Ch 13: Nest

Catching the Little Fox

 

Soonyoung started to squirm in bed, his body already starting to heat up. He shifted his position to meet the man behind him but to no luck. What used to be Seokmin’s sleeping body was now just an empty space.

 

‘Seokmin?’ He sat abruptly, shocked. It was still nighttime, where did Seokmin go? Did he left him? Judging from the cold spot, he had been gone for a while now. ‘Seokmin? Dokyeom-ah?’

 

Soonyoung panicked and got out of bed, bringing the blanket with him in case something happens and he has to go out. He did not want to scream but was restless. Opening the door, he was relieved to find the man laying on the sofa, just watching some anime on the television. ‘There you are! Thank god…’

 

Seokmin didn’t seem to notice him and Soonyoung felt needy. Without really thinking, he placed himself on top of the alpha and laid there with his head on the other’s chest, startling the man. ‘Owh Hos-Soonyoung! You’re up!’

 

‘What’re you doing?’

 

‘Naruto’s playing! I’ve watched this though…’ He replied casually, trying to compose himself by placing one of his hands on the other’s head to play with the blond’s hair. Although unintentional, the action made Soonyoung snuggle closer and almost purr in satisfaction. Owh how he needed to be touched right now. ‘Why’re you up? Wait… do you-? Are you? Now?’

 

Seokmin pushed the omega lightly so the man was seated facing him. He noticed the scent, but it was not as strong as it was before. And they just did it a few hours ago, so Soonyoung should be fine for now. So as much as Seokmin enjoyed the sudden cuddle, he couldn’t help but wonder why. This annoyed the latter who let his head fall behind him, acting dramatic to proof his point. ‘Are you ?’

 

‘YAAAH!’ Soonyoung pulled the alpha’s left ear causing the man to scream at the sudden pain. ‘I’m not!’

 

‘Mianhaeee!!!’ the man whined, wanting the blond to let go of his grip on his ear. ‘Hurts.’

 

Soonyoung let go of the said part and fell back onto the chest, enjoying the scent, not even bothering to look up at Seokmin. He was burying his nose in between the man’s neck and jaw, enjoying the warmth. Seokmin’s scent makes him cozy and comfortable. He felt a pair of hands encircling him, pulling him closer. And the pheromones enveloping him getting stronger, successfully calming the heat he was denying. ‘What’re you doing?’

 

‘Alphas can do that you know. They can calm their omegas during heat long enough to take care of their basic needs.’

 

‘Really?’ Soonyoung looked up to Seokmin whose eyes still glued to the television. His nose is so sharp and long, his nostrils big enough to fit his fingers. Which was what Soonyoung did. He put one of his fingers inside that nostril out of curiousity.

 

‘What’re you doing now?’

 

‘Wondering how big your nostrils are…’ He got a chuckle and laughed along. Just why did he do that exactly? He had no idea. ‘Can all alphas do that?’

 

‘I don’t think so. Everyone used to be able to do that but now we have frozen food so you don’t really need that much of preparation time. So I guess alphas don’t need to know that anymore…’

 

‘But you do?’

 

‘Cus I’m a nerd.’

 

‘Anime nerd.’

 

‘Otaku.’ He corrected and Soonyoung nodded, pretending not to know. In truth, he was an otaku himself, and Naruto was one of his favourite anime. And this was his first time paying attention to something other than the anime.

 

He was focusing on Seokmin’s scent and it scared him how calming and complete it was making him feel.

 

 

*****

 

Soonyoung woke in shock again after discovering that Seokmin was gone and upon further inspection, found that the car was too. He walked in circles, biting his thumbnail while panicking. His belongings were still here but Seokmin was rich enough to buy new ones if he wanted too.

 

After half an hour walking around like a madman, Soonyoung decided to call the alpha. He called and called, more than enough, but the man did not answer. And the messages were left unreplied.

 

‘… this is not happening!’ Soonyoung felt his breathing getting heavy. He sat on the floor, leaning in between the sofa and the wall, bringing his knees to his chest.

 

Did Seokmin decided he was too much work and left him? Was he bad enough in bed that the alpha thought he was not worth it? Was his inexperience the reason the man left?

 

Did Seokmin threw him away? After using his body?

 

No, Seokmin was not like that. They were good last night. The man promised to take care of him.

 

He promised…

 

*****

 

Seokmin looked at the fresh fruits and vegetables he just bought along all the other groceries. This should be enough for another week. He nodded in satisfaction and put it in the car. Just as he was about to go back, he remembered about the shirts and boxers he was planning to buy earlier. Both of them did not bring enough for the extended trip and he was too lazy to wash them.

 

It was still early, and judging by how late Soonyoung usually wake up, and their intense love-making last night, the omega should still be sleeping like a log. Yes, love-making, because he likes the word and there was no Bam Bam to judge him.

 

Seokmin drove to the nearest retail shop which was almost an hour away and picked up something comfortable for both of them. He personally likes big clothing, and he likes to see the other wear loose shirts too. Because he just look tinier than he really is and Seokmin finds that adorable. Feeling a little cheesy, he bought two shirts of the same patterns in different colours to make them couple shirts.

 

Finally done with shopping, he returned to the car. It was still a bit early but if he can have the omega cook the rice before his arrival, they would be able to have breakfast faster. He looked around for his phone to no avail. It was not in his pockets, nor the seats or on the floor, it was not even in the compartment.

 

He forgot his phone. It was still charging in silent mode.

 

*****

 

Seokmin opened the door with Soonyoung literally jumping on him and burying his face in his chest, just like last time. ‘Are you gonna greet me like this everytime?’

 

‘I thought you left me…’ He heard sniffles and felt bad. He knew omegas are emotionally weak during their heat but he just assumed the man wouldn’t be awake to notice his absence. He should have at least wake him up to tell him about his short trip.

 

‘I told you I wouldn’t, didn’t I?’ He felt the nod and hugged the man’s head, rocking it left and right to annoy him, which he did. Soonyoung pushed him and stared intently, making him gulped nervously. He was really mad, and Seokmin didn’t want to know what he might do to him. Because although he could win over the omega physically, the guy can bite. And he bites hard. His jaw still stinging from the bite yesterday being the proof.

 

‘You didn’t answer your phone! Was that intentional? Are you purposely driving me crazy?’

 

‘I left it here… look.’ he pointed beside the television where he plugged in his phone. ‘Charging.’

 

‘It didn’t ring.’ Soonyoung crossed his hands and kept his stare. Seokmin did not know how to answer to that, the answer was obvious why. Do he answer it and make Soonyoung look like a fool? Or just say sorry?

 

‘It was silent mode…’

 

‘Owh…’ Seokmin was surprised by the simple answer. He thought he would get scolded by a madman but the man was unexpectedly passive. ‘Well let’s do it then.’

 

‘What?’

 

‘I’ve been holding it for hours because I panicked thinking you left me and now you’re here and I’m all wet right now. Let’s do it Lee Seokmin.’

 

He took it back. The omega was being aggressive. Did he just invited him for straight to his face? Where did yesterday’s innocence go?

 

‘Soonyoung, gimme me a minute. I still have some-’ He felt a kiss planted on his lips, soft, followed by the omega biting his lower lip as he pulled away.

 

‘Now, alpha…’

 

*****

 

‘Aren’t you gonna let me go? How should I cook like this?’ Seokmin moved around the kitchen with the omega stuck on his , hugging him tightly from behind. Much to his pleasure, unlike yesterday,  they did it for a few rounds before Soonyoung finally calmed down, making him wonder what the peak of the heat will be like. The omega was already falling asleep from all the action, but as soon as Seokmin got up from the bed, he grabbed the alpha and refused to let go since.

 

Which lead them to the current situation.

 

‘You don’t wanna eat?’ He felt the omega moving his head right and left with his forehead still stuck to the back of his neck, slightly tickling him. ‘Is that a yes or a no?’

 

‘I’m hungry.’

 

‘Then you have to let go of my hands.’ Which was what the man did. He moved his hands from Seokmin’s upper arms to hugging his neck, chocking him in the process. ‘Yahh!!! Aren’t you tired or something?’

 

‘You’re gonna disappear again. I can’t take more stress.’

 

‘When did I- owh…’ Seokmin tried to hold in his smile. Come to think of it, Soonyoung had been running into his arms since yesterday. Was it because he was anxious whenever he was not in sight? Was this just the omega in him trying to cope with stress, or was this another side of Kwon Soonyoung?

 

Seokmin was betting for the former because if this is the real Soonyoung, then he might have fallen deeper.

 

‘Why aren’t you nesting? Aren’t omegas supposed to be stuck in bed or something during heat?’ Seokmin tried to change the conversation, hoping the word ‘nest’ might trigger something and the clingy man will finally leave him alone to cook. He had been trying to do so for the last half an hour and yet he was still stuck at cutting the ingredients.

 

‘Says who?’ And Seokmin could swear he heard the other mumbled something along the line of ‘what’s a nest anyway?’

 

‘Says all the books that I read about omegas!’

 

‘Why do you read so much, Lee Seokmin?’ Growl.

 

‘Kwon Soonyoung-sshi, it’s time to let me cook or someone’s gonna starve.’

 

‘I’m on a diet.’

 

‘That’s not what that sounded like.’

 

‘Please don’t mind me. I won’t move that much.’

 

‘I don’t wanna cook half-.’ Seokmin replied gently, which caused the other to finally realize the situation they were in. After he grabbed Seokmin and stick to him, the alpha was only able to put on his pants because he could not lift his hands high enough to wear the shirt. ‘And you… at least wear something. The window’s wide open and someone might see...’

 

Soonyoung gasped loudly at the sudden realization, quickly let go of his grip and backed away, running towards the bedroom to grab the towel and his shirt, then to the bathroom. Not letting go of his new found freedom, Seokmin quickly cleaned the rice and cook it before moving to the fish. After everything was set, he got back to the bedroom to grab his shirt.

 

Nesting…

 

Seokmin smiled brightly at a sudden thought. He took out another shirt to wear, and brought the old one out with him to the kitchen, waiting for the koala to come back out. He switched on the television, closed the curtain and continued cooking.

 

A few more minutes and the blonde got out, hair all wet, looking fresh. As he expected, Soonyoung was fast to take his place beside Seokmin, hands eager to grip him again. Sensing the incoming attack, Seokmin kind of threw his shirt at the omega. Kind of. He was planning to pass it but the thing flew right at Soonyoung’s face, and stayed there, much to his horror.

 

‘Ehemm… I’m frying something, so it’s better not to get too close.’

 

‘Owh… okay.’

 

‘It’ll take about half an hour more so uhm… so on the sofa… sit down.’

 

Without further question, Soonyoung sat on the sofa and mumbled to himself, hand still holding on to Seokmin’s shirt. He sat there silently watching whatever was playing, sometimes worrying Seokmin who had to check on him once in a while, just to make sure he was still there. Because even if he was sure the man will stay indoor, there was still a lot more sides of Kwon Soonyoung he realized he didn’t know.

 

Running into the woods out of stress might be one of them.

 

Or running away because he knew about the omega house.

 

 

*****

 

Soonyoung sat on the sofa, quietly distracting himself by watching the television. He didn’t know why he was acting this way with Seokmin. Why he felt really attached to him. He never acted all needy and clingy with anyone. Neither his parents, his grandparents, he even try to control himself when he was with His boyfriend. So why was he letting himself becoming this desperate with Seokmin, the guy he literally just got to know less than a week ago.

 

Do all omegas act like this in front of alphas? Is this just his omega instinct? Was this what happened to his mother when she decided to be his father’s mate? Because he was starting to feel that he would not mind even if Seokmin wanted to claim him right now. If that would make him stay.

 

Soonyoung shook his head violently at the thought. He was not thinking clearly, that was for sure. For once, he was thankful he had worn his neck protector, and that the device locks itself during heat. Who knows what might have happened if he had took it off before coming for the trip. He might already be a mated omega.

 

Still deep in thought, he once in a while stole quick glances at the alpha before returning to the television. Seokmin is really handsome, there was no denying that. And he is funny, and gentle. And he has a great voice. And he knows how to take care of him.

 

And sometimes, when their eyes meet, Soonyoung blushed so hard he felt as if another wave just hit him.

 

Yup, he would definitely have been a mated omega if not for the protector.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

Another fluff before we get back to the main storyline! I had to turn it into short drabbles because I at writing fluff but I still wanna do it because I’m that stubborn :D

 

Owh and I don’t know if you guys noticed but I just wanna point out my favourite part of this chapter. Hoshi WAS nesting, and his nest was…*drumrolls* LEE SEOKMIN!!! So yeah, basically the nest is where the omega feels the safest and most comfortable, mostly the bed or couch or something but Hoshi just wants DK :3

 

So the next chapter will skip to the end of Hoshi’s heating because I want to move on with the main plot soon ^^ Be prepared for more drama!

As always, thanks for the comments and love!!!! And the upvotes <3<3<3

 

P/S Our babies got so many awards this year I'm so proud of them!! Hoshi totally deserves that best performance award <3<3<3 And he's hair is now dark blue... Like how can he look so hot in all hair colour???!