Rhyme 6.3

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu was all ready to give her a surprise as he waited in front of the door to welcome her. But what he got here was beyond his imagination. Her brother came back not only with her but with that Jeon Wonwoo guy. Why was he here in the first place?

Mingyu tried to hold his anger as he curled smiles for his beloved girlfriend. His girlfriend looked surprised, too, to see him in her house. But it looked like she was being surprised too much today, she looked a bit tired. She also looked anxious. Mingyu wondered if she was not happy to see him.

“Ming-goo, you here?” that was she said to him.

“Y-yeah.” Mingyu’s eyes were focused on that Jeon Wonwoo guy. Then he looked at her again. “Honestly, it was a surprise.” He glanced at Jisoo and Jisoo gave him a thumb.

Her eyes widened. “You asked Oppa to come to surprise me?” smile started formed on her lips.

Jisoo chuckled. “Mingyu was really full of ideas, right?” he patted Mingyu’s shoulder with a proud smile. “He wanted us to have a family dinner to celebrate your 200th day.”

She furrowed eyebrows. “But, it’s tomorrow.”

Mingyu smiled widely. “It doesn’t matter.”

“Come on, Wonwoo ssi. My room is upstairs.” Jisoo gave a sign to that Wonwoo guy to follow him. Mingyu’s eyes were still glued to that guy. That guy didn’t even look at Mingyu and walked past him, following Jisoo upstairs. Tsk.

Wait a minute. Mingyu didn’t understand. Her brother knew that guy, too? He meant, he knew that guy used to walk her home in the past, but he didn’t know that guy was close to her brother? Her brother was barely home, so how did they know each other?

“Oh, is that Wonwoo?” Mingyu could hear her mom asking behind him. Jisoo and that guy were walking upstairs.

“Y-yeah, mom, he’s going to borrow some books from Oppa.” His girlfriend said, sighing. She looked tired, Mingyu thought. He unknowingly patted her head. She tried to smile at him. Many things he wanted to ask but he knew it was not the perfect time.

“Oh, that’s great, he can stay for dinner, too!” Her dad said. “Is it okay, right, Mingyu?”

Mingyu froze, he didn’t know what to say. Actually, he just wanted to be around her family tonight, not other people. But he couldn’t find the right reason to refuse the idea, so he said, “O-of course.”

Her mother smiled widely. “Thank you. We’ve been wanting to invite him for dinner, too, but we didn’t have the chance. And lately, he didn’t come here.”

Mingyu sensed something. “Oh, inviting him for dinner?”

“We want to thank him because—“

She just cut her mom’s words by saying, “I will take a shower.” By saying that, she left upstairs. Mingyu was curious, what he got the feeling that her family had some relations to that guy. He didn’t know what it was, but for now, he just hoped they could celebrate their special day happily, even though he didn’t feel good seeing that Wonwoo guy here. He really needed to hold himself from grumbling. He was afraid his plan was ruined because of that guy. He sighed. There was no actual perfect plan, wasn’t it?

In twenty minutes, she came back to the living room, wearing a purple t-shirt and black sweatpants. She looked fresher and cheerful. Those anxious look faded away. She was in a good mood. She even peeled some apples for her parents and Mingyu. Her parents told her how Mingyu diligently prepared everything for her. She looked amazed and touched, saying that they could eat the chocolate cake at the rooftop after dinner. Mingyu nodded to the plan. Perhaps today was not a bad day at all? Too fast to conclude. Mingyu changed his thought as her brother and that guy came downstairs. The guy had many books in his hands.

Her dad greeted Wonwoo. “Wonwoo, let’s have dinner together.”

That guy looked confused, which Mingyu barely saw. “I-I can just go home, Abeonim.”

“Oh, come on. Everyone’s here. It’s great to have many people for dinner.” Her mom said. “Jisoo is barely home, too. I think it’s really good to have everyone here.” Her mom even smiled at Mingyu. Mingyu politely smiled back at her mom, glancing at his girlfriend who looked frozen. Hey, he didn’t know why, but it was like she also didn’t like it if that guy stayed for dinner? But it seemed like that guy couldn’t refuse it, though.

“Come on, Wonwoo.” Jisoo said, which noticed by Mingyu that Jisoo sounded friendlier and he even dropped formalities. Hey, were they really close? Mingyu bet they just spent like 30 minutes upstairs. How could they be closer in that span of time? They must have been close a long time ago.

They all headed to the dining room. This Wonwoo guy was sitting next to Jisoo and near her dad. It surprised Mingyu again how her family looked comfortable and close to that guy. He even heard her mom asking that guy why he didn’t come to their house again lately.

“I’m busy with my final research, Eomonim.” That guy answered simply.

Jisoo added as he took more dumplings. “He came to my seminar last month, mom.” He smiled after that. “He came to me asking some questions about his research. But then he asked me about little sister.”

Mingyu could feel her frozen and widened her eyes as that Wonwoo guy looked calm as ever. He didn’t even react which indicated nothing was wrong with what Jisoo said. So, it must be true.

Her dad looked interested in this topic. “What did he ask?”

Jisoo smiled even wider. “It’s about the past when he came to my clinic with little sister.”

Mingyu widened his eyes and blinked. What is it about? When did that happen?

“It’s a long time ago, isn’t it?” her mom responded, which made Mingyu confused. Everyone in this room already knew about this?

“Almost two years ago,” Jisoo replied. “Right, little sister?”

Mingyu felt his girlfriend still frozen and she glanced t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter