Rhyme 4.3

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu immediately left his work place after his shift ended. He couldn’t wait anymore. He wanted to see his girlfriend after what he had been saying to those girl customers that he would meet her. Yes, he lied, that was right, but he didn’t regret it since all he wanted was to make those girls stop asking him to hang out with them. He actually found many girls flirting at him at the place he worked, but he barely faced those who were stubborn enough to keep asking him out. Well, he didn’t complain, but maybe this was how the business worked, like Jihoon said, employing him and Hansol was a good thing since they could attract customers. Mingyu never thought that was bad as he never thought he somehow was employed to attract customers like that. He only thought that he was working there because he liked the job. Unexpected things always happened anytime, so he just needed to go through it.


Anyway, he couldn’t wait to see his girlfriend.
 

He arrived in front of her house and quickly dialed her number. Just in some seconds she picked the call.
 

“Hello? Ming-goo, you’re already home?” that was she said.
 

“Darling, just go outside your house.”
 

“Eh, what?” she sounded confused.
 

“I’m outside.” He said simply.
 

“Are you serious?”
 

He giggled. “Why don’t you check?”
 

It took about two minutes for her to go outside her house. When she opened the gate, he couldn’t hide his smile. His smile grew even wider when she just blinked at him without even saying anything.
 

“Ming-goo, why are you here?” that was what he heard later.
 

He just walked up to her, smile didn’t leave his lips. It was nice to see her at night time like this. He saw her hair wet and she was wearing comfortable clothes, seemed like she was ready to rest and sleep. Oh, he hoped she didn’t mind for a little night date.
 

“A short night date, what do you think? I’m still hungry after I finished my shift. I didn’t eat much for dinner though.” He chuckled.
 

She widened her eyes. “A date?”
 

He patted her head. “Yeah, just go inside, and take your coat and scarf, okay?” he stared at her. “I promise the date won’t take too long.”
 

She narrowed her eyes. “Did something happen?”
 

He giggled. “No, no. Really.” He turned her body and pushed her back. “Come on, take your coat. Don’t forget to tell your parents that Mingyu wants to have a short night date with their daughter, I hope they don’t mind.” 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo was walking slowly, almost like a zombie, back to his lab. He really had no energy to come back to his lab to finish what he should work on for his project for today. Really, if he didn’t come back to his lab, he would look like a complete idiot, standing alone at the bus stop, looking at the direction where she left with a bus forty five minutes ago.


That scene kept repeated in his mind.
 

It was really shocking, she hugged him suddenly.
 

It was not like he didn’t like it, but he never predicted that it would happen.
 

Sometimes God answered your pray too quick, real quick. 
 

He did miss her and he wanted so much to give her a tight hug. But what he got was she hugged him, too sudden, and he couldn’t control his heartbeat. He thought his heart was going to explode. That feeling, it was weird yet pleasant. It was the first time for him to be hugged like that. He still felt how her hands circling around his waist, and the way she rested her head on his chest. He was afraid she heard his rapid heartbeat, but she didn’t say anything. They just stayed that way for almost 13 minutes, with her talking about the weather, temperature and cold, which he just replied short and simple. He was too busy to control his heartbeat, he couldn’t respond her properly.
 

The thing he regretted was that he didn’t hug her back, where actually he really wanted to do that so freaking bad. But…
 

Because you’re just like my older brother, that’s why I will always follow your advice.
 

Those words echoed again in his head. His heart hurt.
 

That was the thing he regretted the most.
 

Ah, you mean what if you gave opposite advice at that time.
 

He suddenly hated himself more today. He had lost his biggest chance, just because he had no clue, totally had no clue about that.
 

Of course, I will follow what you say, sunbae.
 

If he freaking said the opposite advice, telling her that she shouldn’t follow her heart and just forget that guy, it would surely not turn like this, everything would change. And if he freaking tried to confess his feelings to her, this would never going to happen. She wouldn’t end up dating that Kim Mingyu guy, and she was still with him here. Wait, Wonwoo didn’t know she would stay by his side or not after his confession, but he predicted that he wouldn’t ever feel miserable like this.
 

No, he would not end up like this, feeling warm because of her hug but actually that hug was just given since she thought of him as a brother.
 

A brother.
 

Just a brother.
 

A brother.
 

Why did that one word hurt him so much?
 

Pathetic, he cursed himself.
 

 

 

 

“Sooo, why are we having a night date?” she asked Mingyu when they were having a walk in the side of Han river, hand in hand, and were also eating some street snacks. They bought a plastic bag full of odeng. Mingyu decided to have just snacks so they could have a walk like this.


Mingyu glanced at her and smiled. “Nothing. I just want to meet you.”
 

She swung his hand back and forth with a quick speed. “Tell me the truth.” He giggled.
 

“Alright, alright.” He replied. “Some girl customers asked me to go to karaoke together. Then I told them I was going to meet you after my shift ended.”


He saw her wrinkled her forehead. “You told them about me?”
 

“Yeah, I had to.” He grinned, looking her expression didn’t change, he added, “darling, I had to do that. I didn’t want to go with them, anyway. I’m just being honest here.”
 

She smirked. “I bet this date was not on your plan, right? This is a plan B?” she chewed her odeng happily.
 

“Actually, I don’t think this is a plan B, I didn’t plan this, I just suddenly decided it.”
 

“That’s cool.”
 

“I know right.”
 

“I don’t know but I got a feeling like you’re like telling the world that you have a girlfriend.” She joked around.
 

He liked the way she concluded it. “Of course, I always tell everyone that I finally have a girlfriend, I even show your photo to everyone who ask about you.”
 

She shook her head. “God, Kim Mingyu, I don’t know you did that.”
 

“Why not? I like it, you being my girlfriend.” He giggled. He then realized something. “You, you didn’t do the same?” he asked her carefully.
 

“Do what?” she blinked in confusion.
 

“T-telling about me, to the world.” He stuttered. They never talked about this, really. But actually he noticed that she never posted anything about him on her SNS. She only posted about books she read and found in the library, or food she ate during their dates, but no photos of him. Well. “You don’t do that?” he was waiting for her answer, curious.
 

She gave him a smile. “No.”
 

Mingyu frowned. “No?”
 

“No. Yeah, I didn’t do that, I’m not telling everybody, and nobody asks about it actually.” She answered honestly. “But yeah, I told Soon-young and Jun, and my brother, and my parents, and Wonwoo sunbae.”
 

He was still frowned. “I thought you’re that happy to date me and finally end up telling everybody.”
 

“No, actually I didn’t do things like that.” she said.
 

“Why not?” he pouted. He needed to know the reason.
 

“Because I want to keep you just for myself. I don’t want more of girls see you. I’ve seen lots during high school, anyway, those girls who cannot stop looking at you.” She mumbled. He didn’t understand her words at first, but then he got it. Oh my, oh my. She could be jealous as well, but she barely showed it.
 

He smirked. “Ah, maybe that’s why you don’t want me to pick you up at your campus? You don’t want your friends fangirling over me once they see me?”
 

“Oh, shut up.” She said, giving no more comments.
 

Mingyu couldn’t hide his wide smile. He tightened his hand in hers. “I like it, I like it that way. It just means you love me too much.”
 

“Oh, don’t conclude it like that. It’s embarrassing.” She looked away.
 

He kept staring at her. “For your information, I love you too much, too.”
 

She still looked away, but he could see her face turned slightly red. He giggled.
 

They kept walking on the side of the river, talking some other more things about what happened to them during the day. Mingyu then knew that she had spent her dinner time with that Jeon Wonwoo sunbaenim. She told him that that sunbaenim was really busy because of his project, he even didn’t come to the club’s meeting. That was weird, but maybe that sunbaenim has found his priority at the moment. Mingyu was amazed how she could convince that sunbaenim to have dinner together, since he had told her earlier that he was very busy. She told Mingyu that that Jeon Wonwoo even told her not to wait for him anymore after her shift ended. It seemed like they wouldn’t go home together like usual, which actually it was a good thing for Mingyu. He didn’t want her to spend too much time with that sunbaenim. O-oh, he sounded too jealous, but he couldn’t help it. 
 

“Why did he say?” Mingyu asked him as she said that she had told that sunbaenim about them dating.
 

“Not much, it looked like he had predicted about this.” She giggled. “I think it’s not even bad to not telling him sooner, since he had predicted all of it.”
 

“Did he look like he was jealous?” Mingyu suddenly said.
 

“What?” she sounded confused.
 

“I mean, when you said we’re going out, did he look jealous about the news?”
 

She blinked in confusion. “Why should he look jealous?”
 

Mingyu sighed. “Never mind. I will take it like he didn’t look jealous.” He just smiled at her, not even telling her about the thought in his mind, that he thought that that Jeon Wonwoo sunbaenim liked her. He probably was jealous, right, that sunbaenim? Mingyu’s predictio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter