Rhyme 4.5

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t look even real even to Wonwoo himself. Whatever she tried to put it into words, she wanted to repay him as he had being her company before her exam, he kept feeling like they were on a date. It was indeed a fantasy of his, thinking that the time they spent in the aquarium this afternoon was really a date. He could see her face closely again, he could see her laughing and smiling at him again. Finally, he had her with him again. This was really quality time he spent with her after two weeks.

He couldn’t lie, he was really enjoying his time with her right now.

He was busy looking at her who was busy capturing the tank with her phone when he had his phone vibrated. There was a text from Seung-cheol.

 

From: 최승철

Having a good time with her, huh? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Hwaiting, Jeon Wonwoo! I’m rooting on you! I hope you can make her heart beats faster!

 

The text was indeed sent from Seung-cheol’s phone, but seeing the words, it must be Jeonghan who wrote them. Wonwoo rolled his eyes and then quickly closed the messenger application. He looked up at her again and she was still trying to capture all species in the tank. He walked up to her.

“Let me take some pictures for you.” He was already ready with his phone. She smiled happily and made some pose, where the staff was still swimming in the tank, making some peace sign.

“We should take picture together, too, sunbae.” She said, which made him surprised.

He wanted to refuse it but she already went to some other visitor, asking for help for taking pictures. There were many photos taken with many poses, it was really fun. After the visitor gone, they captured things around them again, and they did not forget to make each other’s as photo object, like the old days. He even made some pose since she insisted to take pictures of him, and he silently took photos of her when she was not looking. He smiled to himself as he saw the results. More photos of her like this made him more alive.

He was happy, he really was.

He thought today would be his day with her, but he was wrong.

When they arrived at his favourite burger restaurant near the aquarium and they just got a table and he was about to go to counter to order, her phone rang.

He couldn’t help but take a glance to her. The next word he heard from her was

“Ming-goo!”

Wonwoo felt his chest hurt. Why is that guy suddenly calling? Wonwoo groaned and cursed in silence. He suddenly forgot what she wanted to order and he decided to make his way back to their table.

“Yah, do you want to order cheese burger?”

The call was interrupted, she looked up at Wonwoo, forgetting the call for some moment. “Yes, cheese burger.” She told him.

Wonwoo tried to remember one other thing she wanted to eat. “And ice cream?”

“Yes, and ice cream!” she beamed like a little girl.

How could he not like that smile, it was so contagious. He ended up smiling, feeling his heart beating rapidly again. “Wait here.”

She nodded and talked again to her phone, silently he eavesdropped the conversation and it was really from the guy. And Wonwoo heard his name mentioned, that guy must be asking who she was with. Tsk.

“Who’s calling?” he foolishly asked her as he came back with their burgers and ice creams. She looked puzzled, still looking at her own phone. He raised an eyebrow. It seemed like the call was ended abruptly fast.

“It’s from Mingyu,” she murmured,” but the phone was hung up suddenly.”

That was weird. “Why?”

“I don’t know.” She looked worried. “Did something happen to him?” she started to think about bad possibilities. “I can’t call him back.”

Wonwoo just stared at her and casually answered. “Maybe his battery dies, that’s why.” He told her. “Don’t worry. Yah, let’s eat. I’m starving.”

She nodded, but still glancing at her phone worriedly. “I hope he calls me again soon.”

They talked during the dinner and he could drift her mind from thinking about that Kim Mingyu guy. Wonwoo had her smiling and laughing again. That was all he needed to live happily. He secretly felt very thankful to God. He smiled to himself. But that smile was gone after a tall figure entered the restaurant.

“Mingyu?” she rose from her seat.

Darn it.

It was really that Kim freaking Mingyu.

Why did he have to ruin Wonwoo’s moment with her again?

Oh, really, why did he come here??

That Mingyu guy looked exhausted and he sweated a lot. As he saw her, he formed a wide smile and walked up to their table. And Wonwoo really hated this situation. He wanted to have quality time with her tonight, why did this guy come and ruin everything? And again? Why?

“Darling.” That Mingyu guy said when he arrived at their table. Darling? Tsk. Wonwoo even remembered she called him Ming-goo or something. Tsk. But it somehow made him wonder. What would she call Wonwoo if Wonwoo was her boyfriend? Oppa? Wonu? Oh God, he shouldn’t think of that right now!, he cursed himself.

She looked very worried. “What happened? You ran to come here?”

That Mingyu guy smiled a little. “Yeah. I want to meet you here so we can have dinner together. It’s not far from my work place either.” That guy’s gaze stopped at Wonwoo. Wonwoo could tell that guy didn’t like his presence. “Ah, sunbaenim is here, too. Hello, how are you doing.” That guy tried to sound friendly but he sounded jealous for Wonwoo’s ears. And the way his eyes stared at him. Well. It was really settled that they hated each other.

Wonwoo didn’t say anything and kept eating. Deep inside he was really upset. That guy really ruined everything. Oh gosh.

Wonwoo shouldn’t be feeling too happy today. Why did he get now? A complete reverse to his happy feeling. Upset, anger, jealous. He sighed to think that his plan today planned with his friends wouldn’t go well, even though he didn’t really agree on the plan at first, but somehow he was doing the plan. How could he make the girl’s heart beat faster? He did things he usually do today, and he hoped some more moment after they had dinner, he could do something that made her heart beat faster. But what now? What should he do now?

She looked at Wonwoo. “I’m sorry, sunbae, I’ll order something for him first.” she said, smiling apologetically. “Let’s order something for you. You must be tired and hungry. Why did you run?” she mumbled to Mingyu, dragging Mingyu to the counter.

“Why are you here with that sunbaenim?” Wonwoo could hear that guy asked. Tsk.

Wonwoo saw and heard them arguing a little, mostly about why that guy suddenly hung up the phone and ran to come here. Wonwoo also heard her explaining about why she was here now and with him, and that Mingyu guy glanced a bit at him and smirked evilly. Darn it, that guy really wanted to fight Wonwoo right now. What was that supposed to mean?

“Are you alright now, darling?” that Mingyu guy asked her when they were already back with burgers and soda, after she explained to him what had happened to her during the day.

She explained everything, about how she started her day with studying at the library, got nosebleed, and she met Wonwoo. Wonwoo could conclude that she never hide anything from that Mingyu guy. They talked mostly like usual, like friends, but Wonwoo honestly didn’t know maybe they acted normal since he was here right now. But the thing that irritated Wonwoo was that the way they looked at each other. Those stares were on different level, a level Wonwoo couldn’t reach. Those stares, loving stares. Their actions looked normal, but their eyes spoke more. She kept looking at that Mingyu guy who was eating his burger slowly, like she wanted to ensure herself that that guy was eating his dinner well. She looked at him in such concern, and Wonwoo never found her doing that to him. That was the very difference, since he was just a friend who she thought as a big brother.

Oh, really, Wonwoo couldn’t express what was going in him. Why did he see this kind of scene again in front of his eyes? Why?

It hurt as hell.

“Yeah, I’m all fine.” She replied. “I’ve done my exam well, everything went well. I’m really thankful.”

That Mingyu guy had his stare on Wonwoo later. “So, sunbaenim helped my darling today, too?” he talked in normal voice, but why Wonwoo could hear jealousy and annoyance in those words?

“Yeah.” Wonwoo replied simply.

“How did you find her?” that guy asked, eyes on Wonwoo, almost glaring.

“On my way to my department.”

“Is it very easy to find my girl around your department?”

Your girl? Tsk. “Her faculty is very close to mine, also its library.”

“Really? Not that you always look and watch over her, right?”

What?

What was about this suspiciousness? Did that guy really think Wonwoo always look and watch over her? Was this guy… wait, was this guy jealous? Wonwoo just plastered a blank expression on his face seeing that guy stared at him with unpleasant look. Well.

“I can always see her, since her faculty is close to mine.” Wonwoo replied, repeating what he had been saying earlier.

That guy looked even upset. “Is your faculty really close to hers?

 Wonwoo rolled his eyes. “Oh, you don’t know about her faculty? I thought you already knew, since you’re her boyfriend. Don’t you ever come to her department to meet her, or to pick her up?”

“What?” that guy widened his eyes in shock. Wonwoo really got him upset.

Wonwoo smirked. “Never mind.”

The atmosphere was really tense. She looked at Wonwoo and that Mingyu guy, looking very puzzled. She was about to open to say something but that Mingyu guy said

“And why did you two end up going to aquarium?”

“Because I wanted to go.” Wonwoo replied firmly. “I took her with me.”

Mingyu’s expression was full of anger. It was all seen through his eyes. Wonwoo clearly realized both of them had urge to fight. Wonwoo didn’t care if that guy wanted a fight right now.

“Yeah, Wonwoo sunbae wanted to go to aquarium,” she added quickly, finally realizing something was up. “I became his company since he was being one taking care of me today.” She giggled. “I didn’t expect the aquarium was really awesome. There were many things we captured there, right, sunbae?” Wonwoo just looked at her and changed his flat expression, he curled a smile for her.

“You had good time there, darling?” that guy stared at her.

She nodded, forming a wide smile. “It’s really refreshing. You should come there, too.”

That guy smiled. “Yeah, next time we should go there. We can plan it for our next date.” he glanced at Wonwoo again. He smiled annoyingly in victory. Seriously, this kid. Wonwoo should control himself from throwing his empty can to that guy.

After that Mingyu guy finished his dinner, they decided to leave the restaurant. She of course would go home with that guy, meanwhile Wonwoo reasoned that they couldn’t take the same bus since he would go to Seungcheol’s flat first before going home. How could he go home with them? That was not even included in his plan. She took his words very well, and she told him and that guy to wait outside the restaurant first since she needed to use the restroom. You could say the atmosphere became awkward again. It was only Wonwoo and this annoying jealous guy. They stood a bit far from each other but not really far from the restaurant’s door.

“Sunbaenim, ah, Jeon Wonwoo ssi, isn’t it?” that guy finally spoke up. Wonwoo coldly stared at the guy.

“What is it?” he asked the point. He didn’t want to waste his time on this guy who clearly declared a war.

That Mingyu guy sighed and glanced at the restaurant. “I’m really thankful you had helped her today. Thank you, I really mean this.”

Wonwoo still had that flat expression on his face but he was thinking why the guy suddenly changed his attitude. He looked soft and didn’t throw glares at Wonwoo again. But Wonwoo was wrong he thought that guy would stop acting annoying to him, since seconds later, he spoke again

“But she still doesn’t know about your f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter