Rhyme 4

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo didn’t like the stares his friends gave him now. They all looked concerned, and confused. It had been two hours and Wonwoo still got fever. He felt his head hurt. This was bad, he had to work on his project next morning in his lab. He couldn’t be like this.


“What happened, really? This was all because of her?” Seung-cheol looked upset and Wonwoo didn’t know why. Wonwoo flatly stared at him, and then took the thermometer in his mouth. 37 degrees. Well, he was really burning up.
 

“But the weather was cold, and he was tired from the trip and all, his immune system couldn’t handle that.” Jeonghan commented. He gave Wonwoo small wet towel, and Wonwoo obediently put it on his own forehead. He started to lie down on his bed. He closed his eyes and sighed.
 

“What did you see? She was really with that guy from her high school days?” Seung-cheol blurted out. Wonwoo didn’t give any answer. He was still hurt, his head hurt, all his body hurt. The sight of her hugging and kissing with other guy made him hurt even more.
 

“What happened in these past two weeks when I was not here?” instead, he was asking that one question in mind. Some seconds of silence came in. 
 

Jeonghan sighed, then he started to explain. “Nothing happened, Wonwoo. We still had the meeting on weekends, and extra meeting last Wednesday, she wasn’t seen with that guy. She just went with the recent members as we had picked a new leader.”
 

“Who’s the new leader?” Wonwoo asked, his eyes were still closed.
 

“Seo Myungho.” It was Seung-cheol who answered.
 

“Ah, that kid.” Wonwoo didn’t give any more reaction, he just remembered that one kid who was the first person who registered as new member as they opened the new recruitment.
 

“What are you feeling now? Betrayal?” Jeonghan asked him. “You’re hurt because of that, what she did with other guy?” Betrayal was not the right word, but Wonwoo was kind of disappointed. But he didn’t know why.
 

“It was not a betrayal, you didn’t even let her know your feelings from the first place.” Seung-cheol shot. “And you two are not dating.”
 

Wonwoo sighed. It was not what he wanted right now, being judged by his friends, but his friends never meant bad to him, but he just slightly annoyed this time. He opened his eyes and found his two friends still looking at him. Seung-cheol still looked annoyed, he crossed his arms in front of his chest, and Jeonghan otherwise looked worried.
 

“Tell me,” Wonwoo started to open his mouth,”even friends tell everything to their friends, right?”
 

“Ah, you mean, you’re her friend and why she didn’t tell you about her dating that guy?” Seung-cheol asked.
 

Why did he have to make it very clear?
 

“Not all people tell all about their selves to other people completely, you know, there are things people can’t tell to others.” Jeonghan added. “Maybe she’s close with you, telling everything about her, but not about this one, simply because she doesn’t want to talk this with you. Well, there are many reasons you can think about.” He shrugged. 


“But, why... can’t she tell me?” Wonwoo slowly opened his eyes. He still didn’t get that one. He remembered she even asked his advice about this matter once, wouldn’t she tell something related to this to him back if there was something really happen?
 

“Yah,” Jeonghan talked again,”if I can give one clear example, your own friend, this Choi Seung-cheol,” he turned around and pointed at Seung-cheol, who looked totally confused,”did he ever tell you that he falls in love with a noona who lives next to his flat?”
 

“YAH, YOON JEONGHAN!” Seung-cheol yelled. He tried to shut Jeonghan by covering Jeonghan’s mouth with his palm, but Jeonghan gracefully ran away.
 

“Chill, Seung-cheol, chill.” Jeonghan said,” I just want to give Wonwoo clear example.”
 

“But not my case, though.” Seung-cheol grumbled.
 

Wonwoo blinked. Seung-cheol never told him that fact. Why everybody not telling him anything?
 

“Okay, the reason is simply, why he didn’t tell you,” Jeonghan added after coughing, looking at Wonwoo again, ignoring Seung-cheol’s glare,”it’s because he wants to make it official, he wants to date that noona before he tells everyone else.” He said. “Everyone has a reason, then we still don’t know why she didn’t tell you about that.”
 

Wonwoo was silent, thinking some possible reasons why she didn’t tell him. Hey, they talked mostly about many things, it was like nothing she would hide from him, but why she didn’t tell him this one thing. He sighed heavily.
 

“I don’t want to say this,” Seung-cheol looked at Wonwoo,”but trying to keep her by your side is not working. She stays close to you, but do you even know the one who always gives her calls and texts? I bet you didn’t give attention to that thing.”
 

Wonwoo widened his eyes. Does it mean —
 

“Maybe she and that guy don’t meet regularly, but they still communicate.” Seung-cheol answered it for him.
 

“That’s the important thing, communication.” Jeonghan nodded.
 

“I communicate with her every day, but why she still went out with that guy?” Wonwoo didn’t believe this.
 

Jeonghan clapped. “That was like I’ve said to you, Jeon Wonwoo, it is related to how she likes you.” He said. “If she likes you as a friend, no matter how many times you try to stick yourself to her, she will still see you that way.” Jeonghan’s words slapped Wonwoo right on his face.
 

How did she see Wonwoo then?


Answering this question on his mind again, then Seungcheol said
 

“I think she likes you as a brother.”
 

Wonwoo blinked many times.
 

Brother?
 

“That’s probably right. You said she has a brother, right? And he’s away from town?” Jeonghan looked at Wonwoo. Wonwoo was dumbfounded by his words. No, he never thought of that. Did she…really think of him like that?
 

“Maybe you give her that comfort, the same comfort her brother gives her, that’s why.” Seungcheol said again.
 

Wonwoo felt frustrated. “No, I’m not giving a comfort as a brother, not even—”
 

“Yah, it’s all about what she feels, and probably that’s what she feels about you.” Jeonghan reminded him.
 

Wonwoo wouldn’t stop asking this question, did she really think of him that way? After all the days they spent together, all the smiles and laughter, he thought she would have the same feeling towards him, he thought it was fine to stay close to her, he thought he would have her heart by staying closer to her. But what he got here? Was it really not good if he didn’t confess his feelings to her? He would face thing like this if he confessed to her? 
 

Would it be any difference?
 

Would everything change?
 

 “Yah, go to sleep. You need to rest.” Seungcheol told Wonwoo. “Just don’t think about what you saw today, don’t think about her, just rest. Okay?” Wonwoo didn’t give any reaction to this and Seungcheol somehow used to it so he didn’t complain.
 

Jeonghan nodded. “You can’t get sick, Wonwoo, you have to do your final project. Remember that.”
 

“Same goes for us, too, anyway.” Seungcheol said. After saying that, they turned off the light and exited the room, leaving Wonwoo with his own thought which wouldn’t let him sleep well tonight. Well, he never got good sleep afterwards. 
 

 

 

Mingyu just went back to his room after he washed his face. He hummed a song and hopped to his bed and grabbed his phone on the pillow. He looked at the lock-screen and smiled to himself. Yes, he was seeing a photo of him and his girlfriend. He swiped the screen only to find another photo of his girlfriend, smiling simply at the camera. Oh, looking her photo like this made him missing her, even though they just met about one hour ago. He immediately dialed her number. This was what he always did every day, though, they used to hear each other’s voice before going to sleep.


“Already home?” she said after picked up the call. Mingyu smiled to himself like an idiot. He was thankful she didn’t see him right now.
 

“Yeah.” He answered. “I’ve washed my face and I’m ready to sleep.”
 

“Good boy.” She giggled on the other line. Well, he could live happily because of that giggle.
 

“Darling, you’re not sleepy yet?” he asked her. He piled up some pillows with his left hand to make himself comfortable. He almost dropped his phone but at least he still kept it close to his ear while she was still talking on the other line.
 

“….you know I barely feel sleepy if I’m too tired.” That was what he heard after struggling with his pillows.
 

“Ah, are you really? You said you’re not.” He replied. The scene of him piggybacking her appeared, actually he knew she was a bit tired today, that was why he told her that he wanted to piggyback her. The scene of them kissing also appeared. Oh, he just wanted to kiss her. He didn’t meet her for few days and he missed her so much. He was happy to meet her again today, despite some busy hours of studying and working part time. 
 

“I don’t know. I did so much things today, that’s why, not really tired, but many thoughts keep me up at this hour. I’m afraid I can’t sleep.”
 

“What are you thinking about?” he started to ask. Yeah, this girlfriend of his used to think about many things, even the things he didn’t even notice and things that shouldn’t be worried about. No wonder she always had dreams related to those things she was thinking earlier. Mingyu then realized that was how he kept appearing in her dreams. She was always thinking of him. That thought made him smiling widely again. “You didn’t say anything when we were at the restaurant. Did Seungkwan and Seokmin annoy you?”
 

She laughed, even her laughter sound very pleasant to his ears. “No, it was not about them, Ming-goo.” And, oh, he really liked it if she called him like that. “They were funny, and I didn’t think they annoyed me. Everything with them was fine.” She explained. 
 

He sighed in relief. He thought something just bothered her because of his two best friends. It was Seokmin’s idea to have dinner together tonight. They barely met anyways, so Mingyu just agreed to meet them in Seungkwan’s favorite restaurant. But the thing that he didn’t expect that was that the two asked Mingyu to bring his girlfriend along. He refused it at first, but Seokmin said something that was true
 

“Why can’t we meet her? She’s our high school friend anyways.”
 

He was right, that was why Mingyu then contacted her, and told her about this. She didn’t mind, she said she had not seen the two yet after her absence in school annual reunion (that absence was because she tried to avoid meeting him, though). She wasn’t close to them, and so they were, but Mingyu was glad they could get along. She didn’t talk very much in front of them, but she always reacted and answered to every question given or things discussed. And she always laughed every time the duo joked around.
 

“Then, what are you thinking now?” Mingyu asked her again.
 

“Uh, about my photography club.”
 

“What happene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter