Rhyme 4.4

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Give me your note, Chan. Why didn’t I write about that part.” She said to her classmate, Lee Chan, who was sitting beside her.


Chan sighed and showed her his notebook. They’ve been discussing about the lesson for today’s test for about an hour. “But I don’t think I’ve written all of them. Some parts missing.” He supported his chin with his left hand and looked at his own hand-writing, not looking satisfied.
 

“Well, I don’t know, I wrote the previous part, but not that one.” She simply replied, writing down all she read from Chan’s book. “Professor surely gave out many things that day.” she mumbled.
 

Chan let out a sigh once again. “I hope it’s not included in the test. It’s stressing.”
 

“Yeah, I hope so.” she said, busy writing.
 

It was not her shift this morning at the library, but she kept coming and studied there. She would have an exam in four hours and she couldn’t concentrate well if she studied at home, since she was all nervous if it’s related to final test like this. She even couldn’t sleep last night and kept studying. Actually, it was no good since she looked even dreadful because lack of sleep, her legs trembling and it was like she could fall anytime, she even bumped into some people on the way to library. She just said to herself that she would sleep after the exam’s ended. Thinking about that made her calm, and she kept studying. Four hours probably looked long, but actually time flied so fast, so maybe in a blink of an eye, it was already the exam time. 
 

She was about to take another book to read when she saw blood stain on her book. Her eyes widened in horror. What is this…
 

“Yah, yah! You get a nosebleed!” Chan sounded panicked.


She wiped out her nose and the blood was now all over her hand. Well, that was bad. “I can handle this. Don’t worry.” She said, trying to keep calm. Deep inside, she was freaked out. She never got nosebleed before, but she had read things about it. Nosebleed occurred because of infection and allergic, or when nasal membranes dried out and cracked, which caused by change in temperature or humidity. There were many things caused nosebleed, anyways.  She didn’t think she had allergies, but she knew the weather change really had an impact on her. Oh, well.
 

She quickly grabbed tissues in her bag and exited herself. “I’ll be right back, Chan!” she said. As she was already outside the library, she stood straight and looked up at the sky while pinching her nose. Actually, she didn’t really know how to make it stop, she just hoped it just stopped already. It scared her how the blood kept running down.
 

“Hey, are you okay?!” she heard that familiar panicked voice. She turned her head only to find Jeon Wonwoo walking up to her. She wanted to greet him politely with a smile but this nosebleed stopped her from doing so. She just wiped her nose with tissues she brought from the library, but all of them were red because of blood. She just stared at him awkwardly, meanwhile Jeon Wonwoo
 

He looked freaking worried. That was weird to see that expression on his face since he never showed one. And he barely wore glasses. She blinked many times. He looked a bit different. Was it because they didn’t meet every day like usual?
 

“Sunbae, I’m fine. No need to worry.” She tried to smile, but maybe it looked weird because of the tissues she put under her nose. 
 

He ignored her. “Keep looking up, holding your head up straight.” He said, patting her shoulder slowly. “Keep that way for more than five minutes.”
 

She obediently did it. While keeping holding her head up straight, she breathed from , hoping the bleeding would stop soon. She didn’t know how long she did that, and how long Jeon Wonwoo standing beside her, but then she felt the bleeding stopped.
 

“It stops.” she exclaimed, hoping the same reaction from him.
 

But Jeon Wonwoo didn’t give her any reaction, instead he stared at her with flat expression plastered on his face, he asked, “Did you pull an all-nighter?”
 

“Well, o-oh, yeah, I did.” She replied carefully since he seemed not like the idea. “I did it for my exam today.”
 

“When will the exam start?”
 

“In four hours.”
 

“Then, you can sleep for one hour or two.”
 

She blinked, afraid if she misheard what he said. “I’m fine, I can handle this. I will sleep after the exam over.”
 

He didn’t look happy to hear her words. “No, you need to sleep. Go to the clinic and sleep there.” he pointed some direction with his finger, somewhere in his department building area.
 

“B-but, what about my exam? I still need to study.” She tried to explain the situation.
 

“I don’t tell you not to continue studying. I told you to sleep first so that you will study again after that.”
 

She hated it if he’s like this again, he turned into his annoying nagging self, which he was always been when they two were not close. Well, he’s still like that when they were already close, but not like this one. This one was different, it had different aura. Was it because he looked worried? She stared at him and silently made a note to self that by him being like this, he much looked like her big brother. 
 

“What are you looking at? Come with me to the clinic. It’s near my department.” He said, it most looked like an order.
 

“Wait, I’ll take my books.” She was about to go inside the library, but he stopped her.
 

“No, I’ll take care of that.” he said. “You need to go to the clinic first.”
 

Even though she was puzzled with what he said, she at last trailed behind him, following him to the clinic near his department.
 

 

 

 

 

“They say it’s not good to lie down when you had nosebleed.”


“Yeah. It will choke you.”
 

“So, I don’t need to sleep, right?”
 

“Bleeding stops, and just need some more time to make sure it doesn’t start again, and then you can sleep. Or you want to sleep with just sitting on the bed?”
 

Wonwoo heard her grumbling but obediently sitting on the clinic bed, folding arms in front of her chest. He knew he made her annoyed again, but what could he do? He was worried about her. She clearly didn’t like the idea of her sleeping for some hours before her test today, but he was worried if she didn’t sleep, she would sleep during the exam which was bad. He knew he shouldn’t be worried sick like this since he heard that she always did great in every class she took, but really, if she was not in good condition like this, she probably couldn’t pass the exam.
 

“Sunbae, if I sleep, it will take hours, and I can’t miss the test.” She told him.
 

He sighed. “Don’t worry, I’ll wake you up.”
 

She blinked. “So, you will stay here?”
 

He didn’t know whether she prefer him to stay or leave, but then he said, “I’ll just leave and come back in one or two hours.” Which actually he wouldn’t do that. He of course would stay and take care of her while she was sleeping.
 

She looked at him after some seconds and finally said. “Oh yeah, you have to go to the lab.”
 

Actually Wonwoo didn’t have anything to do in the lab today, but he didn’t know how to reply her. All she knew was that he was busy in the lab so he couldn’t meet her regularly like days before, but actually all he did was trying to avoid meeting her. She really believed him, like she didn’t think any other possibilities. Would she believe him also if he said he was in love with her from long time ago?
 

“Yeah.” He replied.
 

She gave him a simple smile. “I think I just need to sleep straight away so you can go back to the lab.” She started to lie down on the bed. “Sorry for trouble you, sunbae.” She apologized.
 

He just stared at her intently, looking at bags under her eyes. It hurt him somehow. “It’s nothing.”
 

She just smiled again at him and started to close her eyes. Wonwoo kept looking at her intently. He didn’t know he would face a day like this, it was like just a reverse of what had happened a year ago. It was him taken to clinic, lying on the bed because of cold, and now she was the one who was taken to clinic. Sometimes, he wondered what she did at that time when he was lying down sleeping. Did she leave him to the library? Did she just stay and wait for him to wake up? Nobody knew, she didn’t tell him anything. Even when they had dinner after that, they didn’t talk much about how she brought him to the clinic. He remembered clearly that after that dinner, she bid a goodbye and left. He didn’t ask where her home was, but it seemed like she didn’t go straight home. She said something before, like she would wait or meet someone before going home. Then, it was the last time he saw her, he saw her walking to different direction. He didn’t do much like looking at her until she was out of his sight, because he always thought they would meet again.
 

Yeah, they met again, after a year.
 

She suddenly spoke, made him back to reality. “Sunbae, talk to me about something.”
 

He tried to sound cool, even though he was really speechless to have her staring at him like this. “Huh? Talk about what?”
 

“Anything, anything will be good.” She replied, her eyes were still on him. “I’m not sleepy enough to sleep.”
 

He rolled his eyes at her. “You didn’t sleep last night and now you’re not feeling sleepy?”
 

She chuckled. “If I’m thinking too much like this about the exam, I cannot fall asleep. And you told me to sleep, remember?” she reminded him.
 

“Yeah, I’m afraid you’ll sleep during the exam.” He replied honestly. “But you do need to rest your body and your head, even for some moment.”
 

“I won’t sleep during the exam.” She reassured him.
 

“Who knows? You even got nosebleed before the exam.” He shot.
 

She sighed. “Yeah, you’re right.” she started to close her eyes again. “I don’t like the feel like a patient like this. It’s the first time in my whole life I go and sleep in a clinic.”
 

“Why is that?”
 

“I always try not to have severe illness, I mean, I don’t want to be treated and stay in hospital or clinic.”
 

“You know, sometimes you just can’t avoid it.” he remembered the time he fell sick himself and she took him to the clinic. He didn’t even expect it, yet he was taken to clinic and slept all day long.
 

“You’re right again, sunbae.” She nodded.
 

“Take care of your body so you won’t fall sick easily. Eat more, sleep more, and don’t overwork yourself.” He said to her.
 

She formed a small smile. “You sound like my dad.”
 

“So, you think of me as your dad now?” he couldn’t handle himself to say this.
 

She giggled. “No, no. You’re still a big brother to me.”
 

That one word again.
 

Brother.
 

Couldn’t she think of him more than just a brother? It hurt him again to hear that one word escaped , like he would never have a chance to have her heart.
 

“Yah.” He called her.
 

“Hm?”
 

“Can’t you to think of me not as a brother?”
 

“Hm? What are you talking about?” he saw her yawning.
 

“Because a brother can’t date his own sister.”
 

Wonwoo didn’t hear any reply from her. She was already asleep, her face looked so peaceful. He smiled bitterly, much to himself, and he kind of regretted what he had said to her. He didn’t know if she heard what he said or not, but he thought he shouldn’t say them. Not now. But when would he say it then? That he always hurt whenever he remembered her dating that Kim Mingyu guy? That it suffocated him every time he remembered about her and that guy kissing in front of his eyes? When would he say it then? 
 

When?
 

He walked closer to the bed and reached out his hand to gently pat her head. To see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter