IV

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter Four
 
“Who are you? Where are you from? And why on earth would you be walking on one of the hottest days this region has faced?” the man questioned.

“My name is Jung Daehyun, I’m 17, and I’m from Fortune City. It’s summer break for us there, so I decided it’d be nice to escape the city life for a bit.”

“You haven’t answered my final question.”

“I left the house at 7am this morning. . . without checking the weather forecast.” The boy looked away shyly.

“Do your parents know you’re here, boy?”

Meeting the elder’s gaze the lad shook his head in assurance. “They know how to find me, don’t worry about legal matters.”

“Why didn’t you just bus in like normal person?” the girl asked. Daehyun had almost forgotten about her.

“If I could afford it, I would have.”

Sighing, the man go up from the chair. “Well, I can’t let you stay here like that, son.”

“I understand.” Daehyun lowered his gaze.

“I can offer you a job.” The angel spoke up, desperation lacing her voice. “You’ll get and allowance and you can stay here.”

“Anna!”

“Think about it Daddy! The doctor said you need to rest, he’d be perfect to help you around the farm.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“If I may say so, sir” Daehyun dared to meet the man’s gaze. “I may not know much about how a farm works, but I can tell you I am a hard worker.”

"It’s not about the work boy, it’s where I’m going to keep you-”

“He can just stay here.” The girl chirped. “There’s a bed, and an outhouse if you need to use it. Come into the house if you need to shower and when dinner is served. See Daddy? It all works”

Alright princess, I guess we could do that. What do you say, son?

“I’d be glad for it.” The boy’s eyes gleamed, he had a roof over his head for the next ten weeks. What more could he want? The kind man left the barn leaving Daehyun alone with the girl.
“Thank you, Anna.” Plush lips curled into a genuine smile towards his guardian angel.