XXVII

Summer in Shed 6
Brace yourselves, a very long chapter ahead.
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 27
 
Daehyun had hunches. He always hated his guts for telling him the truth before he was ready to accept it. He needed confirmation, but the poor lad himself was not ready for what was to come at him. “Anna, I need to know what scared you to fight it. What did he do.”

“Who? Who did what? What are you talking about!” Mr.Kwon raised his hand to cup his daughter’s cheek. A smack resounded in the room, and Mr.Kwon’s forearm stung from a brash swing by his daughter.

“Don’t touch me daddy! I’m dirty!” she screamed. Mr.Kwon was taken aback at the outburst, he did not know how to deal with this new damaged side of his little girl. It broke his heart to see his baby like this.

“Baby you’re not dirty. Who said you’re dirty?” her mother spoke up, choking on her words at the end.

“I am, I’m dirty.” She chanted to herself. More than to the family, a silence fell over the four which the farm hand broke with an unexpected question.

“Do you trust me?” his arms held open, he welcomed her.

“I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore Dae. I just want everyone to leave. Except you.” Frail arms around his waist, his girl slipped into a fitting embrace, he face in his chest as he calmed the girl down. “He made me dirty, but I don’t feel dirty with you.”

The lad sighed, a hand to her head combing her locks back in a soothing manner. “You acknowledged it was him, do you know who I’m talking about. I’m trying to help you. What were you hiding? Speak up, we’re here because we love you. It hurts us to be helpless.” Warmth pulled away from Daehyun’s chest and the girl looked up to him.

“I want to hide proof of what happened.” The girl before him swallowed thickly and sat back, hesitatingly lifting her sleeves and flipping her wrists over. “I was humiliated. And I can’t hide it anymore than this, there are pictures that scare me. That is the only other proof I have of what happened last night.” Mrs Kwon fell to her daughter’s side, holding her girls’ arm while the angel’s gaze had averted to the corner and stray tears slipped down her cheeks. Her mother’s teary eyes searched for answers she couldn’t voice. Why did this happen? Who did this to my daughter? How sick can this person be?

Daehyun and Mr.Kwon saw red. No, not the red slits lining her arms, nor the red cuts from branding her arms. “Hoe”, “”, “”, “”, “worthless”, “pathetic”, “disgusting”, such words lined up her arms in a lists with slits filling up any empty space. A slender hand wrapped around Daehyun’s wrist, “Dae I beg you please don’t go-”

“I’ll be back, I promise. I’m coming back.” He soothed her with both hands wrapping around hers. “You’re not dirty. He is.” With that the lad turned away and left he barn with Mr.Kwon hot on his heels.

“Boy you know who did this, take me to them I’ll kill him myself.”

“They say to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.” It took Mr.Kwon to understand who Daehyun was talking about. “I caught him at the dinner last week. Abuse seems to be an on-going occurrence for the pair. I recommend you forget using your shotgun and bring the papers instead.” The lad instructed with a tone of authority the farmer could not dismiss like the closeness of the farmhand and his daughter.

Mr.Kwon stormed up to the neighbour’s porch, the culprit before him like a deer in headlights. Grabbing the boy by the collar he man growled. “Where. Are. The pictures.”

“Uncle, why are you doing this! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Jaehyeok protested, the boy’s parents coming out to the porch at the commotion had nothing but startled and upset faces.

“Why did you touch her?!” Mr.Kwon seethed.

“What on earth is going on!” Reluctantly Mr.Kwon let the boy go, who only smirked at the man from behind his parents. “Our Jaehyeok touching Anna?! How dare you finger point at family!”

“Where are the pictures. Just how much has your son scarred my child!” Mr Kwon seethed, Daehyun placed a hand on the man’s shoulder, a silent message to swallow his anger for the moment. “Devon, I will sue if I don’t get my answers.”

The boy’s father scoffed. “You and what money, Christian?”

“Mine. And do not underestimate the power of a farm hand.” Daehyun spoke up. Out of place, but the adults needed to divert their tensions elsewhere.

0 “Of course, I don’t expect any less from her new boy toy.” Jaehyeok glared down the farm hand, in search of any signs of vulnerability “See? I told you she’s being unfaithful. I bet he Anna every night.” He struck a chord.

“Watch it-”

“What are you gonna do about it? I didn’t want to marry her anyway, she’s a .”

Mr.Kwon glared at the ground, furious. A frightening silent anger was coming from the usually loud man. “I did not expect this out of family. Something so vile, for a crime unknown to us. I’ll send in the annulment documents tomorrow, we won’t charge you anything more than the bond.” He turned his back to the family on the porch. “And watch your kid’s back, I will not hesitate to kill a boy who insults my daughter.”