XVIII

Summer in Shed 6

    

 

    


        

            

                

             
                

                Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
                

                Summer In Shed 6
                


                

                
                Chapter 18
                

                

                 
                

                

                 A quaint little church sat within the yellowing grassy plains, weathered wooden panels painted white with lipstick red doors, ivy twirled and spiralled the walls of the quaint church. Daehyun appeared collected and charismatic as he walked alongside The Kwons into the humble church however the curiosity and wonder drove him wild. He felt like a child going to the amusement pat for the first time, observing everything and finding joy in the numbered details he knew of.

                

There was so much he didn’t know of. He didn’t expect to find the angel beside him in a lace veil as she supplicated, veils were new to him. Nor did he expect the shopkeeper from yesterday smiling while delivering a heart touching sermon. The man was a fitting pastor indeed, heaven’s light flooded form the window behind, he was a truly blessed being. Today’s sermon was called They Presented Him Gifts.

                

“GOD GAVE HIS SON. The words of John 3:6 rings still true today that Jesus came from His father as a free and unselfish gift with no strings attached.” Everyone listened intently. “JESUS GAVE HIMSELF UNSELFISHLY. As gave the Father, so gave the Son voluntarily emptied Himself of His power and prestige to come to earth in human form and walk as a man among men.” A sad smile crept Daehyun’s lips, if only his father was giving, for the lad felt like Jesus himself. Igniting the fire of faith, he listened and understood the people he lived with.

                

After the service, Daehyun’s attempt at a low profile field miserably. Sticking with The Kwons wasn’t the best idea, was it? Not when Mr.Kwon is keen on showing you off to town.  Accented voices and smiles of people outside the church families filing out in their neatest clothes for Sunday mass along with comments on his face, style and quietness.

                

Although Daehyun expected the brat next door to act indifferent to everything between them before, he didn’t expect the brute to be smart enough to act innocent and annoying by tailing The Kwons. Sickly sweet compliments thrown around carelessly, little did he know Anna and Daehyun stood back and discussed how unnerving such behaviour is. The lass explained a potential merger for the two farms lead the brute to kiss , she immediately chided herself for cussing on church grounds, but our lad smiled at the sight before him.

                

Cute.