XVII

Summer in Shed 6

    

 

    


        

            

                

             
                

                Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
                

                Summer In Shed 6
                


                

                
                Chapter 17
                

                

                 
                

                

                 “Anna~” the lad called, walking past aisles of various good in search for his friend. “Haerin?” Reaching the book section with no sign of the girl, the lad began to look through spines of books lined in the shelf. The Autobiography of Malcolm X caught the lad’s eye, a thick book with a wide spine. The civil rights activist was an interesting character he’d studied in history class, but the lad never knew the man had an autobiography, and one which was narrated too. A book could liven up the little space he had in the barn.

                

Moving himself through the store, the lad looked for the snack aisle. Brown eyes gleamed at the sight of the confectionary and assorted treats lining the shelves. Daehyun was glad things were cheap, but the lad had always known the value of money. The basket in hand began to weigh the lad down, and yet he hadn’t found the girl as he sauntered out to look for her again. “That farm hand is really good looking.” The voice similar to Beatrice sounded distant. “Where’s he from? He looked almost American to me.”

                

“You need to get your eyes checked.” She scoffed.

                

“I said almost,” her friend chimed, pushing herself off the bookshelf she leaned against. “So what’s his name? How old is he? How long as he been here-”

                

“Relax. His name is Daehyun. He’s our age and he’s new to town.” The angel spoke. Daehyun noted the slight tug of her pink lips at his name.

                

“I’m not surprised, is he gonna get baptised anytime soon?”

                

The angel hummed “Dunno. But be nice to him will you? He’s not staying around for long.”

                

A moment of silence passes over the pair until “You sure he’s a farm hand?”

                

“He’s a friend. He’s pretty cool, you’ll see why when you know him.”

                

“I don’t trust him. Be careful of them city folk, they can’t be trusted.”

                

A tinkling laughter slipped the angel’s lips. “That’s for me to decide.”