XIX

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 19
 
   On the ride back home our lad learnt how busy the Kwons would be tonight. Mrs Kwon had yet to bake the pie and how irresponsible it was of anna to forget taking out the specialty crockery.                  

                

                “Boy you think you can help out on your day off?”                

                

                “Work aside, this is family. It’s nothing, sir.” he replied smoothly. Little did he know, in a few hours he’d be in front of a cake with a piping bag in hand and the monstrosity of icing the angel had put on tonight’s dessert.                 

                

                “Save me.” she breathed exasperatedly.                 

                

                “You really went all out with expressionism. ” he stared at the lumpy swirls on the cake.                 

                

                “Mom’s gonna kill me. Do something, Dae.” He veiled his surprise at the term of endearment.                 

                

                “Get the dishes ready.” Focused on the tsk ahead, a spatula in hand neatened the mess in front of him. Drowning out the world, he carefully piped a design he had once done in home econ class. He finished his task to chatter of women in the kitchen.                

                

                “You’ve done well Daehyun” Anna’s voice came as she carried a dish in her hands. It caught daehyun off guard a little, why the sudden change in attitude? Oh right, I’m not her family  friend, I’m her family’s worker.                

                

                Ten women chattered  loudly while Mrs.Kwon worked like a machine in her kitchen. The boy awkwardly manoeuvred his way out of the claustrophobic space. Moving towards Anna’s room he didn’t expect to find the next door blocking his path.                

                

                “That cake looks amazing, I can’t believe a boy has such a delicate touch.” Jaehyeon smirked as his lackeys laughed.                

                

                “It’s too pretty to eat.” The lad smiled with pride, fully knowing his place. Now’s not the time to deal with idiots, it’s time to deal with food. Food glorious food.