XXI

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 21
 
 Monday rolls in with light filtering into the barn and slow droplets of paint running down the wall from upstairs. The pair ended the night with laughs and paint on good clothes. Memory of her smile and laugh replayed in the lad’s head- Haerin is undoubtedly beautiful. She was smart and cultured on how to act within society; Daehyun had observed that last night. Her raw and pure heart began to grow on the lad; her smile, her conversations, her mannerism, everything.

But his heart ached when he thought of her keeping silent when she was assaulted… “He’ll be back. Worse than ever"…not on Daehyun’s watch. The lad had this resolve he made when Youngjae got beaten up by bullies once; to protect his friendships as best as he can. He may or may ot have gotten those kids expelled from school, our lad knows how to wield his power to the people.

Tuesday followed through, busier in work with little tie for thought. Wednesday tumbled in the same way a little goat kept falling over and crying out after feeding time. He watched the concerned angel jump into the pen and carried the babe, observing the slight changes in behaviour. Daehyun took the drivers’ seat as the pair rushed to the vet, confirming the worried angel’s hunch- the babe had fractured its shin.

Love, that was the only word Daehyun knew to describe Anna’s face then. Her face carried the pain one would have for their own child, a pout on her lips as she the sleepy babe in her lap. She looked beautiful, and Daehyun’s tongue betrayed him. “You’re ugly when you cry.”

“Shut up, the kid’s sleeping.” Her replied, wiping stray tears with the back of her hand. Daehyun suddenly wanted to adopt a pet goat.