as he felt like blushing as well. He wondered why they still do that with each other when both of them didn’t care about shame when they were getting physical. Whatever the reason was, he liked it. The alpha looked at the clock, minding the time as he needed to get to his class. There was still an hour and a half.

 

‘So… do you have any classes today?’ Seokmin frowned a bit as Soonyoung looked at him abruptly before narrowing his already small eyes as if he was mad at him. He tilted his head because he didn’t know what he did wrong and opened his hand slightly to emphasize his question.

 

‘Omegas get to rest during heat.’ Seokmin opened his mouth in realization and covered it with his mouth. Of course they have to rest! He read about it somewhere but he forgot about it since there was no omega in his class or around him besides his mom, who is a full-time housewife, and his two grandmothers who don’t have their heats anymore. He glanced back at the omega, only to be greeted by the same skeptical stare.

 

‘Owh yeah. I forgot about it! Did you register your heat yet?’ He tried to change the subject, saving himself from that stare.

 

‘Omo! Not yet!’ Soonyoung stood up for a few second before sitting down again and rubbed his face. ‘Arghh! I forgot to bring my computer!’ He messed with his hair in frustration.

 

‘There’s a rental computer section on the first floor… do you wanna go?'

 

Soonyoung considered that idea really thoroughly. It was already his third day so his waves were getting more and more frequent but ten minutes would not do any harm. However, he could stumble upon someone he knows downstairs. What if Jeonghan was here too? He had no idea when the older’s heat was. It was possible that they coincide with his, and considering the fact the his senior was already with a mate, he will most probably spend his heat at this facility too, if his mate had no place of his own. Or what if he saw Wonwoo’s best friend who was notorious for his one night stands? Jun could take advantage of this place to use it as a love hotel to do his business with some random omegas. If the man were to see Soonyoung here, it would mean death to his and Wonwoo’s relationship…

 

‘Soonyoung? You listening?’

 

‘Huh? Urmm… yeah… I don’t really want to go out…’ He made some excuse. He had no idea how he would use the internet right now though….

 

‘Owh… what should we do then…?’ Seokmin look around, ‘Here. You can use my phone.’ He passed the device to the omega.

 

Soonyoung thanked the alpha as he grabbed the bigger smartphone and struggled to figure out how to operate it. With a little help and simple explanation from the owner, he finally managed to open the internet and got excited with his little accomplishment, to which the other laughed lightly. ‘I’m going down for breakfast. What do you want?’

 

‘Jajangmyeon.’

 

‘O…kay. Jajangmyeon for breakfast…’ Soonyoung just grinned widely at the confused male and waved to him as he made his way out. He then proceeded to open the school web and keyed in his student ID. He almost forgot it was Monday and that he had a test today. He might be charged as missing class if he forgot to register his heat. Thank god Seokmin reminded him about it.

 

Done with the task, he was left with nothing to do. He looked at the phone and wondered how people prefer this over flip phones. Aside from the internet, there was really nothing better. This was obviously hard to navigate with only one button, not to mention the small keypad and the screen changing with just a slight touch. It took him a while to figure out where the ‘back’ button was after he accidentally touched an application. Playing around to waste time, he clicked on the camera icon, remembering the beautiful pictures Seokmin took with the phone in comparison to his. Selfies must look really good with this.

 

Turning the phone around and holding it further above him, he did a piece sign and looked around for a back mirror to find the perfect angle. To his disappointment, there was none. Not only that, the buttons did not take pictures either. The only way it could be snapped was by touching the middle ‘button’ which was hard to do once the phone turned away from him. Not giving up, he tried a few angles to take the perfect selfies but most of them were failures. He was only satisfied with one. Finally bored with the big phone, he placed them on the desk and got in the shower. He needed to wash up before breakfast arrives.

 

*****

 

Seokmin rushed towards the opposite building, he was almost late for the pharmacology class due to the sudden change of lecture hall. He only discovered the change after realizing the new faces which kept showing up into the empty classroom he was waiting in. That was for not checking the school notice board frequently. Almost tripping, he looked around for the silver mop of hair and sat down beside the man, catching his breath. He was only a few steps earlier than his lecturer, fortunately. 

 

‘And where have you been, Lee Seokmin-sshi?’ Bam Bam inquired and Seokmin could sense the resentment in that voice. He mouthed a ‘what’ and took out his notes, fully aware of the accusing look his friend was giving him. He furrowed his eyebrows and finally turned to voice out the question. ‘You stood me up.’

 

‘When?’

 

‘Shining Diamond bar last night? You didn’t even reply my messages you bastard.’ Seokmin slapped his forehead lightly when he remembered that plan. One of the hottest omega in the whole campus had her birthday celebration at the bar last night and Bam Bam, as usual, was planning to 'get to know her further', as he phrased it. It was not a big deal, but the other had been bugging him for the past few weeks, and even bribed him with a ticket for an anime convention next month.

 

‘Owh man! Sorry! How did it go?’

 

'The omega-looking alpha got to her first. That little . He even dare to give me that stupid smirk when they left.' The man continued his complaints and shot dissatisfied beam towards the other. 'You could've distracted him bastard. You don't deserve that ticket.'

 

‘Mianhaeee.’ He trailed the end of the word to emphasize his feeling. He then turned back to face the lecturer to avoid anymore blame. Bam Bam will never let this rest, he could sense it. The man will have his revenge and that scared Seokmin. Thankfully, his friend was as diligent in his studies just as he was active in sleeping around. At least he get to focus on the class for a while before returning to hear Bam Bam’s complaints.

 

 

‘I smell the omega.’ Bam Bam stated plainly as they made their way to the convenient store for lunch after the class ended. Seokmin turned to him wide eyed. ‘I’ll let you go if you tell me what you did. erted stuff?’ He smirked teasingly.

 

‘Yaah.’

 

‘Owh .’ He clapped his hands and laughed out loud, much to Seokmin’s embarrassment. ‘So I guess he finally broke up?’

 

‘Not really…’

 

‘What? Didn’t I tell you-’

 

‘...heat…’ Seokmin instantly regretted saying it. Not because he was ashamed of it, but because it was a very private thing for Soonyoung, and he just told other people about it. He and his blabber mouth.

 

‘Don’t he have his boyfriend for that? Why did he look for you anyway?’ Bam Bam did not looked pleased. Seokmin knew he had a distaste of the omega since he told the man about their ‘friendship’. But, to be fair, Seokmin was the one who suggested it and Soonyoung rejected it at first. And after a little brain-wash and luck, Soonyoung finally agreed to it.

 

‘His boyfriend is a conservative beta.’ He answered honestly.

 

‘Church boy?’ Seokmin shrugged at the question, not knowing the answer either. In fact, he didn’t know who his rival was. The only thing he knew was the man was a beta, and his dorm was closer to Soonyoung’s, so he can only assume he is either an engineering student, or a science student. Maybe even architecture. And that narrows it to more than a few hundred people.

 

‘Poor omega.’ Bam Bam finally calmed down and looked at the snacks section. He halted his movement suddenly and turned to face Seokmin, ‘What the hell were you doing in today's lecture then??’

 

‘What else? I can’t miss any class... duhh.’

 

‘Are you going to keep coming to classes when he’s in the room alone waiting for you?’

 

Seokmin finally understood the shocked and disappointed gaze Soonyoung had when he headed out the room this morning. But there was nothing he could do, he still need to attend his classes, ‘What do you expect me to do?’

 

‘Register for heat?’

 

‘I’m not an omega though…’

 

‘Jesus Dokyeom-ah!!! You can register for heat as a mate! You don’t expect mated omegas to go through their heats alone right?’

 

‘We’re not mates though…’

 

‘Urghh Dokyeom. You’re so smart how come you’re clueless when it comes to these stuffs.’ Bam Bam stared at the ceiling as he mutter the sentence, clearly frustrated. ‘We can still use it. Everyone gets at most two weeks off to take care of their omegas. You don’t have to be mates. Orientation, remember?’

 

‘Owh…’ No, he didn’t remember anything regarding mates. But he knew that he needed to rush back to their room right now. He just made a grave mistake.

 

*****

 

Soonyoung stared at the curtain, bored to death. There was nothing good on the television, and he had no favourite shows either so he switched it off once it started to get annoying. He could feel another wave coming but Seokmin was being a jerk and left him alone although he gave his word to take care of the omega during his heat. So Soonyoung wanted to wait for the fool to come back to keep his promise. He flipped open his phone to see if there were any messages from the alpha. He was surprised to found a few from Wonwoo instead. They came yesterday but he was too preoccupied to notice.

 

Soonyoung-ah. Sorry if I sounded so harsh… U know I like u right? :3 - Cheeseburger

 

That was sent early in the morning. The next were sent in the evening.

 

I passed ur favourite pudding to Jeonghan-hyung. U didn’t open the door so he’s keeping it for now. Get it whenever u want ^^ - Cheeseburger

 

Let’s go for a date once u’re done! I’ll do whatever u want! - Cheeseburger

 

I’ll stop messaging u nows~ take care! - Cheeseburger

 

Soonyoung stared at the texts a few times reading it over and over again, to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him. He then checked back the contact information, to make sure it was from Wonwoo and that he didn’t make a mistake when changing the contact name.

 

He might have only gone through heat three times since he knew the beta, but the man never ‘bothered’ him during the last two times. Of course, the first time they were still courting each other, and the second time happened during the break, but considering Wonwoo’s reactions every time the subject came up, it was obvious he really take the ‘no contact’ rule really seriously. In fact, too serious that Soonyoung sometimes feel disgusted with himself for having to go through it. Because Wonwoo seemed as if he didn’t like it when Soonyoung does.

 

But he was obviously wrong. The man do care. His messages was not showing any contempt at all. On the contrary, he seemed like he wanted to comfort Soonyoung and keep him motivated. He did feel bad after their telephone conversation ended with him crying his heart out.

 

And yet, Soonyoung was here, waiting for another man to return and take care of him.

 

. He was so messed up. Wonwoo was probably very worried yesterday, waiting for his reply. He didn’t even realize it because he was too intoxicated by the alpha.

 

*****

 

Seokmin stopped by a cafe first before returning to Soonyoung with fresh sandwiches and Americanos. He felt bad about leaving the omega alone on his third day without thinking and hoped that the food was enough to make up for it because Soonyoung did not seem to like the menus offered on the first floor restaurant. Then, as fast as he could, returned to their room, wondering if Soonyoung was going to attack him like he always do, or if he was sulking instead.

 

It was the latter. His scent was really strong and yet Soonyoung was curled up against the wall, hiding his face. Feeling a bit guilty, he sat in front of the omega. ‘Hey… what’s wrong?’

 

‘I can’t do this…’ The alpha tensed at that answer. He didn’t expect this sudden change from just leaving the man for a few hours. ‘I’m scared people will find out about us. Let’s stop.’

 

‘What are you talking about? Is it because I left you this morning? I’m sorry…’



’No, it’s not that…’ Soonyoung looked at him with a deep frown. He was sweating a lot and Seokmin figured he was just speaking nonsense because of the intense condition he was in. Heck, Seokmin was affected the moment he entered the room and if not for the omega being like this, he would have been the one who attack the man. Clearly, Soonyoung had been experiencing this wave for a while so he was probably just feeling emotional. ‘…I can’t be here.’

 

‘You wanna go back?’

 

‘I don’t wanna go back!!’ Soonyoung cried suddenly and grabbed the alpha, burying his face on the chest, ‘I wanna be with you…’

 

Seokmin rubbed his head lightly, trying to understand what the omega wanted. He was not making any sense. ‘We can only be together here…’

 

‘What if his friends see me?? What should I do?? What should I do? This is a mistake. Sorry, Seokmin.’ Soonyoung pushed himself and stood up to pack his stuffs. He should get back before Jeonghan gets suspicious and tells Wonwoo. He needed to get that pudding.

 

Seokmin stared at the distressed omega with a frown. He didn’t like what Soonyoung suggested at all. He didn’t mind just being the ‘other guy’, as long as he gets to be with him. It was pure luck that Soonyoung’s ‘boyfriend’ was not the physical type, but he didn’t get this far by simply leaving it to mere fate either.

 

‘... what am I doing? How can I do that to him? Stupid…’ He looked at Soonyoung muttering nonsense to himself while looking for his stuffs. He was still emitting his pheromones but it looked as if he didn’t even realize it anymore. Seokmin couldn’t bear watching any longer and pulled the man tightly towards himself. The slightly shorter man gasped in shock before struggling to get himself free but the former refused to let go. He didn’t cause this. Soonyoung wouldn’t act like this because he left. That beta must have said something to him that messed with his thoughts. Dammit.

 

‘Listen. What if we’re not here? How’s that sound?’ He cajoled the frantic man. He didn’t have any plans but he needed to solve this quickly before the omega leave him for good. To his relief, Soonyoung stopped fighting and looked up to him with a confused expression. He was ready to listen. Because deep inside, he didn’t want to stop either but the thought that he might lose Wonwoo was too much for him to handle right now.

 

‘Let’s go somewhere during your heat.’ Seokmin closed his eyes to think of something. He didn’t have his own place that they can go to, and even then, he doubt Soonyoung would take the risk of stumbling upon an acquaintance living outside campus. The only other solution was…’Trips! You like trips right? We’ll go somewhere further, away from anyone we know.’

 

‘Going to a trip during my heat is a bit…’ he answered weakly, but that was enough for Seokmin. It showed that he was willing to accept that idea.

 

‘We’ll plan it ahead… don’t you have a tracker or something?’

 

Soonyoung nodded, ‘But recently it’s not accurate.’

 

‘It won’t matter. I’ll take care of you anyways. We just don’t have to be here, right?’ He asked for confirmation. He had no clue how this is going to turn out; he will burnt that bridge when he get to it.

 

Soonyoung nodded and tried to recompose himself. After a while, he hugged the alpha back, finally feeling relaxed after what felt like an eternity of madness. Somehow Seokmin always know how to calm him down, with his soothing voice uttering words of comfort just as his pheromones blanketing him in warmth and security. ‘You’ll get to eat good food too…’ He replied, remembering the sleep-talk last night.

 

Seokmin laughed at the playful reply. ‘Yes. I’ll get to eat good food. You’ll get to scream in the car. Perfect.’

 

‘I don’t scream.’

 

‘Sorry. I meant sing.’ He laughed as Soonyoung pushed him and let himself fall on the bed. That was mentally exhausting and he was glad it was over. Exhaling in relief, he let the omega climb on top of him as he was finally ready to be taken care of.

 

Seokmin made a mental note to not leave the other alone during his heat. He thought omegas only needed physical and emotional attention but he was wrong. If Soonyoung was to mentally break down again in his absence, that could actually be the end of their very delicate relationship.

 

 

To be continued…

 

Fluff and slight angst! DK really had a shock there >.< Poor alpha, he only wanted to study.
Also, Hoshi still couldn’t let go of the guilt. He still refuse to choose, but to be fair, he does have social insecurities. Wonu’s his first lover after all, and he’s confused so don’t be too hard on him guys!

 

And as it happens, DK is only with him during his weakest emotional state so DK has to endure the roller coaster ride ^^;;

Hoshi’s not emotional guys. He’s normal. Every omegas get emotional during heat so it’s not only him!

 

Welcome new subscriber!!! 

Anyway, as always, thank you for commenting and reading guys!!! LOVE YOU!!! <3<3