II

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter Two
 
A pulsating headache woke Daehyun up from his slumber, his head hot to touch as he curled up. Eyeing the checkered blanket laying haphazardly on his body, Daehyun’s thick eyebrows knitted together as he took in what happened..

Where am I?.

Sitting up to observe his surroundings, Daehyun eyed the stacks of hay piled up by the walls and enclosed the space he sat in. An old double bed sat beneath the window, neatly made. Under a kerosene lamp, a radio sat atop the little wooden table beside the rugged couch Daehyun sat on.  A portable stove sat on the bookshelf, one cubby with assorted ramen packets, another with cans of cola, a third with corned beef while a fourth held pots and crockery.

Walking up to the bookshelf, Daehyun the worn spines of novels on the shelf. There weren’t many, but a few good books last a lifetime. A final glance around the building revealed the high ceiling, the peeling wooden interior confirmed Daehyun’s suspicion

He was in an old red barn, in the middle of nowhere as the view from the window revealed plains of green littered with sheep and cows. Daehyun was anything but observant in Fortune City, out here he was quickly learning a new side to himself as he took note of how clean the place was kept. The air smelt of vanilla and he noticed the scented candle perched atop the shelf. It was also impeccably clean for such a run-down place, the well-trodden earth beneath his feet was still swept clean and there was no sign of dust or a cobweb.

Hinges creaked and stole his attention when the door pushed open. Hot shorts paired with a red plaid shirt ed and rolled up at the sleeves. The girl balanced her tray on her hip while the other hand closed the large barn door, before stilling to meet Daehyun’s gaze...

The Angel?