XI

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 9
 
Surprised by how well organised the contract was, Daehyun took his time, reading the terms and conditions of the contract, bringing up clauses that could be added. Anna typed away at her computer while her father discussed the details with Daehyun, upon her father’s approval a final version of the contract was printed.

Daehyun would be blessed with a humble salary of $30 an hour for working a total of 15 hours a week, half of which would be removed for living expenses. Sunday would be the day off. 15 an hour was alright, considering the minimum wage is $8. Upon Daehyun’s request, the first two weeks of salary would be up front cash payments while the remaining would be direct debit to his private savings account.

“Why the cash payment?” Anna queried. “Do you have debt collectors after you or something?”

“No” the boy laughed, “Cash on-hand would work well for me. I don’t know how things are down here, $400 should be enough spending money for my stay here. I intend to put my salary to good use.” Daehyun finished as pen scratched paper, sealing his deal with Mr. Kwon Barom.

“You’re good with math,” his boss laughed. “What are you thinking of doing in the future, son?” he asked after collecting his copy of the contract

“I’m not sure, I still have a year to decide what to in college though.” Daehyun knew very well what was to come in the future. A future lead in a corporate office, faced with political dilemmas and ethics he probably wouldn’t be following in order to keep the family name in business. Clad in a black uniform to mourn the loss of his soul, he’d be waging war with the economic world bringing in cash and crypto currency all together. Using vast knowledge of how to manipulate minds like putty in his hands, Daehyun was next in line for the corporate throne.

Oh how he loathed those 60 story high buildings. His head didn’t belong in the clouds like his family. To reach for the sky was his hobby, but his destiny lay somewhere else, far away from his family. He’d dream of pulling the skies to the ground, tearing the clouds from their seemingly humble position, bearing the lies and icy cold to the world, revealing the truth hidden in their seemingly innocent appearance. “You seem lost in thought, is everything alright?”

“Yes, just worried about how I’ll learn everything on the farm” he smiled, innocently hiding Pandora’s Box.