Rhyme 2 (Kim Mingyu)

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Mingyu was dumbfounded as the girl who should spend the evening with him at the Italian restaurant (or he thought so) just dragged him outside. He had no idea what the things she needed to talk to him and why it couldn’t be talked over dinner. She was still dragging him, her hand in his. Her hand was small and cold. She just kept walking, not even looking back at him. She walked through people who were also walking on this sidewalk. She was like she didn’t care about people as she bumped into some. Mingyu didn’t understand. Where would she bring him?


“Wait. Where are we going?” Mingyu broke the silence between them.
 

She stopped walking. She slowly looked at him. He never saw that expression before, she looked confused and sad at the same time. He noticed that she realized that she was still holding his hand. She slowly released her hand from his. Ah, he lost that small and cold hand from his hand. It was not like they were holding hands for some long time, but sure, he felt like it has been so long.
 

“I-I’m sorry.” She murmured. “I c-can’t think properly, I just w-want to talk to you.”
 

Mingyu gazed at her intently. “Okay. I’ll listen.” He was curious what she would talk about. They could talk about it over dinner, right? That was why they met in restaurant, right? Oh, he didn’t really know why they had to meet in Italian restaurant. It was all arranged by his high school mate, Kwon Soon-young. Soon-young said one of their high school friend wanted to meet him as she didn’t get the chance to greet him the other day. This girl, yeah, she was his high school friend, but he didn’t even remember who she was. There were too many students, he barely remembered them all. But if this girl came to their reunion, he should remember her. But, no, he couldn’t remember her. Why was that?
 

She took a deep breath. “I k-know this is rude, I arranged time to meet you and got you listen to me even though you didn’t know me.” she said. “I don’t know w-why you agreed to meet me, but t-there’s something I want you to know.”
 

He blinked many times. “What is that?”
 

She gulped. She looked like she didn’t want to say the words, but she had to. She looked a bit depressed. Mingyu was really curious. She then said. “This is silly, but I’ve always seen you in my dreams.”
 

Seen me in dreams? Mingyu couldn’t believe what she said.
 

Her eyes were a bit teary, they were red, and looking at her eyes, he knew she was telling him the truth, he saw pains there. She continued. “I don’t know why I always saw you there, but maybe it’s related to my feelings for you during high school and now.” 
 

Feelings? He couldn’t hide his shock.
 

“I like you, Kim Mingyu, from high school days until now.”
 

“W-what?” what did he hear just now? 
 

She likes… him?
 

From high school days? Until now?
 

She looked down at her shoes this time. “I’m not saying this for you to give me answers, I just say this so that I can release myself from burden. I thought I’ve buried my feelings for you since I can’t make you mine, but I was wrong. You kept appearing in my dreams, setting my hopes high, but actually I never get the chance to get closer to you. We’re never together, you will never like me, and I’m still here hoping that you can like me back. Of course it’s wrong. It will never happen.
 

“I t-think, I think I should tell you my feelings, to burn the burden, and after that, I can go trying to f-forget you. I mean, I s-should forget you. I should.”
 

Mingyu didn’t let out any words. How should he react to this? She didn’t want answers from him, she just wanted him to know. But why, why was it like this? This kind of confession was the confession he never experienced, yes, in a crowd of people. As she kept silent, what he could hear was people walking passed them, talking about many random things. But, could he conclude the purpose of their meeting today?
 

“So, you met me now to tell me your feelings and then you will forget me?” he asked her, trying to make everything clear.
 

She didn’t dare to look up. She just nodded. “I hope we don’t meet each other anymore.”
 

He didn’t know why he didn’t like that kind of answer. Man, they just met each other today, how could she refuse to meet him again? “But, we will meet in reunion every year, right?” he asked her without even knowing.
 

“I don’t think I can come there again.” Another reaction he disliked came out from .
 

 “You will not come?” why was she like this?
 

“It will make no difference. If I come, I just want to see you. I shouldn’t do that.” She laughed awkwardly. 
 

O-oh.
 

Another awkward silence came in.
 

Uh, this was not comfortable for him. Before he could say something, she said more shocking words
 

“I gotta go.”
 

He tried not to sound too shocked. “Right now?” then they wouldn’t go back to restaurant? Hey, he had order meals. Couldn’t they just go back to restaurant and talk, and eat?
 

She nodded. “Good bye. Live well.”
 

She walked away. Mingyu almost tried to stop her by gripping her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter