I

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter One
 
Gravel crunched under the boy’s feet as he took in the vast plains of green neighbouring fields. Truth be told Fortune City was lusher but the brightness of the grass on this side of the country was not comparable. Yellow dandelions in the grass, the way the light filtered through the trees, the purple flowers dotting lush green trees in fields of grazing sheep all added to the boy’s glee.

Nothing was familiar and Daehyun loved it.

Only, the heat began to get to him.

With each step, his bags felt heavier as the sun beamed down on the lad at full power. Pulling out his phone to check the time, it has been 5 hours since he left home, and 2 hours since he entered the county. The winding road seemed endless, curving around the wide hills as beads of sweat trickled down his back. Daehyun had imagined the countryside to be flat but the hills finally took a toll on the boy as he pulled himself to a tree on the side of the road.

Heaving his belongings off him, the tanned boy pulled out a chilled water bottle. Drops of condensation cool against heated fingers, chapped lips parting as cool liquid trickled down his throat satisfying little of the heat affecting him. A couple of minute’s rest would have made him feel better, until nausea rose within him. Quickly moving to the side the boy fell to all fours and hurled out what little content his stomach held, coughing and choking on acid dizzyingly but keeping himself planted as gravel bit into his skin. The sound of a car slowing to a stop and a door shutting took his attention. A soft feminine voice rug through the air as he fell onto his side.

A blurry sight of an angel was all he remembers before blacking out.