Rhyme 5.4

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, why don’t we make it on the same day as Mingyu’s birthday?”

Mingyu rolled his eyes.

Oh really, he didn’t expect Jia to say those words. He didn’t know what her intention was, but so far after giving some ideas for the concept of the reunion, she started to be annoying, like all things she said related to Mingyu and she kept asking Mingyu’s opinion, all the time. Perhaps it’s good to ask other’s opinion, but it’s just Mingyu’s and Mingyu could tell his other friends were clearly annoyed. And Soyoon looked so sorry, because she was the one who brought Jia here. Oh, she just accidentally met Jia when she was heading here, and Jia was just going out from salon near this café. Mingyu didn’t blame Soyoon though, even though it just didn’t feel the same when they discussed this event last year without Jia.

Yeah, they could do this again without her in some days, he was sure his friends would like to do the same.

“Mingyu’s birthday…” Seungkwan murmured. “It’s on April 6th, right?”

“It’s on…” Seokmin checked his phone’s calendar. “…Friday.”

Jia nodded enthusiastically. “It’s perfect, right? Many kids will come since it will be held on weekend.”

“Maybe you forget, Jia, we always hold the reunion on weekend.” Soon-young reminded everyone. Sujeong nodded in agreement.

“I don’t think we should make it on Mingyu’s birthday. It’s not like we’re going to hold Mingyu’s birthday party, we’re going to have our class year reunion.” Sujeong shot. She looked at Mingyu. “No offence, Mingyu, but you can celebrate it not on the same day as our reunion.” Mingyu just nodded to Sujeong. Jia looked a bit irritated but she kept smiling anyway.

They somehow kept arguing about it couldn’t be the same as Mingyu’s birthday and Sujeong looked very upset about Jia’s idea. Mingyu sighed and he realized that Sujeong could be this sensitive sometimes. It’s clearly seen because she just didn’t like it that Jia was here, same as him. Suddenly this meeting became very boring and Mingyu hoped this would end soon. He took his phone from his jacket pocket and quickly typed a text for his girlfriend.

Mingyu couldn’t hide his smile as he got a reply.

 

From: 울 자기❤

Alright~! Enjoy your time with the kids. Be careful on your way here~ I love you, too~!!!❤❤❤❤

 

Look at those love emoji and those exclamation marks after the words ‘I love you, too’.

Oh, could he just leave and meet his girlfriend? This kind of text always made him wanting to run to her.

“But it’s still somewhere in April, right?” Jia asked, made Mingyu coming back to reality.

“I think the other 10 days after 10th will be good.” Soyoon suggested. “Like the 14th.”

Mingyu nodded as he slipped his phone back to his pocket. “14th will be good.”

Soon-young nodded. “I think that will be great, on 14th.” He looked at everyone. “What do you guys think?” the rest nodded in agreement.

“Since we’ve decided the theme, I think it’s fixed on April 14th?” Seokmin asked.

All of them nodded and they wrapped their meeting today. Seungkwan suggested to meet again next week, saying that he would contact the kids again before that. Mingyu nodded and checked his wrist watch. It was just 2 hours before 4 pm. The meeting ended faster than he thought. Maybe it was because it was just the first meeting and there would be more in the future. He was busy collecting his stuff as he felt a pat on his arm.

“Mingyu, let’s go to karaoke!” it was Jia who patted his arm.

Mingyu looked up at her. “Huh?”

“That’s a great idea!” Seokmin said, beaming. “I have no class after this.” Sujeong, who previously looked down and irritated, looked so bright and enthusiastically nodded. Even Soyoon looked the same. Soon-young smiled widely to see many kids joining.

“I’m in!” Seungkwan raised his hand. He looked at the rest of his friends. “We all can go, right? It’s been a while.”

Mingyu could see all his friends smiling in excitement. Yeah, it’s really been a while.

They went to karaoke and Seungkwan, Soon-young and Seokmin started to pick songs and sang crazily. Sujeong and Soyoon laughed very hard to see their friends and Mingyu saw both of them almost crying because they laughed too much. It was really fun to bring the trio to karaoke like this. Mingyu felt his stomach hurt because of laughing too much. They all seemed enjoyed the karaoke time, but not Jia. Jia didn’t look like she enjoyed the moment because she just looked at Mingyu and hoped for a collaboration but Mingyu refused, since he didn’t feel like singing right now. It was just amusing to see his friends singing crazily like this.

“Oh, it’s boring. Why didn’t you want to sing with me?” Jia almost screamed when Mingyu didn’t hear what she said for almost the entire time.

Mingyu just ignored her and just curled a smile. He took a mineral water bottle on the table and took a sip of it. “You can sing all you want, Jia, but I don’t really want to sing today. It’s enough for me to see the kids.” He said, rising up his voice because the music was too loud.

“Why, Mingyu? You didn’t want to make some good memories with me?” Jia pouted.

Mingyu replied. “What do you mean?”

Jia just stared at him, but then rose from her seat to join Sujeong singing. Mingyu sighed once again and drank his water. He had his phone simultaneously vibrated, giving a sign of a call, and then he exited the room to pick it up.

“Hello?”

No answers. The call was hung up a second after.

Mingyu looked down at his phone to see the person who called him and it was from a girl from his blind dates long time ago. He saw some texts he hadn’t read and all were from that girl. Right, he hadn’t read them because the content of the text was the same, that that girl asked Mingyu to meet her, to go on dates again. The thing was he had told her about him having a girlfriend but she didn’t believe him. It was mostly like Jia who didn’t believe him, too. Why everybody didn’t believe him? He didn’t even hide that fact, but those girls kept acting like Mingyu was a liar.

“I see, you still get love text and calls?” Jia suddenly appeared behind him.

Mingyu turned around, smiling like nothing happened. He turned off his phone and then slide it into his pocket. “It’s from a friend.”

“A friend?” Jia raised her eyebrows. “Isn’t it from the girl you met for blind dates months ago? A college friend of Seokmin?”

It was weird how Jia knew about this. “What?”

Jia smiled in victory, since she guessed it right. “Mingyu, I know you ignore me because you’re busy going on dates with those girls from blind dates. But I don’t know why you should lie to me saying that you already had a girlfriend.”

What was that? Jia thought of him like that.

“What? I’m not lying that I have a girlfriend.” Mingyu replied, trying his best not to look upset.

“Oh, you must say that only to ignore me, right?” Jia stared at him, she looked unhappy.

Oh.

Why did she bring this again?

Before he could react, Jia blabbered again. “You ignore me but still going on dates with some girls you don’t even know, but finally stop going on dates with them as you realize you don’t like them.” she kept staring at him, acting like she knew everything. “But they keep asking to meet you again, right? Because they’re already attracted to you. They like you, but you can’t meet them again because you tell them you already have a girlfriend?” she scoffed.

“Why do you think I go on blind dates?” Mingyu asked her back. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. “Of course I’m hoping to get a girlfriend. And since I already have one, don’t you think I should stop going on blind dates?”

Jia still stared at him in disbelief. “And who’s this lucky girl?” she asked him in a voice he hated, she clearly mocked him.

“She’s Soon-young’s best friend.” Mingyu firmly replied.

“Soon-young’s… best friend?” Jia looked a bit puzzled. He could sense that she didn’t even know about who Soon-young’s best friend was.

“I guess you will see her on our reunion day.” Mingyu gave her a small smile.

Jia burst into laughter. Mingyu blinked many times to see her laughing.

“This sounds like a complete lying plan to me.” Jia then said, still laughing.

“What?” Mingyu felt annoyed. She didn’t even believe his words. “Lie?”

Jia wiped tears from the corner of her eyes. “Of course you plan this with Soon-young, right?” she said.

Mingyu rolled his eyes. “Really, Jia, why should I plan this?”

“Of course to push me away, you make excuses.” Jia reasoned.

“Nonsense.”

Jia looked annoyed as well. “So, why are you doing this to me, huh?”

“Yah—“

Suddenly, Soon-young went out the room and looked confused to have Mingyu and Jia in the hallway. The situation became awkward.

“Mingyu, you haven’t had your turn.” Soon-young said, but he looked like busy figuring out what had happened between two people in front of him.

“Sorry, Soon-young,” Mingyu murmured an apology and Soon-young looked confused, “but, what time is this?” he could check his watch himself, but by asking that question hopefully it could distract Soon-young from being curious.

Soon-young looked down at his watch. “It’s twenty minutes to 4.” He looked up at Mingyu, still having that curious look on his face.

“Okay, I should go.” Mingyu patted Soon-young’s shoulder. He glanced at Jia, walking pass her to their karaoke room and bidding a goodbye for the rest of his friends. Mingyu checked his watch, hoping that he still could get the bus and it wouldn’t take much time to go to his girl’s campus. He was almost reaching the bus stop but Jia called him and stopped him.

“Mingyu, wait!”

Mingyu sighed once again. He didn’t like it that this girl stopped him. He thought they didn’t have anything to discuss again. “What is it?”

“I don’t get it why you hate me so much.” Jia said as she reached him. He sighed. Jia was so stubborn that she couldn’t let this topic go, even he has clearly showed that he was irritated.

“It’s not like I hate you, but we’re just friends, so nothing I should hate from you.” He replied, managing to walk towards the bus stop but Jia stopped him again. What again?

Jia’s eyes slightly flickered in anger. “I don’t like you to say ‘just friends’ to my face. You know I have feelings for you.”

“And you know I can’t accept them.” he gave a simple reply. What did she expect from him?

“You’re lying, Mingyu. You can’t get a girlfriend, I know you have high standard in girls.” Jia blabbered her theory, again.

Mingyu laughed dryly to hear this, and just thought about his girlfriend. They almost reached their 200th day and here Jia said he couldn’t get a girlfriend? It was not even about standard, but it was only about who could make you feel comfortable and happy. And he knew Jia would never provide him those things, because he didn’t even feel happy anymore with her around.

“For your information, I’ve found the right person and I’m happy with her. I don’t need anything else.” He said.

“You’re joking.” She mocked him again.

“I don’t even ask you to believe me.”

“But why don’t you decide to date me?”

He raised an eyebrow. “What? Date you?”

Jia smirked and nodded. “You know, the kids from our school always said that Kim Mingyu couldn’t ever get a date because he has many criteria for a perfect girlfriend. The only girl he ever liked and confessed his feelings to is Yoo Jia.” He could s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter