Rhyme 7.2

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think these are enough. I can’t borrow many books from you, Doctor Hong.”

Doctor Hong Jisoo smiled simply and piled up one more book to Wonwoo’s hands which were already full of books. “Why not? If you want to give them back or borrow more books, you can come here and ask my little sister to take them.”

“No, that’s not what I mean.” Wonwoo quickly responded. He’s still processing all things happening in these past twenty minutes. He just sent her home and they argued, but then her brother appeared and asked him to come inside. He also met her boyfriend and was confused why the boyfriend was there. Bad timing, but it seemed like she also didn’t have a clue at first why that guy came to their house.

Anyway, Wonwoo didn’t believe that he met her brother again and the brother was lending him some books he needed for his paper. Wonwoo also didn’t believe that the brother still remembered about their consultation in that seminar in Daegu a month ago. He tend to think that busy people always forgot things. Their brains must work in a different way. It seemed like the doctor never forgot about small details, resulting in books on Wonwoo’s hands which all contained every problem, theory Wonwoo had mentioned to him.

The older guy just chuckled. “I’ll drop the formalities, alright? Right now I’m just an older brother of a friend of yours.”

“Sure,” Wonwoo replied, feeling a bit of confusion. If he tried to count, this was the third time he met her brother. Should he drop the formalities, too? It would be insulting if he suddenly used an informal form of speech and called him casually by name or called him ‘Hyung.' They were never close, but Wonwoo always thought all her family members gave the same friendly vibe that made people less awkward around them. It shouldn’t be a problem, but again Wonwoo thought he needed to hold himself from doing anything so carelessly. He didn’t want to make a mistake that he would regret all his life.

“So, Wonwoo,” Doctor Hong curled a simple smile while taking a book from the shelf and opening it,” Did you just have a fight with my little sister?”

Wonwoo blinked. “Pardon?”

Doctor Hong repeated his question calmly and stared at Wonwoo. “Did you just have a fight with my little sister?”

Wonwoo gulped. The question felt like an arrow that went through directly to his body. He never heard her telling him about how protective her brother was, but surely this action showed a lot.

“If you heard our fight earlier, Doctor Hong, I’m truly sorry.” Wonwoo bowed a little, causing the stack of books in his hands to almost fall. “I didn’t mean to yell at your little sister like that.” he quickly straightened his body.

“What are you talking about? I don’t mind you two fighting. It’s fine. We used to fight a lot, too, when we were kids.” Doctor Hong laughed, lifting burdens in Wonwoo’s shoulders. He took a look at the page containing glossaries in the book on his hand. “I know both of you will soon resolve whatever problem you two have.” He added. It sounded like the doctor already knew what problem Wonwoo and she had. Did Doctor Hong listen to the entire fight?

“I’m sorry, Doctor Hong,” Wonwoo said again.

“Why do you keep apologizing? Are you scared that I won’t let you meet my sister again?”

Wonwoo froze.

Those words were said in a calm tone. Doctor Hong still had that simple smile on his face. The smile was not intimidating, either, but it made Wonwoo disturbed.

“Are you implying that I should distance myself from her?” Wonwoo asked back. His words sounded cold even to his own ears. Somehow Wonwoo thought her brother didn’t like him that much to let her being friends with him. Or because she’s dating someone else right now? Did her brother like that guy more than Wonwoo?

“If you make her cry, then I will firmly say that.” Doctor Hong answered. The answer didn’t indicate that Wonwoo was not allowed to be beside her.

“I won’t make her cry.”

“I know.”

Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows. “What are you trying to say, Doctor Hong?”

Doctor Hong chuckled this time, closing the book. “Look, Wonwoo. I’m always grateful for everything you’ve done for my little sister. I haven’t properly shown my gratitude.”

Wonwoo didn’t understand. What did she tell her brother about him? “I haven’t done much. I just help her in our club.”

Doctor Hong just smiled and put the book back on the shelf.

“You can always come here to borrow more books. And you can come for dinner, too.”

 

 

Wonwoo was looking at a stack of books on his desk. He had one book opened beside his laptop, which he had read the two pages for almost ten minutes. His attention was back to his laptop. He typed some sentences, stopped, and let out a heavy sigh. He fixed the position of his glasses and took a glance at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter