Ch 28: Complicated Past

Catching the Little Fox

‘Owh, did you see that?’ Soonyoung exclaimed as he pointed towards the dark sky, with the stars the only thing visible to both the college trial lovers. There was a meteor shower tonight, the brightest from the last hour until the next so riding Seokmin’s car, they drove to the darkest place they could find, which was actually an hour trip from Seoul. Nobody minded the fact that they have classes tomorrow morning because, none of them ever saw a meteor shower before. Seokmin because he lived in the city and never cared, and Soonyoung because he lived in the country but never had the courage to go out to the woods at night to look at the sky.

 

Which was why they were now parked near a dam, the forest a few feet away, just laying on the ground. ‘I saw one.’

 

‘There were three!!’

 

‘What?’ Seokmin did a scoping action with his hands, sending laughter to the omega who was clearly winning their bet at who saw the most meteors. ‘It’s kinda hard to even see one. I thought it’ll be like the movie, like comets showering down. This is not a shower.’

 

‘That’ll be the apocalypse.’

 

‘Okay smarty pants.’ Seokmin replied sarcastically, gaining another set of funny wheezing from the overly excited omega. This was really fun. After their first trip to Shinee concert last year, this was the first time they ever went out together, just the two of them alone, when it was not for Soonyoung’s heat. Jeju was different, they were there for fun, but with different intention as well. Right now, they were here because they wanted to see the meteor shower, nothing else. And this innocent feeling was very refreshing.

 

Seokmin loved it. And so did Soonyoung

 

 

Twenty minutes passed by as the frequency of the meteor decreased immensely. The peak was over, and they just stared at the sky, enjoying the cold breeze on their faces, enjoying the silence they never dared to experience had they been alone. Humming softly, Seokmin closed his eyes as he heard Soonyoung joining him. The older male seldom does it, but he really knows how to harmonize. He has a unique voice, not the typical beautiful or sweet one, but it is his. It is Soonyoung’s.

 

‘Awooo!!’ Okay. Now their sweet harmony was ruined. Soonyoung just had to howl. Look at that stupid face of his giggling at his success of ruining the mood. Couldn’t he give Seokmin a chance to enjoy the romantic ambience for a while? Knuckling the omega’s head, both of them shivered as they heard another howl echoing. That, was definitely not them.

 

That, came from the woods.

 

Stumbling onto their feet, both the young males ran towards the car, locked it and started the engine so the headlight was on. They couldn’t move, just staring up front, catching their breaths, trying to calm themselves. A few more minutes of utter silence, Seokmin finally laughed at the whole situation. ‘Yaah! Why did you have to do that? We’re in the forest, you silly fox!’

 

‘It’s the dam! There shouldn’t be any animals near the dam!’

 

‘Says who?’ And he suddenly felt attacked as Soonyoung stared at him, his eyes widened in disbelief. ‘You mean, we were out there, completely exposed to the carnivores while watching the meteor?’

 

‘Okay. Good poi-’

 

‘We could’ve died!! Ommo!’

 

‘Okay. No. See-’

 

‘We could be bear food!’

 

‘There’s no bears here.’ Seokmin pursed his lips, forcing a smile as he knew he messed up. He never considered that at all. He just suggested the dam, and Soonyoung agreed, and they started the engine. Now that he thought of it, yes, they could have died. At least they die together…

 

…wait what?

 

‘Anyways. You won’t die. I’m your alpha remember?’

 

‘Who? And what?’ Soonyoung squinted his eyes accusingly at the alpha, daring him to continue. And of course, Seokmin would. No sarcasm ever worked on him, Soonyoung should know that. Suddenly thinking of something interesting, he laid back on his seat, turning his head towards the omega, ‘You think the wolves will think I’m their alpha if I just strengthen my pheromones? As in, they’ll follow me around like puppies?’

 

Alright. Maybe the omega was still having a hard time understanding his flow of thought because his face was that of a very confused Soonyoung. His cheek was slightly puffed, that slight pout with the soft frown. Adorable confusion. ‘Cus you know, Darwin’s evolution stuff.’

 

Soonyoung tilted his head slightly, ‘You mean how human evolve from monkeys?’ He was still not getting anything. Seokmin could be weird sometimes so Soonyoung decided not to try that hard or his whole brain will shock itself from overthinking.

 

Feeling a bit triggered by the wrong fact, Seokmin got defensive. ‘No. That’s not what it is. We’re suppose to have the same ancestor.’ Looking back at the omega, he grinned at the cuteness. Soonyoung still had his weird thinking face.

 

‘Then why don’t monkeys just become human?’

 

That was a good point. Since the theory was well-known and well accepted, he never ventured deeply onto the why. Instead he just swallowed everything like a sponge. It was not as if it would change anything even if he did try to understand it. As if he could find the cure to cancer if he knew why monkeys chose to be monkeys instead of humans. But since Soonyoung had bluntly asked the question, he wondered why. Why would koalas and sloths chose to be the slow and hairy furballs? Urgh, now his head hurt and they were getting off track. What were they talking about anyways? Owh yeah, he was trying to explain why wolves should follow him like ducklings. ‘Anyways. Alphas share the same ancestor as wolves. So I’m just wondering if they can sense our pheromones the way we sense each other. Imagine me in the jungle, hunting rabbits like the wolves.’

 

Again, the omega had his concerted face. Was he digesting his question? ‘You don’t look rough enough.’

 

‘Heol. Not rough enough?’ He tilted his head downwards, furrowing deeply, baring his teeth as he breathed loudly. ‘Am I not rough enough?’ He felt a hand on his face as Soonyoung pushed his face away, one of his fingers seemingly intentionally pressing his upper lip onto his teeth. Him and his pokey fingers. Pretending to bite it, Seokmin laughed as the omega giggled joyfully, his voice high from ecstasy.

 

‘Hrm?’ the alpha stared at his partner who suddenly stopped his chuckles as he realized something. ‘If you’re from wolves, and beta’s from monkeys, what are omegas from?’

 

‘Wolves! Of course! You’re our other half!’ What a cute question…

 

‘But we’re born a beta…’

 

‘Owh yeah. Hrm…’ So that was a valid question. Hybrid? Or an extinct species? Since omegas are weaker in nature in the first place… But they were betas, then they turn into alphas other halves so…

…what is this? Why was Soonyoung making him think of all this stuff? He was just joking around and now he managed to get himself bothered by the omega’s questions. Was this some kind of revenge? Was Soonyoung planning all of this as a payback?

 

‘You think the wolves will respond to our mating call too?’

 

What.The.Hell.

 

Caught off guard by that particular question, Seokmin could only stare horrifically at the omega, who was casually playing with the roof of the car. Noticing the silence, Soonyoung finally turned to look at the alpha, shocking himself at his own question. And the meaning it bore. Which was disgusting. ‘Ommo, you have a weird .’

 

‘Noo!! Yah!!’ Seokmin had to avoid the attack from the frantic omega, ‘I only asked because you said-’

 

‘Ommo!’ A fist knocked his head lightly. ‘We need to go back quickly before you start calling our cousins.’ His hand was finally bitten by the man. ‘Okay, okay. I’ll stop.’ Seokmin laughed at the cringed face on Soonyoung.

 

‘You got me imagining things. Owh the nightmare.’ Soonyoung shook his whole body, overreacting. ‘Look at my goosebumps.’ He held out a hand in front of the alpha, ‘like chicken skin. Look at the tiny bumps.’ Before Seokmin could comment on that, he pulled it back towards himself and rubbed it before hiding it inside a blanket. Laughing through his nose, the former could only shake his head.

 

‘Darwin’s theory’s doesn’t make sense anyway. He completely disregarded omega’s evolution.’ Patting the man sitting beside him after put the gear on reverse, he pinched that squishy cheek. ‘Don’t worry. Big bad wolf won’t come and take you away from me.’

 

Okay. Soonyoung really love knuckling his head. Note taken. Reversing the car so they could drive back to campus, he found the omega overly quiet. Was he already asleep? ‘If wolves are our cousins, aren’t dogs too? So our pets are our cousins?’

 

He was not.

 

‘Hoshi, you need to stop. Darwin’s starting to sound stupid the more you ask questions. Give the dead man a rest.’ He smiled as he heard a puff. Owh he could only imagine the face Soonyoung was making. If only he could see it… but he needed to focus to find the dark road out of the wood.

 

*****

 

 

‘Is this a date?’

 

‘Nope.’ Soonyoung completely ignored the alpha who was driving beside him, his thoughts focused on the sketch of one of his choreography, and back at the lyrics of the song Jihoon wrote for the competition next two months. He had an idea of the key-dance but he was stuck for the rest of the part. Being stuck in campus made him recycle all his old moves so he wanted to find some inspiration. At a toy store.

 

‘Am I your muse?’

 

‘You’re my driver.’ He replied nonchalantly before realizing the weird movement of the other. Finally looking up, he bit his lips, expanding his nostrils as an attempt to ignore Seokmin’s stupid dance which he ended with a straight face, looking forward. ‘I call that the pigeon at a traffic light dance.’

 

Nodding with an impressed pout, he placed a finger on his forehead, pretending to think, ‘challenge accepted.’

 

*****

 

He made the right choice coming here. In just half an hour, he already had a number of movements he wanted to incorporate into the routine. In contrast to what he had initially thought, the children videos did not help him at all, but the electronics did. Even the classic annoying monkey with the drum somehow gave him a few ideas, combined with the flailing snake toy thing which flipped over the floor and moved like a helpless worm or something.

 

Body roll.

 

Yes. He thought of body roll while looking at the flailing snake. Nothing weird there.

 

But the thing the actually helped him a lot was the kids and babies dancing in their diapers to the children jingles. Gosh, their chubby hands and legs made big movements looked so effortless. Jotting down some moves for reference, like how one girl pretended to lay down the moment she fell on her bum, Soonyoung turned around with his satisfied smirk, only to find his companion gone.

 

‘Dokyeom?’ Seokmin must have gotten bored while waiting for him. Or maybe he was stuck somewhere, too into some random toys. Soonyoung’s bet would be either at the puzzle section, or the comic section.

 

Walking around while searching for the fresh burgundy hair of the man, Soonyoung stopped his track as he heard his name being called. It was not Seokmin, it was a female’s voice. Turning his head towards the source to search for any familiar face, the hair at the back of his neck stood as he quickly regretted responding. Shifting his gaze towards the signboard, he made a quick run, praying that his sister didn’t care to follow.

 

*****

 

Seokmin turned the small steel structure over and over again, trying to figure out how to disassemble the pieces. Among the few different kinds of puzzles left on the table, he already solved four of the wooden ones and had since been trying to do the same for the one in his hand, the intermediate level. No matter how he twisted the pieces, there was no way the attached rings could be untangled from each other. Standing up to put the pieces in front of the light bulb in hope of getting an idea, he almost choked on his saliva when he felt someone bumping into him full force from behind and rested there, hugging him tightly.

 

Soonyoung.

 

Trying to look behind him towards the omega, he gave up when his neck twisted to his limit, hurting him. ‘You’re done?’ He felt a nod, ‘Wanna go eat?’

 

‘Youngie!’ He thought he was mistaken but the lady was clearly standing beside him, no, beside Soonyoung, completely disregarding his presence in front of his omega. And out of all the names he ever heard people calling Soonyoung, Youngie was the first. ‘Youngie, please.’

 

Not enjoying the unhealthy interest the alpha was showing his fox who was obviously trying to hide from her, Seokmin twisted his body so the omega was completely covered by his own. Clearing his throat, he asked threateningly, ‘Do we have a problem?’

 

‘Are you Youngie’s boyfriend?’ He felt Soonyoung’s hold on his shirt tightened. He knew what that was - as long as the other alpha was concerned, they were dating seriously. He would tell her that anyway. The stranger probably realized his sudden change in expression to that of showing hostility because she continued hastily, trying to avoid conflict, ‘I’m his sister. Kwon Yuri.’

 

Sister? The delta? She is clearly an alpha, unless deltas smell like alphas, which he wouldn’t know since he never met one. But she didn’t look psychotic, and she is definitely older than them both. Which was confusing because, this, was the exact opposite of the story Soonyoung told him about his sister. ‘Nice to meet you.’

 

‘Lee Seokmin. Soonyoung’s… boyfriend.’ Confusion aside, this was his first meeting with anyone from Soonyoung’s family. Based on the omega’s reaction, it was clear to him that he would do no good in entertaining the sister but still, he wanted to leave a good impression. An approval from a sister is better than none, no matter how much Soonyoung despised her. At least, he wanted his children to have cousins in the future, and since he was an only child, Soonyoung’s side was the only option.

 

Wait. No. They were still a trial couple. What child? Children? Did he just imagine four children?

 

Owh god. Just meeting his sister made him think of starting his own family. What the hell?

 

Shaking his thoughts away, he forced her an awkward smile. Awkward because of the thought he just had about her baby brother. ‘You guys don’t look the same.’

 

‘We’re not blood-related.’ She laughed brightly, as if it was not something to be ashamed of. Which was completely opposite of Soonyoung who still had his head buried on Seokmin’s back. The man prefers to keep his family matters a secret, unless he gets emotional. ‘My mom married his dad when he was little. Right, Youngie?’ She tried again but Soonyoung did not even move or show any response which created a frown on his sister’s face.

 

‘Soonyoung-ah… Let’s have coffee together. It’s been a while. Years…’ There was no response which Yuri probably expected based on her locking her eyesight with Seokmin instead, wanting him to make the decision for both of them. ‘I’m waiting for my mate’s appointment with the doctor. Just two hours.’

 

Seokmin gulped as she stared at him, probably internally judging his ability to control Soonyoung. If he couldn’t make the right decision, he would blow his chance of making an alliance. Turning his head, patting the head of the omega behind him, Seokmin smiled at Yuri as an agreement. ‘We’ll meet you there? You have any place in mind?’

 

‘Great. There’s a pancake place on the 2nd floor.’ She looked behind him towards he brother who still refuse to even look at her, ’In 15 minutes?’

 

‘Sure.’ He waved goodbye at her, keeping his glare until she disappeared before pulling Soonyoung off him. Noticing the angry pout, he pulled those lips until Soonyoung glared at him. ‘You didn’t warn me, and you didn’t say anything to refuse her offer so we’re eating with her and then, we’ll ditch her with the bills. How’s that?’

 

‘I hate pancakes.’

 

‘No you don’t.’

 

‘I hate her.’ He wasn’t expecting a hug after that decision, but that was what the omega did, and he didn’t know what to do but the muscles in his cheeks stretched upwards on their own, and he was starting to tire from trying to put on a straight face. Some elderly cleared their throats at the PDA but Seokmin couldn’t care less. Clingy Soonyoung is rare when not in heat. ‘You want me to cancel?’ Soonyoung nodded, ‘But she seemed really happy to see you. Though, since she’s psychotic and all so you’ll never know. Ommo, she’s might kill me if I-’

 

‘Yuri’s not a psycho.’

 

‘But you told me-’

 

‘I have two sisters. I hate them both.’ How could this sweet thing hate his sister who was trying to fix their relationship when all he ever wanted was to be loved? He knew the man has a complicated family tree and problems, but being his optimistic self, he believes that people trying to make amends deserves a second chance. Though, that should always depend on what they did. He doubt it was that bad…’You guys haven’t seen each other in years right?’

 

‘Cus I hate her.’

 

‘But she looks like she really care.’ He looked back at Soonyoung was was biting his lips, considering the plan, ‘Whatever happened, I think she’s trying to make up for it.’

 

He seemed a little convinced. Just one more push, ‘Free pancakes? And we’ll leave if you really hate it.’

 

‘Promise you’ll be with me? I don’t wanna be alone with her.’

 

‘Like a glue.’

 

*****

 

Trying to get Soonyoung to open his mouth in front of his sister was really a difficult task. Since they sat in the small cubicle, the only time the man said anything was when making his order, and even that was by whispering it softly to Seokmin. And with his sister not really wanting to force anything to her little brother, she started small talks with Seokmin instead, not really interrogating him rather just asking about he what he does, trying not to touch on their relationship. And Seokmin found that sweet.

 

It took another 15 minutes for their orders to make it to the table and as soon as his arrived, Soonyoung quietly cut small bits. Yuri finally sighed. Seokmin could only grab hold of his knife and forks because he felt like all hell would break lose if he dared to make any movement. Now, he regretted his decision greatly.

 

‘Youngie.’ Seokmin pretended to spread his butter on his pancake slowly. He could see from the corner of his eyes, Soonyoung stopping his movement and slowly putting his fork down, chewing his food slowly. ‘I’m sorry for what happened back then. It was a mistake, I never meant to do it.’

 

God he was curious of what happened. But it sounded serious. He shouldn’t be here.

 

But he wanted to know.

 

God.

 

‘I know it will sound like an excuse but it’s the truth. If I knew about your-’ She stopped as she looked at the omega, whose eyes widened, and turned swiftly to look at the alpha beside him, ‘…about your condition, I would’ve chose to skip PE that day. I came back for my gym shoes. I didn’t even bring my sleepover bag with me. Soonyoung-ah, I swear I forgot about it.’

 

‘Okay.’ Soonyoung replied calmly. Damn Seokmin was curious of what ‘it’ is!!

 

‘Youngie, I already left the house so you can come back now. I left the moment I graduated.’ She seemed to be pleading for his return, and Soonyoung always said he never liked living with his grandparents due to the villagers. The only explanation was because what happened was worse than his isolated life. And it was killing the male alpha inside, too curious he felt like asking them for the whole story like a typical gossiping ahjumma. ‘Appa’s been waiting for you.’

 

Another character. Seokmin glanced slightly at the omega beside him who was playing with the syrup on his pancake. Soonyoung told him about his relationship with his father, it was not a good one. But hearing that the man had been waiting for his son to come back, Seokmin was starting to think that Soonyoung was over-reacting. Was being with his father worse than being hated by the villagers? He could never comprehend, and he didn’t know if he wanted to even try to understand. There seemed to be a serious emotional conflict in Soonyoung’s family.

 

‘I know you think he sent you away that day because he loved me more but you’re wrong. I was punished, severely for what I di-, almost did.’ . He was really curious to what she tried to do to his fox!!! What did she almost do to him??!! Seokmin almost screamed from frustration. ‘Both appa and eomma more than scolded me for it. They didn’t choose me over you.’

 

‘It’s all in the past. I don’t care anymore.’

 

‘Then why aren’t you back? Young-’

 

‘Can we go now?’ Soonyoung turned towards his alpha, eyes pleading for an agreement. However, instead of an immediate yes, the action only pushed the latter into a dilemma. He knew what Soonyoung wanted him to do, but he also noticed that the man didn’t actually wanted to leave. It could be wrong, but he didn’t want Soonyoung to regret his decision later. And turning briefly towards Yuri, though it was obvious she was threatening him not to try and take her brother away, she too, was pleading inside. Because she knew this was her last chance to make things better.

 

Gosh. He could be wrong. How did he ended up here again?

 

‘No, stay and listen to her.’ He squeezed Soonyoung’s hand, ‘I’ll be here.’ and gave him an assuring smile.

 

‘Youngie, I’m already bonded with the most beautiful omega. And yes, I told her what I did so yes, it does bother me. Every single day since that day. And I’ve been trying to reach out to you, we all did. I’m really, really sorry.’

 

Seokmin didn’t like what he heard. He had his doubts, but it was clear this was not an overblown sibling rivalry. If it involved her having to tell her mate, that could only meant one thing. And he didn’t like that. Noticing the male alpha’s disgusted face as he tried to digest his thought, Yuri decided it was best to come clean. ‘It’s what you’re thinking. But it was a mistake. I forgot about his cycle.’

 

Caught off guard by the sudden revelation, Seokmin turned to the omega beside him who had a deep frown on his face. Soonyoung didn’t want to look at him, probably out of shame. ‘Look, we were not blood-related. I only reacted like any other alpha would. But that didn’t make me completely innocent. I know that. Everyone knows that. They never completely forgive me.’

 

Seokmin wanted to hate her but he couldn’t. He himself coerced Soonyoung to sleep with him during their first trip together because he couldn’t control himself. He was worse considering the fact that he was already old enough to know it was wrong. A hormone enraged teenager would find it even hard to do so. The only difference between him and Yuri was the fact that they were not related, not by blood nor the law. That was the only reason why Soonyoung was with him instead of running away from him like he did with his sister. He had no right to hate her.

 

‘I already moved out so you can come back now, even only for a visit. At least, answer appa’s calls. He’s been blaming himself for my mistake. Just- Youngie. Please.’

 

Feeling a hand on his own, Seokmin noticed Soonyoung’s tensed look. He was not comfortable being here anymore, and this time, he really wanted out. And based on his clenched jaw, he didn’t want so speak. ‘Yuri-sshi, I’ll try to talk to him bout it.’

 

‘Really?’ He gave her an assuring smile while she responded with her own. Reading the situation, she pulled up her handbag and pretended to look at her watch. ‘I guess I need to go now. She’ll get mad if I’m not there to drive her home.’ Seokmin nodded and was about to get up, ‘No. Just take your time. My treat.’

 

As they watched her waving her final goodbye, Seokmin finally pulled Soonyoung closer, extra-tightly just to annoy him before releasing.‘That went well. I was expecting fistfight’

 

‘I told you I hate her.’

 

‘Yeah you did. I kinda hate her too.’ Seokmin noticed the relaxed soft curve forming on that sweet face, ‘I freaked out when she said she was your sister. You only ever told me about the psycho one.’

 

‘Psycho’s even better than that one.’

 

He wanted to laugh but decided against it. Had he not heard about what happened, he would have thought that dealing with a psychotic sister was the worse of the two. But now, he was not sure anymore. Soonyoung chose to live in isolation and hatred from strangers instead of fear of his own family so that might not be a joke to him. ‘Anymore crazy family members I should know? I may need to prepare myself mentally if they appear out of the blue again.’

 

‘Just my grandpa. He’s the worst.’

 

Chuckling from that joke, he poked the hamster’s full cheek. ‘He might hear you.’ He whispered playfully and Soonyoung put a hand over his mouth, pretending it was a slip of the tongue before stuffing more pancake into his mouth. ‘So, do I have to worry about your dad?’

 

‘He’s nobody.’

 

‘Owh.’ Maybe he pried too much into his life because Soonyoung didn’t look like he wanted to talk about it. The thing was, Seokmin love his parents so he could never imagine someone talking about their own like that. He knew Soonyoung didn’t have it easy, but Yuri said his old man was trying hard to fix their relationship, and he felt bad for the man.

 

 

Soonyoung noticed the look the alpha had on his face, feeling bad about it. He knew that Seokmin should know about it if they wanted to get serious but it was still a very sensitive issue to him. The thing with his delta sister, he was fine talking because it was an open secret. One visit to his hometown was enough for anyone to know about him. But the thing with his father and Yuri, he never told anyone.

 

Contemplating on whether he should just spill it, he sighed. Seokmin already knew about Nara and they were still fine. There was a high chance that the alpha wouldn’t mind the other half of his past either. And should he ever plan to tell it to the man, now was the time. So he did.

 

The fact that he didn’t even know why he hated his father so much. That it started because he remarried. That it was because he sent him to his grandparent’s after what happened with Yuri and expected Soonyoung to return to the house after. That it was because he thought just giving Soonyoung money in the bank and calling him to ask about his life would make up for everything he did.

 

Soonyoung knew those were not real reasons to despise someone that much and yet, he still wanted to hate him; because that was the only way he could stand being treated like filth by the villagers - by blaming it on his father who didn’t do anything to stop his mother from taking him with her when she ran away. Not only did he not look for them, he remarried two years after. He was only waiting for their bond to break.

 

 

Timidly slurping his juice, too scared to look at Seokmin, afraid of his reaction, Soonyoung kept his gaze down. The air was tensed, making the omega regret his decision to tell his secrets to this man beside him. He knew this was too much for anybody.

 

‘Your life is even more complicated than I thought.’

 

‘Yeah.’ He replied softly, still not able to lift his head. This was the end. His life was complicated. Nobody like complications. ‘How can you smile this brightly after all that.’

 

‘I-…’ He didn’t deserve a happy life. He realized that.

 

‘Aigoo uri hamji.’ His cheeks were squeezed painfully. Noticing the gentle voice, Soonyoung glanced at the alpha who had his brightest smile on. And that confused him. ‘You did well bearing all that alone.’

 

‘Dokyeom-ah.’

 

‘I don’t wanna get cheeky in a pancake place but I’m glad you told me cus, I kinda understand why you’re so set on fixing your relationship with your ex.’

 

‘I-’ This was difficult to put into words. He didn’t want to offend Seokmin but since they were already on the subject, he should just go ahead and tell him what he was feeling and hoped the words do justice. ‘I can’t just be with someone when I still like another. I don’t wanna end up like them.’

 

‘I can’t just choose you because you say you like me. That’s not enough. That didn’t work with my mom. She still ended up choosing someone she loves instead of my dad who loved her. And he chose his ex-lover over her the moment he was free. I don’t wanna be like that.’

 

‘Then I guess I’ll have to make you love me then.’

 

‘Are you even listening? I’m still unsure-’

 

‘I heard you. And I’m telling you I’m okay with waiting.’ Soonyoung glared at the younger male, trying his best to understand where that came from. He had been waiting for almost two years, he shouldn’t be chasing after him anymore. He was not worthy of the alpha. ‘That’s unfair…’

 

‘I’ll stay with you until you make up your mind. Things are different now. I know what I’m dealing with.’

 

‘Don’t…’

 

‘You want to bond right now?’ Soonyoung backed away reflexively as the alpha suddenly closed their distance to a few inches, the latter’s mouth the level of his neck. Pushing the man’s face away, he screamed. ‘YAAH!’

 

Though they were in a cubicle, a few servers came to check on them once they heard the scream, causing both the men to apologize for the commotion. Gritting his teeth, Soonyoung glowered at Seokmin. ‘You !’

 

‘You told me not to wait.’ The man chuckled as he finally settled down enough to continued eating the rest of the pancakes.

 

‘Why? Why me? After all that…’ Soonyoung really wanted to know. Whether it was to make him feel better about himself, or as an assurance that Seokmin really liked him, or out of mere curiousity, he wanted to know.

 

‘Cus you’re a strong guy. I won’t be able to be this happy if I were you but you’re here. You’re eating pancake and thinking of some crazy dance moves. You’ll be fine taking care of the children if anything happens to me.’

 

‘What children? With you?’

 

Trying to ignore the dirty look Soonyoung was throwing him, Seokmin decided to change the subject, ‘Anyway, I think I have some sick dance.’ Seokmin begin to carry his plate up and spread the butter around, his body doing extra, unnecessary movement. ‘I call this, the jam jam dance. Get it?’

 

Soonyoung stared at him, took out the paper he got from Jihoon, looked back at the alpha, and again at the title of Jihoon’s work. ‘Genius!’

 

 

To be continued…

 

Owh this took a while to write ^^ Finally a long chapter!!

DK’s still with his Mr. Nice Guy attitude but Hoshi’s also more open about himself!! I know, Hoshi’s life’s really complicated, which was not even his fault. His parent’s were the dramatic ones and he had to pay the price. That’s why he’s so difficult and frustrating. But well, some people have that kind of past, some have a normal one. That’s just life!

 

Anyways, as always, thanks for reading and commenting guys!!! Almost 30 chapters like wth. Haha!

I love you guys so much!!! <3<3