XII

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 12
 
Loading the final load of firewood onto the trailer bound for the shed, Daehyun sat back once again as he waited for the girl to return. The mild roar of an engine grew closer, she’s back. Daehyun watched the girl before him, carefully observing she held herself up so well. Today she wore a plain orange tee shirt on some longer looser shorts, and that straw hat made her look down to earth. She looked like a farm girl and the found it particularly cute as she held true to her roots in her own distinctive way.

“Hey Daisy Dukes, new boy toy?” a foreign voice called. The way the angels’ expression fell as she peer over his shoulder told the boy something’s wrong. “I expect nothing less from a hoe,” followed a laugh.

“Get your shirt on,” she spoke quietly, grabbing Daehyun’s wrist. “We need to go-”

“What’s the hurry?” another foreign voice called again. Getting to his feet Daehyun looked over to the fence. Three boys with a hardened faces eyed Anna up like a package of meat, a smirk crawling on the stocky one’s face. “Come closer, I’ll cut your top a little for ya. You’ll be the perfect y lumberjack lady.” he finished with his axe in hand.

“Get behind me” Daehyun whispered to her.

“Oi!” the lanky one called out, “Get your hands off Jaehyeok’s girl!” At this point, the boy in the middle began climbing over the fence. “Jaehyeok! Don’t do it man!”

“Jaehyeok’s mad! Ya better run!” the stocky boy called out in glee.

“Can we leave,” Anna’s voice came out barely a whisper, the hand on his back trembled. “Please?”

The fuming trespasser paced up to Daehyun, who met the boy with a stoic expression. “Get away from my girl,” he glowered.

“Miss.Kwon, your orders?” Daehyun asked over his shoulder.

“Daehyun please-” her soft voice choked on a sob, fingers falling down Daehyun’s back to hold a line finger. Fear and pain in her glimmering brown orbs was all too familiar to the boy. “Take me home”

“I’ll drive you back,” he told her with a gentle nod of his head. “Please excuse us,” with a small bow towards the trespasser, Daehyun darted to the quad bike. Soft sniffles left Anna’s lips as she sat behind Daehyun, with a sigh, the lad pulled his guardian angle’s hands to hold him. “Your father will be upset if you’re hurt”. Revving up the engine, the lad drove away with care, it was time to watch out for his guardian angel.