Rhyme 5.5.1

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click! Click! Click!

Hey, what was that?

Camera flashes? Again?

Mingyu looked around. People around him just walked like usual and no one brought a camera. He tried to control his breath. He had been hearing the flashes many times to the point he thought that someone just took pictures of him and that person must be hiding now.

“Hyung?”

Hansol’s voice took Mingyu back to reality. He turned around to see Hansol furrowing eyebrows in confusion.

“What’s wrong?” Hansol asked while fixing his backpack strap on his shoulder. He just went out of a flower shop and bought with him a bouquet of rose.

Thinking that he might just imagine things, Mingyu flashed a smile and answered. “Nothing.”

“You look worried, anyway, but yeah, I’m sorry to trouble you.” Hansol smiled apologetically. “You have to take my shift tomorrow.”

Mingyu shook his head. They just finished buying some stocks for the cafe today and they went home together. But since Hansol needed to go to a flower shop, they came to one that was close with their workplace. “It’s okay, really. You’ve said sorry to me thousands of times already. I’m tired.” He joked around.

Hansol smiled shyly. “Anyway, I’m afraid to disturb your plan to date with your girlfriend.” They then left the flower shop and headed to a bus stop.

“She’s going to an MT with her club mates for today and will come back tomorrow,” Mingyu replied, smiling without him knowing. His girlfriend’s face popped on his mind. He knew she was going to spend her time with her photography members and she would get back home tomorrow. The MT location was somewhere Songpa District. She had sent a text to him this morning saying that she would go to her campus to later go with her members after lunch time. It was almost lunchtime. She probably was already on her campus.

“Oh, I see.” Hansol nodded in response.

Mingyu stared at the flower bouquet. “Good choice. Are you dating someone?”

“Yes, I’m dating my grandmother.” Hansol playfully gave a quick answer. “I’ve told you I will pick her up at the airport. She just comes back to Seoul after some years. I think it’ll be a good choice to give this to her.”

Mingyu nodded as he remembered the fact that Hansol had some of his family members living in the States. “Flowers are never wrong.” He nodded again.

“What’s your girl favorite flower?”

Hey, good question.

Mingyu’s girl never told him about her favorite flowers, but he once gave her roses. She looked happy at that time, but he never asked her favorite.

“I bet you have many things on your head planning for your 200th-day celebration,” Hansol answered the question himself.

“Look, I don’t have to bring flowers, right?” Mingyu looked at Hansol.

“Yeah, do not. But you said you want to give a surprise to her. Have you thought about it?”

“I did. I plan to come to her house.” He replied simply.

“Just it?” Hansol was dumbfounded. “I thought you prepare something big.”

“Hey, I don’t know anything about celebration. She’s the only girl I ever date.” Mingyu replied. And their last celebration, the 100th day, they went to watch a movie and had dinner after that. It was seen like their usual date, but they bought some couple-things that day. “Anyway, we’re just happy being in each other’s company.”

“Eyy, imagine how happy she is to get a surprise from you, like flowers. She, I bet, will love you more.”

Oh, thinking about her just made Mingyu feel warm. Oh, he could not wait to see her again.

“When is your 200th day?” Hansol asked again as his bus was coming.

“On Sunday, this Sunday.”

“Oh, you should prepare it quickly.” He said before got on the bus, leaving Mingyu who would take the next bus with a different route.

He was still thinking about how to celebrate their 200th day, but then he remembered one thing.

There was one thing that would make her very happy, besides his existence, of course.

He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

The thing was after he ended up the call with a smile on his face, he clearly saw someone who looked at him, through a camera on the opposite of the street.

That man was wearing a baseball cap, black t-shirt, beige shirt, and jeans.

What is he doing?

That man was looking at Mingyu again through the camera’s lenses.

Mingyu didn’t know why, but he ran leaving the bus stop. He quickly tried to reach the opposite street and to face that person. Why, why was he being followed? And being captured?

Why?

That person looked confused to have Mingyu stop in front of him.

Mingyu didn’t say any words but then tried to take the camera from that guy.

“Excuse me, excuse me! What the hell are you doing!?” that guy sounded very irritated. His loud angry voice attracted some people’s attention. He tried to release Mingyu’s hands on his camera. The camera almost fell from their hands, but the guy managed to save it.

Mingyu was still trying to breathe normally. “What… did you do?” Gosh, he couldn’t stop himself, he really wanted to break the guy’s camera. He was really blinded by anger. His insecurity ate him up again.

That guy looked very confused, hiding his camera behind his back. “What the hell did I do!?” that guy looked closely at Mingyu and it seemed like he just recognized who he was. “You...”

That was weird. He was like he knew Mingyu somehow, but it was still strange. Mingyu hissed. He was just feeling uneasy. He wanted to solve this problem quickly. “Whatever you have done, please delete my photos.”

That guy looked super shocked. “What? Your photos?”

“Yes, photos you had in your camera,” Mingyu replied, trying to stay calm. He pointed at the camera the guy hid.

“Are you crazy? Why do you think I have your photos here?” that guy replied sarcastically. Mingyu couldn’t describe it but the guy was clearly annoyed. Mingyu just had placed this guy in an awkward and annoying situation. Well, he was too much.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter