Rhyme 7

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was also tiring, but Mingyu happily finished his job at the café as he would have a date with his girlfriend. Being all diligent boy he was today, he felt like he would get something as a present. Well, today was his birthday, anyway.

Mingyu and his girlfriend were still in a restaurant in Itaewon after finishing eating briskets. His girlfriend brought him a red velvet cake with candles on top of it, surprising him when he just arrived at the restaurant two hours ago. It seemed like she has planned this beforehand with the restaurant management. Some of the waiters even wore birthday hats and popped confetti for him, some other singing happy birthday. Mingyu didn’t know that his girlfriend has planned all of this. He was over the moon. This was the best birthday ever.

He felt happy and was in good mood, even after the last piece of cake he ate. Even for the questions usually he didn’t want to answer, he would answer them with a happy heart.

Even a question related to a person he really hated.

“Ming-goo, do you mind if I explain something to you but it’s related to Wonwoo sunbae?”

His girlfriend was really aware that he hated that guy to the extent she composed her question that way. It was thoughtful of her.

He knew she was going to tell him about what had happened five years ago, but he asked her again. “What’s it about?”

“It’s… it’s about how I met him for the first time.” she looked a bit restless, and now she was waiting for his response to continue.

“What do you want to explain? I think I’ve known the story from our dinner that day.” he was sure he sounded cool so that she wouldn’t feel that restless anymore. “He has saved you, right?”

She blinked many times, not expecting that kind of response. “Yeah.” She replied. “But I haven’t told you the entire story. I don’t want you to misunderstand.”

 “You haven’t talked about it before. I never thought such events existed, that you met that senior a long time ago.” He responded, jealousy easily caught in his voice. Then, his voice changed into a regretful tone. “And about that drunk boy, too.”

Her eyes looked dim. “Yeah, that one, too.”

“You don’t have to tell me about that one, darling.” Mingyu quickly shook his hands. “I know it’s not something you easily tell to everyone.” he added, looking at her intently as he worried she would get sad reminded about that boy from years ago. “But, if you want to tell me, I’m ready to listen. You don’t have to tell me everything, but you can trust me.”

Starting by giving a simple smile, she told him her story. She always told every story in a detailed way that you wouldn’t miss any details. Mingyu asked her not to tell him all the details about that night because he knew it was something she wanted to erase the most. She nodded and said she would just tell him what she remembered. After that day, her mom or dad always picked her up at school, and for some other days, her brother waited for her at the bus stop. He could feel her trauma, even though she said she was fine now.

The story continued on Jeon Wonwoo. She told Mingyu about how that guy save

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter