Rhyme 3.2

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What!? She met a guy and confessed? In front of your nose?”


Yoon Jeonghan was the one who was shocked when Wonwoo told him and Seung-cheol what happened the other day when Wonwoo went hunting photos with the girl. Wonwoo casually ate his dinner and let his friends dumbfounded. Well, he decided to tell this to them since Seung-cheol kept asking him to tell him what had happened the other day. He was noisy though, so Wonwoo didn’t have any choice. 
 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo said, sounded not interested,” The guy is her crush since high school.” He even still remembered that guy’s name. Kim Mingyu. Tsk, he didn’t understand himself why he started to hate that name.
 

“And you said she just confessed to him and walked away?” Seung-cheol asked. He went way too interested if they were talking about her. Wonwoo rolled his eyes at his friend.
 

He shrugged his shoulders. “I heard she said some things like burden and she wanted to forget her feelings for him.”
 

Jeonghan took a sip of his drink. “Oh man, I think she confessed and dated that guy.” He commented. “Thanks God she ended up walking away from that guy. But it’s weird though why she confessed after that she would forget him? She should ask whether he likes her back or not.” Wonwoo just shrugged.
 

“I never expect this before.” Seung-cheol said, eating his meal slowly. “Well, she doesn’t look like she would do things like that, see? She’s bit quiet and looks like she’s always daydreaming. You know she always sits in the back alone when we’re having our meeting.”
 

“I don’t know about her, too. I barely talk to her in every meeting.” Jeonghan added. “I thought Wonwoo can just get closer to her and they will start dating.” He added randomly, chuckled.
 

“Yah, who’s dating who?” Wonwoo knitted his eyebrows together.
 

“Of course you and that girl, man.” Seung-cheol answered the question, patting Wonwoo’s shoulder. Wonwoo got annoyed since Seung-cheol patted him a bit harder. He grumbled. “No way I will be the one who dates her, right?” he and Jeonghan chuckled. Wonwoo snorted. 
 

“Why should I date her?” Wonwoo coldly said. He tried to enjoy his meal but somehow his mind wandered to her. He still remembered her sad face that day when she came back after meeting that Kim Mingyu guy. They didn’t talk anything about the patbingsoo, or anything related to that area of Italian restaurant, instead they came to a park in the center of the town and captured some people enjoying their evening there. Since they didn’t get so much photos that day, they planned to meet again on Wednesday.
 

“Because you like her.” It was Jeonghan who answered this.
 

“I don’t like her.” Wonwoo emphasized the word ‘don’t’. Seung-cheol and Jeonghan giggled together. Wonwoo hated them if they were annoying like this.
 

“Oh come on, you always say you don’t like her, but we know you do.” Jeonghan teased.
 

Seung-cheol laughed hard. “Yah, he always says he doesn’t like her but we know he looked for her for almost one year.” Wonwoo grumbled. Seung-cheol then said,”yah, if you don’t like her, you won’t do such thing.”
 

Wonwoo hated it if Seung-cheol started to talk about the past.
 

“You remember it, Seung-cheol, when Wonwoo started to wander around the city coming to campus to campus just for looking for her?” Jeonghan enthusiastically told Seung-cheol, continuing the past story. Darn it, Yoon Jeonghan.


Seung-cheol laughed hard again. “Of course I remember that!” he clapped like a dolphin. “He’s always gone every time we planned to hang out and when he met us he started to tell us about his searching.” They laughed together, Wonwoo started to hate this situation. Could they just stop teasing?
 

“That was crazy though, and that was done only by someone who was blinded by love.” Jeonghan said dramatically.
 

Blinded by love? Tsk, Jeonghan really used weird words to portray that situation.
 

“And you know he stopped searching when he gets cold.” Seung-cheol said again. “Yah, you get cold so often, and it’s always in summer.” He looked at Wonwoo. Wonwoo just kept silent and ate his food.
 

“That’s one weirder thing though, but that’s our Wonwoo.” Jeonghan smiled proudly like Wonwoo was his son.
 

“And that girl had seen Wonwoo in cold.” Seung-cheol added. Wonwoo rolled his eyes at Seung-cheol.
 

“Whatever. Let’s not talk about this, shall we?” Wonwoo tried to stop this topic.
 

“Of course we can’t, this problem is not solved yet!” Seung-cheol insisted. Wonwoo was confused why Seung-cheol got so enthusiastic about this. Seung-cheol said, ”I’ve planned everything so you just got closer to her. This is your chance, Jeon Wonwoo. You can’t let this chance go.” Wonwoo exhaled heavily. Why did Seung-cheol say this to him?
 

“Remember, the same chance won’t come again if you let go of this one.” Jeonghan chuckled. Seung-cheol and Jeonghan surely planned all of this.
 

Wonwoo groaned. “What do you guys want me to do?”
 

“Be nice to her, talk to her in friendly way.” Seung-cheol gave him advice. Wonwoo mocked him, but Seung-cheol ignored this. “Be a friendly person, Wonwoo. Make her comfortable around you. And then, she will fall in love with you, too.” Wonwoo snorted at those words.
 

“Eyy, it would be hard, Seung-cheol, you know this Jeon Wonwoo is a cold person and he doesn’t get along so fast with people.” Jeonghan pulled them back to reality.


“But, he should change that attitude, Jeonghan. That girl already thought that Wonwoo hates her. She said it herself to me.” Seung-cheol said, he glanced at Wonwoo. Wonwoo didn’t care about this one. He knew that girl already hated him. He was always aware about her stare to him. He didn’t know how to fix that though. He couldn’t change the situation.
 

“What did she say?” Jeonghan sounded seriously interested.
 

“She asked whether she could work alone, or change partner.” Seung-cheol shook his head. “She said she did a mistake to Wonwoo so that she thought she couldn’t work with him, since, yeah, he hates her.” he explained. “Yah, what did she do to you?’ he looked at Wonwoo.
 

“She bumped into me and dropped my coffee.” Wonwoo answered simply.
 

“I bet you stared at her coldly.” Seung-cheol said, Wonwoo didn’t answer that question. Wasn’t it obvious?
 

 “Eyyy, Wonwoo, you should look at her lovingly, show your affection.” Jeonghan told Wonwoo. Wonwoo rolled his eyes.


“I’ve told you I don’t like her.” Wonwoo stubbornly said. “Anyway, why should I show affection if she just bumped into me and dirtied my sweater?” Jeonghan sighed heavily to hear the answer. 
 

“I don’t know what to say again. Seung-cheol, you tell him!” he said to Seung-cheol frustratingly. Seung-cheol sighed as well. Wonwoo didn’t care.
 

Seung-cheol said. “At last you should tell her your feeling, Wonwoo. She should know about this, you should tell her. Then she will like you, too.”
 

“I don’t need her to like me.” Wonwoo replied without thinking twice. 
 

“You will regret saying those words if she starts dating that guy from her high school days.” Jeonghan blurted out.
 

“Jeonghan’s right, Wonwoo.” Seung-cheol patted Wonwoo’s back. “But, it’s all up to you. We’ve told you what you should do, it’s okay if you don’t want to follow our advice.” He shrugged. 
 

“Just be honest to yourself, you want her or not.” Jeonghan ate his meal.
 

Speaking about wanting her or not…
 

Wonwoo looked at his reflection on his glass. Some old scenes from that day were repeated on his mind like an old film.
 

Yes, of course, he couldn’t forget that day.
 

 

One thing Wonwoo always did during summer vacation was doing part-time job and this year, he got a part-time job in a public library. Most of the part-timers were also students, but no one came from the same university as him. Well, actually, he didn’t know many people at his university and he didn’t care if they worked here as well. Well, he just didn’t care about other people. But, the thing he cared about was the amount of part-time workers in every day he worked. There were always seven part-timers came in a day, while permanent workers, who mostly consisted of elderly, came eight or nine. The library was quite big and it was near the center of the city. Wonwoo got shifts mostly from morning until afternoon, and he barely got shifts until evening. Anyway, he liked to arrange books based on their number on the labels, putting them back on shelves. He liked to take books from table to table which have been read by people.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter