XXXII

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 32
 
Needless to say managing a whole day’s worth of farm work was little too much for Daehyun who fell asleep at sundown, so much for the wedding night. The following morning was better though, for the pair ventured onto the farm to complete the daily list of tasks. With another set of hands working through the jobs was easier and the lad learnt how to do things properly as the missus scolded him on what a poor job he had done. Finishing up under the unforgiving sun at its peak the pair ended their tasks with a shower and an afternoon on the bed, only half an hour later sweat had begun to glisten on their skin. Summer was unforgiving as the pair lay on the sofa at opposite ends, the fan turning periodically and a novel in their hands to paint their minds. Daehyun closed his novel, a soft slap of paper on paper, the lad turned to watch his girl engrossed in the novel.

“Haerin?” Daehyun spoke softly, earning a hum from her. “Haerin”, he breathed again.

“What is it Dae?” he kept forgetting how soft her voice was, it changed a lot when she scolded him.

“I’m running out of time.”

This seemed to catch her attention. “Let’s savour what little of it we have then.”

The lad broke the short pause again. “Haerin.”

“I’m right here Dae.”

Warmth filled his heart as it began to sing again. “Let me savour the way your name rolls off my tongue.”

“You’re so cheesy oh my gosh.” She giggled, slapping her book on his leg softly.

“Stop, I’m being honest” his heart continued to sing loud and proud in his chest, just what was this song? His bride was in stitches.

“No stop making me laugh, it’s too hot to deal with this ,” she wheezed while sitting up.

“If I ask you to make me something, would you make it for me?” he asked while putting their book on the shelf.

“You know I didn’t make the quiche, right?” she deadpanned.

“We need to use up the fruit at home, so can you make some juice?”

The lad watched as his wife’s eyes lit up at the thought of a nice cold drink. “That’s a great idea, why didn’t I think of that?” she asked herself, and Daehyun couldn’t hold back at her cuteness.

“What would you do without me” he cooed, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her close and pecking her cheek multiple times. “You’re so adorable you have no idea.”

“Nooo Dae don’t touch me you’re all gross and sweaty” she whined with a tissue to her cheek as Daehyun laughed. She was as red as a tomato, it was the first time he’d kissed her on the cheek.

“The good side of summer is how you sweat things out, your pores get cleared up.”

“Really? I didn’t know that.” She mumbled. “Oh yeah. How does my face look” the girl cupped her cheeks with a small smile on her face.

Under a sheen of sweat she still looked beautiful. “Crusty as always” he deadpanned, only to see her pout at his sarcasm.

“Beatrice gave me this face rub, what was it called again? Face oil?”

“She gave you a facial?” the lad raised a brow.

“Yeah that! She said it helps you look good.”

The lad turned her face to him tilting it side to side as he inspected it. “I see no difference though.”

“That’s what you men think,” she huffed. “Girls can tell the difference you know. I look good, I know it.”

“You always looked great and you still look great. Going from great to good is an insult, so I can’t see the effects of the facial.” The lad clarified, watching his bride’s ears turning pink again as she stood up with a huff.

“I’m gonna go make some juice, no more cheezeballs for you mister.” She called ver her shoulder while walking out of the barn.

“Yes Ma’am.”