XX

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 20
 
 Picnic benches put together outside formed a long dinner table to seat all. Citronella candles lighting up the area saved our lad from mosquitoes but none of the local’s curiosity. Questions are tiring but when a girl not so quietly calls him a ‘whole meal’ out lad has lost his appetite.

“I’m not on your dinner plate. Please, enjoy the Kwon’s hospitality with the respect it deserves.”

After dessert is served out lad leaves the table, he wasn’t’ looking forward to Jaehyeon roasting him in public. His feet carried him forward towards the barn, but the sight before him caused a fire to spark within. Anna crying as someone pins her down on the barn door, ravaging her neck.

Life surely gave him something foreign, for Daehyun learnt what it meant to see red. Before the lad knew it, strong hands had pulled the attacker off Anna and a blow to the face had the attacker on the floor.

“Daehyun!” She cried. “Please-“

“Miss Kwon, huh?” Jaehyeok spat from the ground. Daehyun readied himself until a hand gripped the fists he had formed.

“Don’t.” she whispered.

“Leave.” Daehyun ordered the man before him “With the final strand of dignity in you, leave.” The teen got up and left, not without a glare at Daehyun. A small voice broke out beside him.

“Daehyun don’t-”

“Don’t what? Stand up for what’s right?!” the lad felt his anger rise again. Daehyun’s parents were both assaulters and victims, but he’d never seen a woman so broken. Her silence infuriated him. “This is assault, he can go to jail for- ”

“You don’t get it” she whispered. “He’ll be back. Worse than ever.” A pregnant silence fell over the pair, the lad didn’t know what to do about the shaken girl on the sofa. “Daddy can’t know about this.”

“I can leave if you want.”

“I should be the one to leave” she sloppily wipes her tears with the back of her hand. “What were you going to do?”

“Suggest we go fix up your mural together.”

“I like the idea of that.” Pink nose and puffy eyes showed no more with her beaming smile.

“You should look like that more often.”

“Like what? A mess?”

“I mean happy. Smiley. It suits you better than being teary.”

“Anyone ever told you you’re good with words?”

“I get that” the lad grinned as he walked up the stairs.

“You suit this look more often.”

“Being aloof.”

“Bingo”