Ch 4: Soonyoung

Catching the Little Fox

 

‘Dokyeom-ah, what’re you doing tonight?’ Bam Bam sat in front of him, resting his head on the table, staring straight at him. Pouting.

 

‘I just downloaded Attack on Titan! Do you wanna join me??’ He replied enthusiastically. Seokmin is an otaku. He likes everything anime-related, and is crazy about Japan. That was especially the reason why he got so excited when he learnt that the hamster that he slept with was half Japanese.

 

Speaking of Hoshi, the man did not contact him at all after their little ‘accident’. It had been almost four months but still no news.

 

‘Yah! You should stop watching animes!! That’s why the omegas don’t approach you!’

 

‘What? I don’t need all the other omegas, I have my Hoshi~~’ he grinned, thinking of that small eyes and high cheek bones. Owh how he wish…

 

‘Hoshi, Hoshi…’ Bam Bam rolled his eyes and sighed, ‘He probably got scared at your figurine collection and ran away…’ He mumbled lazily, looking at his chipped nails.

 

‘Yaah! These are yours, you !!’ He threw all the small figurines towards Bam Bam. ‘Why the hell did you put them here??’

 

‘Cus my room needs to look as hardcore as I am!! Yeahhh!!!’ Bam Bam dabbed twice. ‘But seriously though, don’t you think that omega just didn’t want to contact you? I bet he already found some new alpha to play with. He’s didn’t look like the innocent type.’

 

‘Owh you never saw him in his bed hair. Complet-‘

 

‘-letely pure-looking. Like a naïve kid who had just seen the world for the first time. Sparkly eyes… blablabla…’

 

‘Yesss!! Owh and his small neck…’

 

‘I get it! He’s cute!’ Bam Bam retorted, clearly annoyed. He’s actually getting worried about this guy. A naïve, hopeless romantic, who fell in love with a one-night-stand. Even after all this time. He knew that they couldn’t have had the time to talk much but his friend talked about the guy like they had known each other for a while. He clearly needs to get his head out of the gutter. ‘But you know he’s not innocent, right? We were grinding on the table the whole night!!!’

 

‘No, you were grinding up to him. He was pushing you away.’

 

‘OUCH!! That’s not how I remembered it.’ He held his chest, making a pained face. ‘I bet he grinds with other alphas every ni-OWWW’ He felt as if his nose was hit by a brick.

 

Seokmin slapped his stupid friend with his pillow. ‘Yaaah! He’s not like that!!’

 

‘How’d you know loverboy? Did you two had a heart-to-heart talk while making love?’ Bam Bam made sure to emphasize the last two word, wanting to remind his friends of what he heard that night.

 

Seokmin felt his face burning. Yes, it was lame! He said let’s make love instead ing or having but who cares?

 

Maybe his fox cared?

 

He scratched the back of his head, laid back on his bed and turned to his side, totally ignoring his obnoxious friend who was laughing his off behind him. ‘Maybe he thought I was lame?’ He mumbled to himself.

 

Bam Bam looked at his friend. Again, getting depressed over something that never happened. Well then, time to cheer his sorry up! ‘AAAAnyway…. Let’s go out man! Let’s go to that bar!! The one behind that fancy café!’

 

‘I’m not in the mood…’

 

‘They’re having an event today!!! Some of the students from our college’s gonna perform!!! I betcha more than half of them are omegas! WOHOOO!!!’

 

Seokmin sighed. His crazy friend is just a little bit obsessed with omegas. He wondered what happened during his childhood that made him this weird. ‘I don’t need omegas…’

 

‘Yaah!!! Come on~~~ Imagine omegas dancing…’ Bam Bam made a body wave to show his excitement, ‘Maybe you’ll find someone better than your little fox.’

 

‘hurmmm…’ Seokmin took a while to consider. It HAD been four months… so maybe things just weren’t meant to be? But Hoshi is like the definition of perfection. He’s never going to find anyone better than his fox…

 

But maybe…

 

‘Stop thinking bout that guy anymore! I betcha he already forgot bout cha! So tonight at 7??’

 

‘Hurhh…’ He sighed a long sigh. Maybe he should try to open himself to other options. There are, plenty more fish in the sea. ‘I do need a drink anyway so okay. But don’t go shoving random omegas at me like you did last time okay? Cus I swear I will leave you.’ He sat up and stared at his friend who somehow manage to balance himself on a slanting chair.

 

‘WOHOOO!!!’ He dabbed.

 

*****

 

Seokmin sat at the table near the wall, humming along with the sweet voices of the performers. There were many familiar faces at the bar. He saw some of his course seniors at one of the front table, and some acquaintances he met during orientation. There’s Jun and Wonwoo talking while slapping each other near the corner, and next to them was their senior, Seungcheol, who was in a basketball team for their department. Seokmin considered which one he should say hi to. He did not really like his own seniors, and his played a friendly match with Seungcheol’s a few times before so…

 

‘WOOOHHOOO!!!!’ He heard a familiar howl and saw his friend clapping excitedly for the performers. His friend was whistling violently and clapping like there was no tomorrow. He clearly was a little drunk. Which is the worst kind of drunk for Bam Bam. The guy somehow will be very hyper with a little drink, but will behave like a gentleman he never is when he gets really drunk. A bit embarrassed, Seokmin made his way towards Seungcheol in a hurry, just in case Bam Bam decided to drag him to the front.

 

‘Hi, Seungcheol-sshi?’ He spoke, almost too quickly. The said man turned his head, a bit surprised to see the medic student here. ‘Seokmin! Hey!’

 

‘Hey dude!’ Jun put a hand over his shoulders while Wonwoo just raised his chin up a bit while smiling as an acknowledgement.

 

‘You alone?’ Seungcheol opened his hand for a manly hug, and the younger gladly accepted it. He shook his head and raised his eyebrows towards his noisy friend up front and Seungcheol laughed, showing his dimples. ‘Owh, so technically you alone.’

 

‘Unless he decides to drag me there.’

 

‘Well, plenty of omegas to keep him company!’ the older chuckled. He patted on a seat towards his right, ‘join us?’

 

‘Sure!’ He smiled brightly, making his eyes disappeared. They talked for a while about today’s performance and both agreed that the vocals just now were amazing. Not long after, he heard a soft voice laughing and turned towards the voice. Jeonghan, one of the performers, was standing right in front of their table, laughing his head off while holding his stomach. Beside his table, he heard both Jun and Wonwoo laughing while slapping each other.

 

‘What happened?’

 

‘Omo! Pheww!’ Jeonghan tried to catch his breath and calm down, but started to laugh again. Seungcheol stared at his mate bemusedly, not understanding the situation, but finding his lover’s laugh addictive. ‘That… your friend… pffft…’

 

Seokmin turned his head towards his friend, who was standing still, flabbergasted. His mouth was wide open, and he looked straight into Seokmin’s eyes, staring at them for a few seconds before slapping his forehead. A few people behind him was laughing as well, and some of them awed at his friend, holding his shoulders as if showing support.

 

‘What did he do?’

 

‘He tried to make a move on Jihoon and got a smack with the guitar.’ Wonwoo blurted out, his nose was crinkling and his mouth opened.

 

Seokmin smacked his own head. Everyone knew Jihoon, despite his small body and cute baby-face, is a sadistic alpha. The genius always sits at his ‘throne’ at the park, sleeping, giving deadly gaze when people get too noisy. That is, when he is not in his room with his computer, making hit songs for popular artists. His brother also had the same reputation as him. Why in the world would that Bam Bam…

 

‘He thought Woozi’s an omega!!!’ Jeonghan finally able to make a sentence before laughing again.

 

 ‘Aahhhh…. Urmm…’ He finally calmed down and sat to Seungcheol’s right. He drank his lover’s juice in one slurp and put his elbow on the table. ‘He’s omega-hunting again?’

 

‘Uh-uh’ Seokmin nodded. ‘I’m his ride home.’ He made the horse action with both his hands, retorting his face. Both Seungcheol and Jeonghan laughed at his silliness and Seokmin smiled in satisfaction. They talked for a while, mostly about basketball, but a few about his batch mates and course. In between their conversation, he heard Jun and Wonwoo woohoo’ed, getting excited while clapping their hands vigorously. Everyone was also clapping and cheering, some of them standing in front of his table, blocking his view. He didn’t mind at first, but as the cheer got louder, he got curious.

 

Seokmin stood up with his knees on the chair, leaving the two lovers to converse on their own. He saw some people dancing, really on point with the song. As if they were doing a musical.  No wonder people were cheering; the routine was really great. They were jumping with energy at the Mansae chorus, everyone was in sync. Seokmin found himself staring in admiration.

 

Without anyone realized, the show had come to an end, and everyone aww’ed, refusing to sit down, and requesting for an encore. The MC smiled and ask one of the member if they can perform another one. The member passed the mic towards some blonde-haired guy who was drenched in sweat. Probably their leader. The guy spoke calmly, but with a bright smile on his face. He signaled to s and they nodded. Then the music started. Another upbeat song.

 

Another great, energetic dance move.

 

The blonde guy, particularly, was filled with charisma that he stood out the most. He’s y

 

Wait…

 

Those eyes…

 

Those jaws…

 

Those cheekbones…

 

He found his fox!!! After god knows how long! This must have been fate. Like someone upstairs wanted them to meet when he was ready to give up. He got his second chance!

 

Seokmin wanted to wave excitedly and shake his hands but he remembered something. Hoshi thought he was lame. Maybe. So he needed to remain his cool.

 

He read that one must be hot and cold at the same time to appear attractive. Or is it alternately? Seokmin shook his head. He needed to re-check that article to confirm. But right now, he cannot act too excited or he will throw away any potential interaction with Hoshi.

 

Too distracted by his thought, he didn’t realize that the music had stopped and everyone was already clapping. The MC asked the group to introduce themselves and again, the members passed the mic to Hoshi. The man gladly abided, and bowed passionately after that, followed by the members.

 

‘Uuuu,’the host teased playfully. ‘Who would have thought after all that energy, that all the other members are shy!’ Everyone laughed at the statement, while the members snickered.

 

‘Ahhh, no, they’re actually a bunch of hyperactive kids. They’re just trying to act all cool.’ Hoshi replied, earning another round of laughter.

 

‘Let me guess… are you the leader?’ she asked playfully, already knowing the answer.

 

‘Nee… I’m the second-in-command, and the choreographer of the dance we just showed you!’

 

Everyone clapped and whistled loudly, showing signs of support and approval. Seokmin saw Hoshi’s eyes shining, looking at the crowd with a cute grin. Hoshi’s eyes met his own, and he swore they stared at each other for a while before the boy broke the moment to look at the audience. ‘Thank you!! We really hope to see some of your faces in our club next time!’

 

‘As expected from the genius, already a second leader in his first year.’ He heard Jeonghan spoke softly in admiration.  Seokmin turned his head towards the omega, surprised that he knew his fox. Maybe he could get some information about Hoshi.

 

‘You know the blond guy?’

 

‘Soonyoung? Sure, he’s my neighbor.’ The man spoke while poking the ice in his glass. He handed the glass towards his alpha, and the man stood up for refill without being asked.

 

Seokmin thought he misheard the name, and asked, ‘Hoshi? Your neighbor? Like from your hometown? Are you from Japan?’

 

Jeonghan stared at the confused looking freshman and opened his mouth, closing it again without saying a word. He needed a few second to think why the man would have misheard his clear answer. ‘We’re talking about the same blond guy right? The one that introduced his group just now? Kwon Soonyoung?’

 

‘Kwon Soonyoung? Is that his name?’

 

‘Yeah.’ Jeonghan answered blandly. He was obviously getting bored in his seat without any drinks.

 

‘Kwon Soonyoung… Is he your junior?’ Seokmin inquired. Hoshi never told him which course he was taking.

 

‘Nope, a guy like him is obviously in performing arts.’ Jeonghan tapped the table. He glanced at Seokmin and saw the guy staring into space. He got an idea to entertain himself…

 

‘Who is Hoshi?’ Jeonghan smirked and sat besides Seokmin, resting his chin on his hand, facing the latter. Seokmin gulped, he could feel his sweat threatening to fall. His senior was still waiting for his answer but he could not tell him the truth right? That they slept together and Soonyoung was Hoshi and he didn’t use and pregnancy and Jeonghan was still staring why is he still staring? Can’t he leave him alone?

 

‘What’s so interesting?’ Seokmin took a breath a relief when Seungcheol got back to his seat and handed Jeonghan his drink. He wanted to kiss the other alpha but chose to run away instead, to avoid further questioning.

 

Away from the table, he decided he had enough for today. He met his fox, knows which part of campus he’s in, made eye contact. Perfect.

 

He decided not to say anything to Hosh-Soonyoung and retire for the day. He needed to play cool.

 

He walked around, trying to find his friend with no avail.

 

‘Well, well, well, Kwon Soonyoung-sshi.’ He heard Bam Bam’s voice and saw the man walking towards the blonde with a hunch, moving his shoulders and nodding his head like a gangster. ‘Or should I say…’

 

Oh no Bam Bam

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

Shout out to my new subscribers!! I love you guys <3

Just a sneak-peak to the storyline, this won't be a straightforward Soonseok fic! There will be a third-wheel, and some stupid decisions, and a slight angst.

Hope you guys enjoy the ride!!