XIV

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 14
 
Daehyun’s next few day flew by with no other disruptions and the cheery boy began to fall into a routine. His mornings would begin with an hour clearing out the stables, bagging the manure for compost. As unpleasant at the stench was, it gave him the opportunity to sort his thoughts out amongst the complaints. Needless to say, after the job he’d shower and head down for breakfast, Mrs.Kwon pampered him with her time and pleasant chatter. The remaining two hours of labour would consist of helping Mr.Kwon with odd jobs he’d be allotted daily.

The hours in labour flew by with the angel by his side in chatter, laughter and banter. She’d bring out the chatty boy inside him; the sides he’d have to force out to please the elders around him came out naturally. The boy began to love himself, embracing the personality he once loathed, loving the laugh he once hid, enjoying the happiness he’d bring to her in a short moment. Pogin Country was changing the lad for the better. Or maybe it was the girl he ended up spending so much time with.

This overcast Saturday, the pair had carefully picked the eggs from the chicken coop. The lad laughed as the girl lost her footing, her smart idea of putting an egg in her back pocket backfired as it cracked beneath her weight.

“Stop laughing at me” she pouted, the sticky mess of egg leaving an indiscrete yellow mess running down her leg.

“The irony of the situation is amazing though” The boy replied with a chuckle. Swinging open the screen door, the lad was called over to the living room by Mr.Kwon. Rounded glasses sat atop the bridge of the mans’ nose as he filed through papers and envelopes.

“Here’s your pay” he smiled, a white envelope held between thick calloused fingers. The boy received the envelope with a smile. His first pay, earned out of pure hard work. No bribery, none of that mess his parents were involved with.

“Sir, do you mind if I borrow Anna this afternoon? I still haven’t been to town here.”

“Do you even have to ask, boy?” the man chuckled. “Just be back before dinner.”

“Also,” the boy began. “What time is service tomorrow?”